A Story Is Not Just Showing Us Screenshots Of Your Game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One possible solution is to maybe have a 'sticky' thread called, say, Game Updates where people can post their updates rather than everyone having their own story thread..

Yeah that is what i was thinking. I do think your focusing too much on Sean's wording rather than the meaning behind it though.

I could have, although he could of wrote "Some stories" instead of saying 99% if he meant a select few that is and not really 99%. I agree that some people abuse the faith you have in them posting stories by not sticking with them but you have to agree that the OP was very harsh on some of us who have put alot of effort in to our stories. Ill end my little complaint here and now as the forum could do without it tbh.

Maybe another thing to try could be that you have to have a certain number of posts to post a story.

Last edited:
I think the best Stories are the one's like Death Ball's he writes loads and make them interesting i think, but there is one problem with stories like that, not many people want to sit and read all of it, after the creator has spent a lot of time writing it ect ect.

People like to read a bit and look at screenshots, so i think if people update monthly and they maybe write a little bit about each game and then have a few screenshots in there 2.

For example check out mine;) have to promote it abit since I have zero followersXD

Good idea. People shouldn't take offence, if anything you should try and make you're story better and stop throwing your toys out of the pram a bit more.

I think the best Stories are the one's like Death Ball's he writes loads and make them interesting i think, but there is one problem with stories like that, not many people want to sit and read all of it, after the creator has spent a lot of time writing it ect ect.

People like to read a bit and look at screenshots, so i think if people update monthly and they maybe write a little bit about each game and then have a few screenshots in there 2.

Totally agree :)
It's because of the 'demand' of the readers that 'shape' the type stories supplied around here..

Trying to do something that's different will probably be readed and posted less... sadly like mine.

Anyhow I agree about the thread on updates stuff.. and let just the story forum focused on stories.:p

The people who **** me off are the ones that start a story and then go 'if no one comments, I'm not going to do this'. For god sakes, you have to give your story time. In my view, the person who used the best layout was TheHig and I do admit to being very selective in the stories that I read.

This thread explains the sole reason why I haven't contributed to the FM Stories section whatsoever. It's simply a mish-mash of screenshots of players and results that could just as easily be posted in their respective threads, with no original content whatsoever. After the first one or two, they become literally mind-numbingly boring trying to keep track of them.

Now I fear that someone will make something slightly better, and that will become the norm, and the process will begin anew.

Originality and creativity is key to keeping people interested. If all your story entails is a screenshot for a result with two lines of text, it's literally going to be repeated 37 more times per season minimum, and bore the life out of those you hope are tracking your thread.

2 weeks ago, you could rite a bout 10 words as a match report and screenshots, and people would follow, but now, standards have raised.. My fav stories atm are Deano's Brentford and Max's Pompey so i assume there not in the 99% :)

Having just read through this thread andI have found the majority of comments are very negative, it has to be remembered that not everyone is going to find it easy to be creative. Surely following the stories on the site is a matter of choice, like a book if it doesn't interest you in the first few pages (posts) then put it down and find another one that does. The fact that so many of the stories have comments posted shows that someone is finding them interesting? As the saying goes, one man's meat is another man's poison.

I would have thought that a more positive thread giving ideas for creating good stories would be more effective than one that is so negative? Jack Fulham's stickied thread on such a topic is a good example.

I can't believe that this thread is sticky, come on what will it achieve?

Last edited:
Maybe mods/admins could delete dead stories rather than close them. Having said that though its not fair on them having to go through the ever growing amount of new and old stories trying to find once ones are dead.

Maybe even a new rule whereby only donators can do stories.

Or as maybe Sean was hinting at, just delete the whole story section of the website. If anything it may help the website run more smoothly with less crashes..

Hey Hey myne jus dosnt screen shot i have conclusions and at the end of season i do a season review like best players played 4 me then part 2 is a trophy case u should check it pout the season reviews r cool so myne isnt the failing 99% and actually be grateful u little idiot u dont no how much people have to do jus to keep people watching if u donyt like the stories then dont bother wiv them soooo stop being moany

Hey Hey myne jus dosnt screen shot i have conclusions and at the end of season i do a season review like best players played 4 me then part 2 is a trophy case u should check it pout the season reviews r cool so myne isnt the failing 99% and actually be grateful u little idiot u dont no how much people have to do jus to keep people watching if u donyt like the stories then dont bother wiv them soooo stop being moany

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8iSD9lPVY6Q"]YouTube- Ralph Wiggum Fails English[/ame]

Hey, mine, just, doesn't, screenshot, for, to,out, are, mine, you, you, don't, with, so

Use a dictionary mate.

And also you just spoke to the owner of the site so if you don't like it start a story on a new ******* forum.

Hardly the best idea to call the owner of the site a 'little idiot'

really and truly if you like the way your story is set out then it doesnt really matter....for every fan there are 3 haters.....my story layouts probably isnt the best but hey thats the way there gonna stay :)

Well I'm going to try and spice my brentford one up a bit when I got my laptop back although I think I do alright in comparison to other stories I reckon I could make it a bit more unique. Maybe people should use this thread as a way to try and really stamp their own mark on their stories because lately the recent influx of absolutely dire stories has been rather demoralising.

Mine has screenies and writing similar to what coach carter said. I admit and ill hold my hands up I was lazy with stories but will continue with this one. Im having so much fun incorporating my kits into it and even Fergie potentially wearing devil horns. Yep, you heard that right devil horns.

Status
Not open for further replies.