Congrats and reaching the 1/4 finals! Tricky tie against Monaco though

Loving this series! keep up the good work! Fingers crossed you can pull off a shock against Monaco

April

A record breaker with our youngest ever goal scorer
View attachment 30770

Woozley is the only stand out youth player
View attachment 30769

Fixtures
View attachment 30768
We started with two league wins before a draw with Rangers where Lewis Morgan 86th minute and a Mackay Stevens penalty in the 91st rescued a point and keep us in the fight for top 2. We had our worst result of the season as St Mirren destroyed a back up dons team with only 2 regular starters and only another 4 first teamers with our u18s far from ready for this fight. This was one of 4 games in 7 days where i clearly valued the Rangers and two Monaco games over this tie.

We also had a Scottish Cup semi final which went through 120 minutes and it came down to the final penalty which James Wilson slotted away to set up a final with Celtic in May

View attachment 30764

SPL Table
View attachment 30767
So the league split and Rangers hold a one point and ten goal advantage over Aberdeen. Hibs would need to beat both of us and get results in there favor to get back in the race for second. Aberdeen vs Rangers on the 25th of May, Match 38!. Elsewhere St Mirren beating Hearts to the 6th spot is a stunner. Livingston need snookers to catch either Hamilton or St Johnstone

Europa League Quarter Finals

1st Leg
Aberdeen 4-2 Monaco
View attachment 30766
I've said it before and i'll say it again. Our greatest European night since 83. Star players McKenna & Mackay Stevens had us two goals clear but Jovetic pulled one back before the break. Chris Forrester had us two clear before Moussa Sylla looked to have put Monaco right on our tails for the second leg but within a minute Armin Djerlek scored the final goal to see us go to France with a 2 goal lead.

2nd Leg
Monaco 5-1 Aberdeen
Monaco win 7-5 on agg
View attachment 30765
We finally came across a top team on there day and after the early encouragement of James Wilson making the game 1-1 and putting us 5-3 ahead overall. I just felt that if Monaco score then we can get reply, however that was not the case this time as Monaco tore us to shreds. We were no truly out of it till Pietro Pellegri in the 77th minute left us needing two goals and having not really looked like scoring one since the first 20 minutes. A great run has come to a end, and who know how many years it will take to get back to this stage of european contests.

Dons

Cracking read, looking forward to the rest.

Mon the Dandies!!!

May

We needed to go unbeaten till the end of the season and we did. But it all comes down to the final games at Ibrox

Fixtures
View attachment 30569
We started with a very unlucky draw at home to Celtic. We had the lead going into the final 10 minutes when James Forrest won the dodgyest penalty your likely to see. Down the road St Mirren were in destructive form once again thrashing Rangers 4-1 to put us into 2nd. We would hold onto 2nd place with two more wins at St Mirren and Kilmarnock. Two games left! First we welcome Hibs and after falling behind early doors we come roaring back to win comfortably. Back in Glasgow its the old firm derby and all we need is a draw. Well of course Celtic decide to loose there 2nd game of the season. Nothing subtle about Rangers 3-0 win here.

So its the last day of the season and all we need to do is avoid defeat at Ibrox. Last day and Ibrox has not been good to us over history!

View attachment 30568

It was a nervous final 15 minutes but Aberdeen held on to get the point that secures 2nd place for the 5th season in a row.

SPL Table
View attachment 30567
Celtic hit 100 points in defending there title. We manage to finish 2nd with a impressive 77 points. We must be closer to Celtic next season. We cant be more than 20 points away again! Dundee collapse at the end of the season and fall from 9th to the play offs.

Good first season mate and i'm sure the gap with Celtic next season won't be anywhere near as much!

END OF SEASON 1

SPL - 2nd
Scottish Cup - Runner Up
League Cup - 2nd Round
Europe - Europa League Q/F

Throwing away he Scottish cup final was the biggest disappointment of the season. Celtic are still a far better team than ours but after they spent the Tierney money without massive improvements we were a massive 23 points behind Celtic that gap must never be as big again! The League cup will always be a home for the back up players while were in Europe.

Final SPL Table
View attachment 29746
Celtic are still in a league of there own clearing 100 goals and 100 points. One day we'll be doing that! Our fantastic run in got us ahead of Rangers buy only by 2 points. They had a better goal difference and we simply must have a better summer in the transfer window to stay ahead, Hibs were in no mans land for a few months at the end but there awful finish let Kilmarnock close up. St Mirren worked miracles to reach the top 6. Hearts were the let down of the year out of the top 6. Livingston were the worst team in the league and while Dundee were really made to pay for loosing there last 2 games and being overtaken by St Johnstone as they went to the playoffs and lost to Inverness. Dundee United are the other side making a welcome return to the top flight.

Squad
View attachment 29745
View attachment 29744

Center backs Wollscheid & McKenna were my two worse rated players despite being arguably my best two players makes me think its a tactical issue since back up Devlin is only at 7,00 too. Shinnie looked at home at left back again while Logans season was interupted with injury 3 times. Lewis Ferguson & Scott McTominay complemented each other well with Chris Forrester proving to be reliable back up while the front 4 did there job all season with Djerlek & Lewis Morgan providing instant depth from the bench. Pretty much all the bench players except Rus, Devlin, Djerlek, Morgan & Woozley could leave depending on who we pick up over the summer.
Missing is Hoban and Wilson as there loans finished before the Scottish Cup final

Scotland
View attachment 29743
Two routine wins as France sneak past Wales.

Pre-Summer
View attachment 29742
The Europa League run is a game changer giving us Old Firm transfer money to build a great squad

Season 2 Preview

I get offered new job over the summer. Would love to do the SAM qualifying but Scotlands were were staying for this save
View attachment 29438

SPFL Pre Season Prices
View attachment 29437
Rangers jump us in the favorites to chase Celtic. Big things are expected from Hearts while big regression is expected from Hamilton

Season Targets
SPL - Top 2
Europa League - Group Phase
Scottish Cup - Beat all non old firm teams
League Cup - Beat all non old firm teams

Friendlys
View attachment 29436
No stand out fixtures but thrashing Anderlecht in a Monday night game was exciting

Europa League Results
View attachment 29435
The first team played twice and won both there games 8-1. The u18s played both 2nd legs and kept two clean sheets with massive wins. Aris should be our first proper test.

Transfers
View attachment 29434
We sign a total of 25 new players. Very few for the first team as we create a monster of a u18 team

In

Bruno Varela
View attachment 29433
I can't believe Varela is still at a steal of a price in FM19. With Joe Lewis heading to America for £2.2m we get a younger, equally as good keeper that should neat a healthy profit once the U18s break through.

Hernani
View attachment 29432
Part 2 of i cannot believe this Portugese player is still cheap! Coming in for half the price of McGinn has started the season on fire!

Michele Sego
View attachment 29431
I remember Sego being a a great cheep signing. Bit more expensive this season but we'll see how it goes. He'll get the chance to start from day 1

Abbubaker Mobara
View attachment 29430
My sleeper signing comes from South Africa at 1/15th the cost of the fee we just got for Shay Logan.

Free's
View attachment 29429View attachment 29428View attachment 29427View attachment 29426View attachment 29425
James Wilson & Ryan Christie return to the club after previous loans. Simon Francis & Oscar Gil join the squad as back ups as there is to much of a drop off to the youth. I only wanted one of them but the wage budget was there so hopefully i can turn Gil into cash in January. Our star signing was Alex Fernandez. The former Real Madrid youth team player should make us a huge income as the worst case scenario

Kids
View attachment 29424
View attachment 29423
16 kids in total join. I'll post a update of any of them if they break into the first team.

Out
To say im delighted with how the summer sales went is a understatement. So many players were out of contract in 12 months meaning 1st team stars over the past few years. Joe Lewis, Niall McGinn & Shay Logan were all replaced with younger cheaper options. We turned our 3 2018 summer signings turned into £9m with Wollscheid & Anichebe were always going to be sold to fund the under 18s. I didnt plan to sell Ionut Rus but with Milan offering over £2m for my back up u18 keeper was a deal you couldnt have dreamed of

SPL Transfer
View attachment 29422
View attachment 29421

Celtic make some scary good transfers at bargain prices. Rangers go all in on Hinterseer & Mads Pedersen

Starting x1
View attachment 29420
Only 6 players that ended last season survive to kick off here. I expect similar turnover in the next few seasons.

August

Fixtures
View attachment 29252
A worrying start to the 19/20 season. A toothless defeat at home to Rangers. Tight games with Killie, Hibs & Motherwell. At least we showed up big in the Europa league thumping Aris with a youthful squad before our first team players pulled of another huge upset beating Hertha Berlin on away goals

SPL Table
View attachment 29251
Despite our slowish start we are just a point behind Celtic. Promoted teams have major struggles

Europa League
View attachment 29250
After beating Aris home and away we had to get a result from the home leg of the hardest draw we could have got. We fought from a goal down at Pittodrie to win 2-1 on the night

View attachment 29249

The 2nd leg in the Olympic stadium was a roller coaster. Opposite of our 1st leg Berlin came back from a goal down to lead 2-1 but only for a minute as our main summer signing Hernani pulled the game level and gave us the away goal advantage. Hertha got one back to make it a nervous last 20 minute but despite being down to 10 men we hold on to reach the group phase again!

Group Draw
View attachment 29248
This could not have gone better!

Transfers

In we add one more youngster and two of Europe's best prospects on loan

Pinamonti & Zagadou will have big roles in the big games
View attachment 29247
View attachment 29246

Ferreira joins the u18s
View attachment 29245

September

We win all 5 games over three competitons scoring at least 3 every time. Most importantly we may have got our breakthrough win against Celtic

Fixtures
View attachment 28827
We kicked of the month with a 4-0 thrashing of Hamilton the kind of win we have been threatening recently. Viktoria Plzen put up more of a fight than i expected at Pittodrie where we really needed Pinamonti to step up and win us the game. We round out the month with routine league cup wins over Morton and Raith with our u19 players doing the job

Aberdeen 3-2 Celtic
View attachment 28826
This however was our result of the month, arguably better than beating Hertha. We bossed the first half and were on our way to a routie win when Pinamonti put us 2 goals up in the second half with Celtic only managing 1 shot on target. Sadly former Celt Lewis Morgan got a questionable red car (later rescinded) seen Gnabry pull Celtic back into it. Our other loan star Zagadou nodded home our only real chance after the red card before Seferovic made stoppage time very nervios but we held on to FINALLY beat Celtic at the 6th attempt.

SPL Table
View attachment 28825
A strange look at the top after we went top Hearts had game while we were in the cup. Can they keep up with ourselves & Celtic. Rangers have made a stinking start with just 1 win from there 6 games apart from beating us. Dundee Utd still looking for a win. I hope they stay up and rebuild to give us some local competiton.

Scotland
View attachment 28824
We've now beat Wales home and away. That should be enough to take 2nd now. After that win we still had a shot at winning the group amazingly, even so deep in teh second half in Paris until a late Griezmann strike gave France ther 6th win from 6. We will still take 6th if we win at home to Israel, Malta & at the Faroe's before finishing against France.

October

A very good month on the domestic front with a the only blip a rare European defeat in Belgium

Fixtures
View attachment 28286
Struggling St Johnstone came so close to taking us off top spot until a late Hernani goal saved our blushes. Less problems in the other two games with a come from behind win at Tynecastle, having just moaned about how we can never get a result against Hearts in real life. Our last match seen me take some big risks with 4 u18s starting with a shed load of back ups. MOTM Steve Morley may have earned more chances out of the u18s. He and Sainz look like our best two u18s and of course they play the same position!

Betfred Cup Semi Finals
Aberdeen 1-0 Rangers
View attachment 28285
A stunning stoppage time winner as 34 yer old Simon Francis comes off the bench to get us the win we totally deserved having dominated Rangers more than we have ever come close to doing before.

Hearts pulled off the shock of the save so far beating Celtic on penalty's to finally end there monopoly of Scottish trophys.
View attachment 28284

SPL Table
View attachment 28283
The cup final is not a freak as We have clearly been the best team in the league so far with a perfect record aside from the Rangers match and Hearts are next up in 2nd all be it having played a game more than Celtic. Motherwell with Tanner leadinf the golden boot race are ahead of Rangers and Hibs. Hamilton look to be in big trouble. with only 5 goals from 11 games and a defense just as bad as Dundee Utd & St Mirren's.

Europa League
View attachment 28282
We kept up our winning start in the Europa League thrashing Guingamp in France. We were destined not to stay top at the half way stage as top seeds Anderlecht drop our first group stag defeat on us at the 9th attempt. We will get a chance at instant revenge and going back to the top when they come to Pittodrie in November

Scotland

View attachment 28279
I expected a lot more from Israel but we swept them aside at Hampden before only scoring 4 against the Faroe's. Non the less if we avoid defeat to either France or Malta we will lock down 2nd place so in all but name were in the finals!

November

Brexit! Something i'm disgusted with in real life yet again screws me over in FM.

View attachment 28171
View attachment 28170

It might come down to me having to make moves right now to have a squad in place for the next 3-4 years because my youth team full of non British players will be worthless as we'll need to pay player £8k a week to play in the 1st team.

Long term i think i will be stocking up on as many players as i can now while possibly selling off players that will will not be good enough for the first team and justify getting payed £8k a week in 3 years time. A full squad review in December is not what i planned so thanks Britain! You ruined the save!

Back home it was disappointment in the league but we get our European campaign back on track

Fixtures
View attachment 28169
Rangers come from behind to hold us to a point and remain the only side to take points off us at this point! A routine win with several back up players against Inverness but the same idea's failed me at Motherwell

SPL Table
View attachment 28168
Celtic close the gap up to 3 points and get a goal difference advantage. Celtic usually kick on at this stage so from now on we will be playing stronger teams.

Europa League
View attachment 28167
Two wins have us back on top spot. We copied Anderlecht's 2-1 win meaning we have a 4 goal lead going into the final game against bottom side Guingamp.

Scotland
View attachment 28166
We got the win against Malta to secure qualification for Euro 2020 and we almost dropped a defeat on France till Greizmann showed up at the end again!

This has been a good read so far.

I wondered what you did with the team training as that's something I haven't managed to get my head around properly!

This has been a good read so far.

I wondered what you did with the team training as that's something I haven't managed to get my head around properly!

I tried to use the new team tactics but after a month i was sick of it and have left it with my assistant ever since. I only do individual stuff like positional role, Additional focus and player traits.

League Cup Final 2019
View attachment 27849

Hearts vs Aberdeen

View attachment 27848 View attachment 27847

Both teams have made massive changes in there teams in the last 18 months. We both find ourselves top of the league and looking forward to a brighter future

Hearts 0-0 Aberdeen
Aberdeen win 4-1 on Pens
View attachment 27846

The most boring final in recent times? Just like Aberdeens last win in 2014 the match was abysmal. Both teams seemed to feel the pressure from the rare chance to win a trophy in Scotland. Even till the last 10 minutes of normal time we took control and had all the chances in the final 40 minutes including extra time but it was destined to go to penaltys. Hearts crumbled as Aberdeen stayed strong to win 4-1 in the shoot out and win our first trophy in the save!

The players look delighted!
View attachment 27845

December

We lost to Celtic and lost top spot in the League despite winning 6 of our 8 league games

Fixtures
View attachment 27706
We used back up players against Hamilton & Hibs and only a late Stevie Mallan goal denied us of 3 points. We lost the big game with Celtic with both sides coming off a key final European games Celtics depth especially in defense was the difference although the games was not secured till there second goal in stoppage time. After that we won out of December with 3 players Lewis Ferguson, Michele Sego and Hernani scoring a hattrick as we at least closed the goal difference gap to Celtic.

SPL Table
View attachment 27705
Celtic pass us at the top but if we can win our 2nd game in hand we'll return to the top. The biggest thing we did this month was close the gap in goal difference which only 1 month ago seemed like a lost cause.

Europa League
View attachment 27704
We had to win and we had to keep our goal difference advantage over Anderlecht and that we did comfortably

Last 32 Draw
View attachment 27703
Celtic were beaten out of the Champions League by Porto and got a good Europa League draw getting Kobenhavn who have just knocked Rangers out. We did not get such a good draw!

Have Celtic went mental in your save like mine??

First season I finished 9 points behind and they clearly weren't happy so signed Schmelzer (Dortmund), Semedo (Barcelona), Jordan Ayew (Swansea), Mussachio (Milan), Lekue (Bilbao), AND Vecino (Inter)...

psychotic ain't it?

Mon eh dons!