Cracking win over Rangers, but also much needed, had you lost that then title hopes may have gone. However still nicely packed as it stands!

Cracking win over Rangers, but also much needed, had you lost that then title hopes may have gone. However still nicely packed as it stands!

Makes it real interesting knowing if we can get the results againt the old firm we can win it all. Rangers was a HUGE result for points and goal difference. I will forever be in debt to the refs for.

March

We get the two best results from the save in this glorious month.

Fixtures
FIX.png

Lucky for us with we had a run of bottom half teams while playing our Europa League games and won all 4 of them while the old firm dropped points all over the shop. Then there was one night at Ibrox

The SFA are corrupt! I guess the two red cards were balancing out the opposite fixture when Rangers had multiple red cards earlier in the season but hte fact both were overturned on appeal, first time all season i had that option says a lot for the ref but thats only half the story

Gers matsch.png

If you noticed i only had 3 regular starters and NO recognisable faces on the bench is this game took place during a international break
abz missing.png

All the players not selected were unavailable as were ALL My u18s & reserves. Rangers lost 3 players and only Morelos and Katic were regulars.
Rangers missing.png

BUT We overcame the odds for a stunning win.

SPL Table
all changed.png

Rangers dropped 5 points Celtic 3 whiel perfect Aberdeen go top. Celtic will catch us if they draw or win there game in hand and even Rangers are only 3 points back after there worst month of the season. Hamilton look doomed. Top 6 is set.

Rangers then lost there minds and for some reason did this
Bielsa sacked.png

They should be goosed for a title challenge now. Amazing they sacked someone going into a pile of title deciding games.

He's the 5th manager to be sacked this season. Strachan being binned by hibs is crazy and Alex Neil coming back to Hamilton is a game changer for them. Quinton Fortune at St Mirren is interesting.

Europa League

Last 16
Aberdeen 5-3 RB Leipzig
Leipzig match.png

I promised you a second amazing result and here you go. A 1-1 draw in Germany set us up perfectly for the 2nd leg. 26 minutes in and there was nothing perfect about the tie as Leipzig had a 3-1 lead and away goals. Never the less we went gung-ho in the second half and led by the insperational Morilla was back in the tie. The final 12 minutes will live with me forever. Babic from the youth team had us level but behind on away goals till the 89th minute when Morilla stunned the Germans and gave us the lead. Roles changed and they went all out attack but we got them on the counted in the 96th minute Anjorin locked in our spot in the last 8. Stunning stuff!

Quarter Final
CSKA Moscow vs Aberdeen
QF EUROPA.png

Antwerp was the dream draw but considering it came down to Moscow, United or Chelsea im thrilled with having a shot at reaching the Semis. Celtic also porgress in Euro 2 and there only competition is Feynoord, Bologna and Spartak.​

April

Fixtures
FIx.png

Quiet month in the SPL thankfully. We needed to beat Celtic in one of the two games but 1 point from 6 is disasterous. At least we beat Hearts to reach the Scottish Cup final so the quadruple is still on.

SPL Table
SPL.png

Celtic have a massive advantage going into the last 4 games. Rangers are doing all they can to get back into the title race but were both needing Celtic to drop points.

Europa League Quarter Final
Aberdeen 6-2 CSKA Moscow
EL MATcg.png

Akinfeev is still in goals but his day has passed as we walked all over the Russians home and away. Chelsea await in the Semi's

Europa League Semi Final
Aberdeen 2-6 Chelsea
LEL SEMI.png

Well its not so fun to be on the other end of a two legged thrashing. Chelsea were too much in both games ending our dream but the run to the Semi's is very impressive.

Celtic reach there final in Europa 2. They will play Bologna

Scotland World Cup Draw
SCO WOrld cup Darw.png

Good luck with the run in mate. Need to count on Celtic dropping point and being tired from other games.

Title run in

Match 35
Match 35.png

Both sides win comfortably

Match 36
Match 36.png

This was our best chance to get bacj in the title race and Rangers did us no favor. Celtic have to loose both there final games while we need 2 wins. Anything less and there Champions.

Match 37
Match 37.png

Celtic secure the title and we secure 2nd place by beating Rangers. Ryan Jacks red card in stoppage time was the cherry on the cake.

Match 38
Match 38.png

91 Points and no title. Will be hard to keep the core of this team together to challenge like this again.​

Scottish Cup Final

Rangers 0-2 Aberdeen
Match.png

We dominated the game from start to finish as i expected against a team falling off a cliff at the end of the year and without a permanent manager.​

Season 3 Review

Aberdeen Squad
Dons squad.png

Neither keeper stood out which is a surprise. Both look good on the surface but neither getting a 7 while sharing the no1 shirt will make deciding who to keep tougher. Quinteros has been the star he looked like last season while AL-Tamari came on leaps and bounds to become my lock down starting wingers with Byrne and Gavic who led is to a league title in season 1 now just back ups. The center backs, McKenna is the best in the league and Klok has had interest from all the big clubs. His spot may be in danger from some players returning from loans, Subocinski who deseres more games or Souter who thinks he deserves more action. The best new signing Arezo will have major competition from Sheldon who after a slow start is showing the form that had him in the England U21 squad. There will not be room for all these strikers with Mochrie & Babic too old for the u18s and loans returning Milutin's 14 goals might not be enough to save his ever growing value. The depth of the squad means there will be movemnt on the transfer front. Dont plan to bring in much youth rather focus on players that can start today.

My Players of the Year Top 3

Scott McKenna
Player McKenna.png

2nd highest rating for the whole league to go with his 5 man of the match performances. He's gone from a player i needed to keep for home grown status to a player thats too important to ever sell.

Luis Quinteros
Player Quinteros.png

He showed signs of being a superstar in just 5 appearances last season and quickly justified his starting spot with a pile of goals at the start of the season. His scoring slowed down but the performances did not.

Musa Al-Tamari
Player Al Tamari.png

He made a slow start last season but paying the £1.5m to get him intigrated into the squad was worth it as he became a star at home and in Europe.

SPL Table
SPL.png

Celtic are the best and were going to need to upgrade a few spots in the squad to beat them over 38 games. Rangers absurd decision to sack Bielsa with 8 games to go cost them a title challenge. Kilmarnock were on there own in 4th with Hearts recovering from some poor seasons to hit the top 6 with newcomers Dundee Utd. Hamilton & St Mirren tied but St Mirren went down having a 7 worse goal difference

Play=Off
Falkirk 3-0 Hamilton
SPL PLayoff.png

The Falkirk rebuild is complete as they rise from League 1 back to the top flight.

Major leagues
Juventus, Atletico, Bayern, PSG & Liverpool walked to there league titles

Champions League
Paris SG 1-0 Liverpool
CL final.png

A oil ritch side wins Europe's biggest trophy. Football is dead.

Europa League
Chelsea 2-1 Man City
EUROPA LEAGUE.png

They thrashed us si im glad Chelsea beat Man City to win the Europa League

Europa League 2
Celtic 1-1 Bologna
Bologna win 4-3 on Sudden death penaltys.
EUROPA LEAGUE 2 fina.png

Scotland comes SOOOO Close to a European trophy, What dross is in this competition.​

Last edited:

Season Preview 4
Pre Season 2022/23

Transfers

ABZ Transfers.png

Slobodan Tadic - ATT
He was the best value free signing we could get despite many other superstars being on a free they did not show interest in a move to Aberdeen.

Ryan Christie - AM
We needed a solid backup for the AMC spot and getting a player from a rival for around £1m does the trick.

Youth
3 Youth players are all we take in for now. We might get some more depending how August goes.

Loans
Were still working on a few superstars for Old Firm and European games.

Out
We had a busy summer clearing out 12 players. Jan Sobocinski was the best player we let go. We had one to many starting center back so i was glad that someone stepped in and bought one. Despite hardly played a game for Aberdeen Dean Campbell brought in £3.1m enough that could end up rebuilding the U18s or go towards a superstar. Jan Gorenc, Daniel, Ramsay, Cuncic, Esson, Barron and Pejic never developed into first team players while Ryan Hedges could not find a buyer last summer means he moves for nothing.

Squad
squad 1.png

squad 2.png

As the club moves up a spot in ranking our players current ability drops. We now only have two 4* players and have an unbalanced 5/8 top players are forwards. All the players are at least 3* and 9 players with 5* potential with our heavy u21 influence.

Youth
U19 squad.png

The squad has took a major hit with most players turning 19. Not sure if i want to hunt for 6 or 7 kids.

League Preview
Season preview.png

We are right on Celtic's tails in the odds, get a second player in the best 11 and Celtic lost 3 starting players. Hearst were the biggest spenders so far at £1.3m.
Rangers new manager come from the Inters backroom staff.

Gers mnagers.png

Im sorry for the lack of pictures in the update but my save crashed due to a update going wrong. I will have a go at reinstalling FM20 tonight to try and save the save.​

August

FM is alive and well thanks god. That is where the good news ends however.

Fixtures
Fixtures.png

A early start to the season with the World cup in November while rotating the squad we lost at Ibrox in a game we dominated but couldnt knock the door down, The Italian defensive system will be tougher on us. A draw to New Firm rivals Dundee put us in a early hole.

SPL Table
SPL.png

Not a terrible start but when Celtic win 5/5 shows us up in the early going.

Champions League
CL games.png

We destroyed Zenit away and home against our reserves then Dynamo Kyiv do a number on us after a Scott McKenna red card cost us that illusive Champions League group phase.

Europa League Draw
EL Group.png

We also end up in the group of death that we will struggle to get through.

Transfer Window

Aberdeen

In
Evelio Candia - MC
IN candia.png

Not that we needed another Center midfielder but the one man under £10m that ticked all the attributes and will be the back up to Morilla & Proper.

Berat Ozdemir - DM
IN Ozdemir.png

We had to add a solid holding midfielder. My hope and plan was for Scott McTominay or a similar quality player however Man Utd had no desire to sell the player who then rejected a loan so we get this lesser forgien version who i expect to do us a job in the big games.

Ezequiel Barco - AM
IN Barco.png

Are we ever going to have to pay for a top drawer AM? I wanted to make a splash in this transfer window and with my main guys passing me up i'll take the best transfer listed player that was interested in joining Aberdeen at a snip of a price which allows us to have a midfield for League & Europe which we fell short of last season.

The Garner loan was cancelled once the midfielders came in.

Out
Two long term players are on the way out of Aberdeen. Claudio Ramos, 81 apperances was not willing to share the first team spot with Werner so upon a request to leave and a £9.5m offer from Schalke was accepted. Milutin Videosavljeric, 108apps one of my first signing that i will be glad never to write his name again despite all the good work he did for us in 3 seasons with 34 goals the most important in season 1 when he helped up to win the lead. The massive profit for a man falling down the pecking order was his final and only flaw. This money could be used in January if we can grown our reputation and attrack some star players. SO annyoing being so close to Celtic but not having the players to get us over the line.

SPL Transfers
SPL Transfers.png

The full first page features transfers over £1m helped by Rangers & more so Celtic going on a spending spree after selling some of there star players.

World Transfers
WOrld transfers.png

Glad you managed to save the story mate and very unlucky so far, hopefully though that's your bad luck out of the way for the season!

September

Apologies for anyone with OCD but i stumbled into October so a bit longer a review here.

Fixtures
FIX.png

After some stumbles in August our League form was perfect beating with ease Livingston, Motherwell, St Johnstone and then Hearts ending with a thrashing of the previously perfect Celtic.

SPL Table
League table.png

We are right on the champions tails as Rangers also come up on there tails.

Europa League
EUropa.png

This is going to be a nice quick run through the Europa League. We are halfway through the group stage and still in with a shot of taking on Tottenham & Leipzig however we have played our two easiest games including a gutless draw at home to Prague that leaves us needing big results against Tottenham.

Scotland
Scotland.png

We survive in the top tier amazingly finishing ahead of Belgium thanks to a 4-2 win in the second last game and a youthful side drew with relegated Romania​

October

Fixtures
FIX.png

Only two games and two easy wins in the SPL after we destroyed Celtic. Speaking of Celtic they had a wobble at Kilmarnock to pull us even closer to Celtic with the world cup break upcoming.

SPL Table
SPL.png

Speaking of Celtic they had a wobble at Kilmarnock to pull us even closer to Celtic with the world cup break.

Quite a few managers loose there jobs
NEEW MANAGERS.png

Europa League
EUropa league.png

We were in the fight till the final match but we would have fallen short without the 5-1 shambles at Spurs. 3rd place has us drop into Europa 2. Hope its loaded with dross like last season.

Great result against Celtic! 3 points behind with a game in hand.

Do you plan on "attacking" EL2 or just concentrate on the league?

Great result against Celtic! 3 points behind with a game in hand.

Do you plan on "attacking" EL2 or just concentrate on the league?

I want to bring home the Scottish Treble and the EL2 for the quadruple.

Qatar 2022
So here we are at the most crooked world cup ever. Look away Argentina 78!

Scotland brings a squad with a lot of international experience with the majority of players being with me since the start in 2019. The star of the first 3 years Leigh Griffiths misses the squad. He would be at best our 5th best forward so time for the kids to step up.

squad.png

squad stats.png

Match 1
Scotland 2-2 USA
match 1.png

How did we throw this one away? Leading 2-1, USA go down to 10 men, We go 5 at the back yet by a force of nature they grab a stoppage time goal to steal a point.

Match 2
Belgium 3-2 Scotland
Match 2.png

We just can't get away from the Belgians can we. It looks close but they had the measure of us as you can see that every time we drew level they pulled another goal out almost immediatly. Sharpe missed a penalty that cost us a invaluable point but looks like we'll need to go play Mali and win by 2 or more goals

Match 3
Scotland 4-0 Mali
Match 3.png

The lads did there bit but Belgium screw us one more time, Revenge for that nations cup defeat no doubt. They were safe in top spot so played a back up team that gave USA the point to qualify meaning in traditionally disgusting Scottish tradtion we go out at the groups.

Final
France 1-0 Brazil
Mbappe 90+2
fina;.png

Not kidding this is how they Won the world cup. Shame for Mbappe the world player of hte year voting is passed

Even more for Neymar who dominated the competition.

Tree
Tree France.png

USA did themselves proud getting all the way to the Semi Finals. What could of been huh!

There was job offers but im not leaving my homeland.
offers.png

Unlucky there mate, you interested in Spain or gonna stick it out with Scotland?