A Story Is Not Just Showing Us Screenshots Of Your Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I could 'like' that post I would. :) There are some good stories that get lost but I can understand it is hard to commit sometimes. I wouldn't try too hard to make it amazing at first as that is when you will lose the commitment.

Completely agree mate, don't think that posters should be scared to look at other threads and build on what they see. There are no patents on any ideas I have had and so if somebody want's to take those and use them then thats fine, I hope other story owners are equally happy to share ideas (so long as it's credited! ;))

It would be a shame for this section to die, it must be one of the most heavily subscribed.

How do i get the news article, bbc thing, i mean how to i save it as an image.

-

Follow my Burton Story

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=29211

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

http://tinyurl.com/y9tndjj

How do i get the news article, bbc thing, i mean how to i save it as an image.

-

Follow my Burton Story
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=29211

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:47 PM ----------

http://tinyurl.com/y9tndjj

Best contact BigAl24 mate, he's done this on his thread: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/cska-moscow-from-russia-with-love-t27997.html

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Out of interest has anyone ever tried an interactive story? Posters choose the transfers, formation, line up that sort of thing? Or even squad call ups and starting places at international level?

well i dont know about this because for my Zizou story i try my best and give great details also add thigns other ppl dont have but yet dont get many follower's i might jst end it at the end of the season. :s

Best contact BigAl24 mate, he's done this on his thread: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f81/cska-moscow-from-russia-with-love-t27997.html

---------- Post added at 07:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Out of interest has anyone ever tried an interactive story? Posters choose the transfers, formation, line up that sort of thing? Or even squad call ups and starting places at international level?
No I don't think anyone has ever done that. Although it's one of those things that is bound to cause arguments, good idea though.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

well i dont know about this because for my Zizou story i try my best and give great details also add thigns other ppl dont have but yet dont get many follower's i might jst end it at the end of the season. :s
I agree you give details, but to be fair, the last time you updated that thread before today or yesterday, was before Christmas, so you can't complain about a short amount of followers when it hasn't been very active lately.

No I don't think anyone has ever done that. Although it's one of those things that is bound to cause arguments, good idea though.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

I agree you give details, but to be fair, the last time you updated that thread before today or yesterday, was before Christmas, so you can't complain about a short amount of followers when it hasn't been very active lately.
I agree about that but i was in vactions and i did post that :p, haha, ur story is quite nice btw

Lol. Okay sorry I didn't see that. Cheers btw.

Think I'll make some new layouts now for transfers etc, maybe even make a video with cut out faces etc talking lol.

Lol. Okay sorry I didn't see that. Cheers btw.

Think I'll make some new layouts now for transfers etc, maybe even make a video with cut out faces etc talking lol.

Max, all you need is a video camera, a field and a football and you could recreate the highlights from your game! ;)

Max, all you need is a video camera, a field and a football and you could recreate the highlights from your game! ;)
Haha. I can see it now, the cut out face of Kaboul in defence :p

Personally, despite in faults, the Story section brings a lot of people to this website and also gets people to do there own Stories, the good Stories on the site bring more members and more subscribers and subsequently means that more members are likely to donate to the site.

I understand peoples point of you about a cluster of '****' stories but surely, the fact that they are '****' means that no-one will post, and the writer will eventually lose patience and that thread will fade into nothingness? Sorry to those who write them, but I also personally, dislike stories based on edited databases as I like things to be realistic and exactly how they should be, I also again personally dislike stories where the writer claims to be an ex-pro whos taken over a club, as once again this is unrealistic and all saves i play the manager is me. I myself have started a few stories but have only ever properly gone through with one which was my Espanyol one which sort of ran alongside Mike's (sorry for the unfinished stories by the way), however it is very difficult to break the norm i find and make stories unique and different as there is only so far you can go and so many things you can do with limited IT skills! I try my make my introductions slightly humorous and full of details regarding the club etc, but i admit many updates i post after that are screenshots and summarys.

I understand peoples point of you about a cluster of '****' stories but surely, the fact that they are '****' means that no-one will post, and the writer will eventually lose patience and that thread will fade into nothingness? Sorry to those who write them, but I also personally, dislike stories based on edited databases as I like things to be realistic and exactly how they should be, I also again personally dislike stories where the writer claims to be an ex-pro whos taken over a club, as once again this is unrealistic and all saves i play the manager is me.

it would be okay if their story died and they didnt do another one. the problem is that alot of members start a story, and then if theyve had no/a few comments after a couple of days they stop it and start a new one, usually with a comment like this:

''ok my last story had no followers so im doing this one instead''

then that story will die and they'll just keep going on starting new ones until everyone gets so ****** off that theres a huge argument.

you should do a story because you enjoy palying the file and would like to share it, if you enjoy playing it then you will usually commit time and effort to writing the stroy well, thus members will recognise its quality and leave comments/follow.

i only post one story per fm, my cultural leonesa one. becasue i really enjoy taking this tiny spanish club to the top, i get quite a few decent comments, but tbh ill play the file and continue updating the story even if i get no comments at all, becaue i enjoy myself. i dnt care if anyone follows.

stories are about enjoyment, not how many followers you can get, its turning into the old issue we had on fm base, people spamming to get their post numbers up so they could be top of the ''whos got the most posts?'' list. now everyone wants to have the most followers....

Last edited:
it would be okay if their story died and they didnt do another one. the problem is that alot of members start a story, and then if theyve had no/a few comments after a couple of days they stop it and start a new one, usually with a comment like this:

''ok my last story had no followers so im doing this one instead''

then that stroy will die and they'll just keep going on starting new ones until everyone gets so ****** off that theres a huge argument.

you should do a stroy because you enjoy palying the file and would like to share it, if you enjoy playing it then you will usually commit time and effort to writing the stroy well, thus members will recognise its quality and leave comments/follow.

i only post one story per fm, my cultural leonesa one. becasue i really enjoy taking this tiny spanish club to the top, i get quite a few decent comments, but tbh ill play the file and continue updating the story even if i get no comments at all, becaue i enjoy myself. i dnt care if anyone follows.

stories are about enjoyment, not how many followers you can get, its turning into the old issue we had on fm base, people spamming to get their post numbers up so they could be top of the ''whos got the most posts?'' list. now everyone wants tohave the mosts followers....

Yeah i agree with everything you just said to be honest mate, just wish those people who post awful stories would stop creating new ones when no-one posts, maybe as a mod, you could monitor how many stories people are starting and see what kind of followings they're getting, and if they're just creating story after pointless story you could give them some sort of warning or ban? I wrote my Espanyol story because i enjoyed the challenge just like you do, i got the team to the top of league in 3 seasons and then stopped because i felt i'd achieved my goal :) i haven't started a story in a few weeks, and have no intention on doing so in the near future unless i start a save that i feel is worthwhile sharing with you guys, until then i am happy just to read other peoples and appreciate the hard work they're putting into their stories.

Any feedback on my one would be great, I have just attempted something different (I know it looks ***** at the moment) but with some feedback I think I could make it very interesting. And I totally agree with what you said there Jake btw... I think my CSKA has about 2 proper followers, but I don't care because I am really enjoying playing the game.

Any feedback on my one would be great, I have just attempted something different (I know it looks ***** at the moment) but with some feedback I think I could make it very interesting. And I totally agree with what you said there Jake btw... I think my CSKA has about 2 proper followers, but I don't care because I am really enjoying playing the game.

There is always followers, if you update consistently, you will have followers, not everyone comments however because they don't feel the need, I prefer not to have comments unless they are constructive myself but I suppose 'good luck' and 'keep it up' posts can keep you motivated on a Story, I find them much easier to read if they don't have other comments myself so you don't have to trawl through all the posts.

I would like your post there Jack, but I cant :(

Yeah i agree with everything you just said to be honest mate, just wish those people who post awful stories would stop creating new ones when no-one posts, maybe as a mod, you could monitor how many stories people are starting and see what kind of followings they're getting, and if they're just creating story after pointless story you could give them some sort of warning or ban? I wrote my Espanyol story because i enjoyed the challenge just like you do, i got the team to the top of league in 3 seasons and then stopped because i felt i'd achieved my goal :) i haven't started a story in a few weeks, and have no intention on doing so in the near future unless i start a save that i feel is worthwhile sharing with you guys, until then i am happy just to read other peoples and appreciate the hard work they're putting into their stories.

there is a 2 story maximum, but if you close all their stories then they reset to 0 and they are free to post again.

also im a trial mod atm, cant issue infractions/bans until im given the job permenantly (hopefully) but the full mods/admins do deal with the regualr spammers. read the points system for more details.

i have suggested an approval system to the other mods but theres been no news back from sean yet. in my mind it would work along the lines of the tactical upload, ie before you can post a story you must submit it for approval by the staff. any rubbish will be declined. i also think there should be a rule where you can only start a story if you have played at least half a season, with screenshots in the OP as proof. This would discourage the muppets who write:

''hi, ive taken over as man city manager, am hoping to win in europe. pre season update soon''

then 2 days later they end it having not even finished pre season!

Last edited:
''hi, ive taken over as man city manager, am hoping to win in europe. pre season update soon''

That's how I roll brother ;)

there is a 2 stroy maximum, but if you close all their stories then they reset to 0 and they are free to post again.

also im a trial mod atm, cant issue infractions/bans until im given the job permenantly (hopefully) but the full mods/admins do deal with the regualr spammers. read the points system for more details.

i have suggested an approval system to the other mods but theres been no news back from sean yet. in my mind it would work along the lines of the tactical upload, ie before you can post a story you must submit it for approval by the staff. any rubbish will be declined. i also think there should be a rule where you can only start a story if you have played at least half a season, with screenshots in the OP as proof. This would discourage the muppets who write:

Oh, i didn't realise that about the 2 story maximum thing i really should keep up! So in that case, by deleting their dead stories you're actually doing them a favour as they then are allowed to start new ones as they don't have any? Seems like that system is a bit self-defeating? I like your idea of an approval system mate, i believe that could work well, however if stories are only checked by one Mod it could lead to bias as people obviously have different opinions as to what is 'good' and what isn't, therefore the only way that would work is if all mods view the 'potential story' and then approval is then achieved (or not) on a jury majority verdict? But i think that could potentially be taking things too far as at the end of the day, its only a Football Manager story, not a murder trial. To be honest the only thing that would help is if these 'members' didn't post so many stupid dead stories (speaking of which you can close any of mine that i've created apart from my Espanyol one :D)! An idea that has just popped into my head is that you could limit each member to one story per each FM edition, or per patch? This would therefore make people think very wisely and make them have to be committed to the story thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.