Mr_Grieves

Reaction score

A Year in Aberdeen

View attachment 33696

What is there to do in Aberdeen for 365 days you ask?
Garden walks & Museums will dominate your top 10 on trip advisor and that says it all! You dont need a year to discover everything you need to do and see in Aberdeen!

Pittodrie is some how only 36th on the list of things to do in Aberdeen and soon it wont be there at all as Aberdeen set to move to there new stadium outside the city, not sure if thats in the game or not?

The one thing to do is my one save only on FM 19 Base save and it is with my favorite FM team Aberdeen.

One of the reasons for doing just one save is that my once 4+ hours a day almost every day have evaporated with work and the arrival of twins leaving much less or no time for FM than in years gone by, The days of a monthly update every day are long gone.

Im not bonny but christ this is a disaster of a image

View attachment 33695

Every season making miracles from the Scotland becomes harder as we fall further down the European rankings but this season i feel the momentum is changing and now is the time to build a great Aberdeen team!

SPL
View attachment 33694
From 1970-1990 Aberdeen had 1 double digit loosing season. In the last 20 years we had 1 before McInnes came in to steady the ship winning over 20 games 5 years in a row loosing more than 10 times in 2015/16 only . My aim is to never loose that many games

View attachment 33691

Pretty sure McKenna is not a club legend yet! Actually i think the players in the other two sections are all far higher up the pecking order than master McKenna.

View attachment 33693

The Squad
View attachment 33692

McKenna is the king of this team at the moment. The question is how long can we keep him and for how much will we sell him. Would be nice to keep him for the whole save but i think we'll need the money from him to build a squad. The only other career player we could have is Lewis Ferguson. He'll see plenty of first team action. Loan stars Tommie Hoban & Max Lowe wil give us depth like we've never had at the start of a save. Joe Lewis, Niall McGinn and Shay Logan are at the pinnacle of there careers but at 30 any decent offer could see them on there way despite our generous £400k budget.

In Game History

SeasonLeagueScottish CupLeague CupEurope
2018/19SPL - 2ndRunner Ups2nd RoundEuropa League Q/F
2019/20SPL - 1st Semi FinalsWinnersEuropa League Last 32
2020/21SPL - 2ndWinnerSemi FinalsEuropa League Last 16
2021/22SPL - 2ndWinnerWinnerEuropa League Winner
2022/23SPL - Quarter Finals

Totals
SPL *1
Scottish League Cup *2
Scottish Cup *2
Champions League
Europa League *1
Manager Or The Year *3

Career players
Scott McKenna p168
Hernani P123 G45 Ass40

Last edited:
Would wish you good luck, but hope they sack you honestly.

Looking forward to this. I'm the same now and only get a couple of hours a night as it doesn't get any easier as they get older

Pre Season Review

SPFL Pre Season Prices
View attachment 33610
We'll see how this pans out at the end of the season. In the real world I'd have Hibs & Hearts ahead of us but maybe our summer moves have put us in touching distance to the old firm.

Season Targets
SPL - Top 3
Europa League - Group Phase
Scottish Cup - Beat all non old firm teams
League Cup - Beat all non old firm teams

Friendlys
View attachment 33611
We breeze through 9 friendly's so far. Thought our defense would be a bit stronger but early days

Europa League Results
View attachment 33609
A dodgy performance at Totters had me thinking we were going out at the first hurdle but thankfully loan striker James Wilson popped up with a stoppage time winner to set up a 3rd round trip to Russia. All the other Scottish teams are still alive too

Transfers
Im tempted to say we had a great summer. The majority of our squad needs to be cashed in to enthuse the squad with some quality, kids and both.

In

Free
View attachment 33608
View attachment 33607
Philipp Wollscheid & Victor Anichebe will add star power at each end of the pitch to complement Joe Lewis and Scott McTominay to form a top class spine off the team.

Loaning Scott McTominay will bring a massive boost to our midfield that will let Shinnie go to left back
View attachment 33606

Kids
View attachment 33605
View attachment 33604
View attachment 33603

We get 3 players from eastern Europe. Ionut Rus from Romania, Two Serbian's with massive potential go right into the first team Armin Djerlek will be a long term play on the wings and Dejan Joveljic would be far and away our best forward had we not nabbed Anichibe

The old legs of Mark Reynolds & Andy Considine were moved on bringing home just under £200k and even better a £200k cheque for Greg
Tansey who was about 5th in line for a starting spot funded two kids from the east.

Starting x1
View attachment 33602
My hope is that Wollscheid will take McKenna to the next level quicker. Not decided yet who will partner McTominay while the 3 strikers Anichebe, Wilson and Joveljic will share time.

Match 1
Aberdeen 2-0 Rangers
View attachment 33601
Lets hope this is the start of something good!

Was enjoying this read right up until the very last picture, regardless very nice start and nice looking players you brought in mate! KIU

August

Europe

Two trips to Russia where we last managed to earn a group stage spot.

3rd Qualifying Rd
Aberdeen 4-2 UFA
View attachment 33151
We sneaked a 3-2 win at Pittodrie and went on to win in Russia with the only goal from Djerlek taking us to the final qualifyers

4th Qualifying Rd
Aberdeen 5-2 Zenit
View attachment 33150
After a crime in getting a 1-1 draw in Russia where we had no shots on goal, a OG was our scorer on the night. The second leg seen Aberdeen turn into Barcelona going on to thrash the Russians 4-1 on the night after falling behind to reach the group phase

Group phase draw
View attachment 33149
In this alternate reality Aberdeen & Burnley reach the group phase and play each other.

All Fixtures
View attachment 33148
The Stand out result was the SPL game we didnt win against Hibs where with 6 back up players we fought back from 3-1 down with 9 minutes to go when Michael Devlin got us back into it and off the bench Stevie May in the 94th minute made sure we stay unbeaten.

SPL Table
View attachment 33147
Quite happy with that. 4 points from Hibs & Rangers behind Celtic with there perfect start.

Scotland
View attachment 33146
Some how i forgot to mention that i am also Scotland Manager and here is my first squad

September

Eoin Jess returns to Pittodrie
View attachment 32795

For anyone too young to remember here's some of his best moments

Best of Jess

Fixtures
View attachment 32794
This was GMS month where he scored 4 goals in his 3 leagues games. Not such a fan of how we didnt keep a single clean sheet from our defensive set up.

SPL Table
View attachment 32793
3 wins from 3 in the League keeping us right on Celtic's tail with Hibs & Rangers bursting into there natural position ahead of Hamiltons fast start.

Europe
View attachment 32792
We gave Burnley all they could handle and more until the 87th minute when Joey Gudmundsson showed up to send us to the bottom of the group.

Last edited:

October

Suddenly this is much more like it! 6 wins and 5 clean sheets with only the mighty Alan Lithgow scoring against us!

I forgot to take the picture but i've got a new 4 year contract!

Fixtures
View attachment 32731

SPL Table
View attachment 32730
We're top but only because Celtic missed a round of games and still have a 100% record. Opposition was not to tough and Celtic will be in our future.

Europe
View attachment 32728
Aberdeen have had many great European nights but non better than when Besiktas. We went 6 goals clear in the first half hour featuring a James Wilson hattrick in 13 minutes along the way. Can we play Karis every week? A total recovery was confirmed with a win in Denmark puts us tied in top spot with Burnley at the half way stage.

View attachment 32727

Caught up and will be following this one. Looking forward to seeing how you get on over the next few seasons

Player worth considering is Adam McDonnell at Aldershot. I’m an Aldershot fan and I have signed him for my Celtic team (160k)he is keeping everyone out the team and getting assists and chipping in with a few goals too. Also due to an injury crisis I have been playing Armstrong Okoflex on the right hand side and he has scored 5 so far (I’m up to start of jan) including a man of the match performance against Rangers in the old firm game. Might be worth a loan if you can

Player worth considering is Adam McDonnell at Aldershot. I’m an Aldershot fan and I have signed him for my Celtic team (160k)he is keeping everyone out the team and getting assists and chipping in with a few goals too. Also due to an injury crisis I have been playing Armstrong Okoflex on the right hand side and he has scored 5 so far (I’m up to start of jan) including a man of the match performance against Rangers in the old firm game. Might be worth a loan if you can

Thanks i'll have look!

November

Our once unbeatable league from goes down the toilet as we loose twice and get our only point of the month at Killie. Less problems in Europe however which justify's the new deal!
View attachment 32354

Fixtures
View attachment 32356

SPL Table
View attachment 32357
Our abysmal month see us fall behind Rangers and Hibs in the table but if we can turn it around quickly were still very safely in the top 4. Too much rotation was the problem i think.

Europe
View attachment 32358
Aberdeen have won the group with a game to spare. We have been amazing in Europe getting help from the other 3 taking points off each other. We'll be going out to win the last game and get the extra £500k in prize money for the win. Not a penny of which has made it into my transfer budget yet. i see a fight in the future.

Scotland

Its been quiet on the national front as we won every game once we got passed Argentina
View attachment 32359

European league
View attachment 32360
A perfect record will see us move to Division B

December

A final pay check from the europa league with our draw in Besiktas. Wonder how much i will see from Stewart Milne in January?

Fixtures
View attachment 32037
4 wins from 5 away from the old firm is good for my ambitions of top 2 but three defeats from 3 against the old firm ends our early season hopes of a title challenge

SPL Table
View attachment 32036
Kyle Lafferty is the difference between ourselves and Rangers. Celtic are 6 points clear and have 2 games in hand and we need a miracle to get close to them this season. In the real world were going to be fighting Hibs for 3rd.

Europa League
View attachment 32035
We only drew our final match but with top spot already secured i was glad just to get the 250k for a draw

Last 32
Real Betis vs Aberdeen
View attachment 32034
was going to complain but at this stage we must be by a mile the weakest team left. Rangers and Celtic join us with Milan coming to Parkhead.

KIU enjoying this save (as normal) defo a good Europa draw!

January

Fixtures
View attachment 31919
The new year started full of hope with a 6-2 thrashing of Hamilton. we then draw with Kilmarnock. I expected harder games against top 6 opposition but loosing points at home is not acceptable. We also drew 2-2 in the Scottish Cup. The last thing we need with Europa League games coming up is more cup ties.

SPL Table
View attachment 31917
Celtic are keeping Rangers at arms length at the top having only dropped 3 points all season. We're approaching must win mode as Rangers are now 8 points ahead with a uncatchable goal difference advantage.

Transfer Window

Scotland
View attachment 31916
Celtic sell Kieran Tierney bringing in £33m in transfer fund which is mostly spent on bringing in 6 new first team players. The strong get stronger. Rangers also bring in 3 new players as more of a managerial reboot with Gerrard moving on Candeias, Foderingham and Pena

Aberdeen

Lewis Morgan
View attachment 31915
Scotlands hottest prospect at St Mirren but a move to Celtic did not produce the opportunities he may expect. Celtic wanted to loan him but with no European regens to take advantage of i've gone all in on Morgan.

Diego Lainez - Loan
View attachment 31914
The top Mexican prospect in the real world. His stats look very underwhelming from the player i've seen in real life. Worth a test drive but i doubt we'll be paying the £5m clause they put on. Especially after he got injured for 2 months in his first game

Out
Sam Cosgrove, Stephen Gleeson and Tomas Cerny were the most underused players in the first team and with the board not allowing us a bigger wage budget i had to make some moves to bring in new players

February

The best month of our lives

Fixtures
View attachment 31560
The squad trimming over the winter break has brought the squad closer together and 4 of our 5 domestic games with all 6 wins in a row. Home games to Hearts and match ups with 10th and 11th is just what we needed in the middle of cup games and European games. Sadly we dont get that next month. Progress in the cup as we win our replay with Hearts to set up a quarter final in March

SPL Table
View attachment 31559
The top 3 all have games in hand thanks to European games. Its not stopped Celtic from winning all there games, We close the gap slightly on Rangers but enhance our chances of finishing 3rd with a lead and two games in hand.

Europe

Last 32 1st leg
Real Betis 0-3 Aberdeen
View attachment 31558
Our greatest result since the 80s? I have no doubt. Look at the names we were up against. FM legends like Joquin & Javi Garcia, Top Spanish, top youngster Lo Celso & Barata among the starters yet we were the better tea for the 90 minutes going two clear both goals from the center midfielders Ferguson & McTominay coming from the midfield to tap in there goals. Lewis Morgan scored very early in the second half then we shut up shop delighted to take a 3 goal lead home.

Last 32 2nd leg
Aberdeen 3-2 Real Betis
Aberdeen win 6-2 on agg
View attachment 31557
With our record at Pittodrie i had little doubt we would see this through and much like the first leg we went 2 goals clear but Betis fought back with a Shinnie O'G and Joaquin but youngster Dejan Jovelijic scored in stoppage time to take winning momentum into the last 16.

Results
View attachment 31556
After winning the first leg Milan proved too much for Celtic but Rangers knocked out Braga quite comfortably to go through

Last 16 Draw
Anderlecht vs Aberdeen
View attachment 31555
Three "weak" teams remain and i will get the 2nd best draw from the other 15 teams so am delighted to have a sniff of a chance of reaching the Quarter Finals. Rangers have less chance drawing there best friends from England Chelsea

Scotland Euro 2020 qualifyers
View attachment 31554
On the face of it France should walk this. Wales are who i see us challenging for the 2nd spot and we meet in the first match,

March

Fixtures
View attachment 31348
Either side of the international break seen good wins helping our bid for 2nd. Motherwell threw up a stunning cup tie with many of our best players rested with Anderlecht games either side of this. Thank god for the Serbian kids who got us a win and avoided another replay.

SPL Table
View attachment 31347
Celtic dropped 2 points in Dundee but there title celebrations are pending with a 26th point lead. Rangers should be far more concerned with Aberdeen and Hibs closing the gap on them, especially from Aberdeen who are also on game 29.

Europa League Last 16

1st Leg
Anderlecht 0-0 Aberdeen
View attachment 31346
By far the most boring game i've been a part of. The Belgians play with effectively 7 defenders making it very hard to break down

2nd Leg
Aberdeen 3-0 Anderlecht
Aberdeen 3-0 on agg
View attachment 31345
We couldnt break them down in Belgium but back at Pittodrie we had less problems. Scott MccTominay gave us the lead just before half time and
despite showing little stomach for the fight and McKay Stevens & Wilson amazingly took us to the Quarter Finals

Results
View attachment 31344
Rangers couldnt not overcome Chelsea. Rapid Vienna also shock Italians Atalanta. Guess who we are praying to get!

Last 16 Draw
View attachment 31343

Scotland

Match 1
Scotland 4-2 Wales
View attachment 31342
A great start by beating our biggest rival for 2nd place. Matt Ritchie scored twice and Hanley & McBurnie all scored in the first half

Match 2
Israel 2-2 Scotland
View attachment 31341
After beating these boys twice last year i expected a stronger more confident Scotland side would easily beat them. However i failed to take the warning of a disallowed Cohen goal and Lindsay did his best he could to loose his Starting spot giving away a penalty in the 91st minute which Israel scored to throw the group wide open

Table
View attachment 31340