What a read! I did this with Wrexham on last years game.

I am going to try and do what you have done myself!

I don't suppose you have come across a team called Flint Town have you? I'm from there and there in the league below the Welsh Premier? Have they got in the WPL on your game?

Well done to you!

Nope, I don't think they have been promoted yet. Thanks for the comment :)

January 2027 Transfer Update

View attachment 332127

Ins

Joakim Frojd - Signed predominantly as a much cheaper replacement for the outgoing center half below. Standing at 201cm and with 20 for jumping I hope he will be a towering force in the team for years to come. Needs to work a little on his mental attributes and marking.

View attachment 332129View attachment 332130

Paul Godoy - A very promising attacking midfielder who will more than likely be our future right winger as we don't have an attacking midfielder in our tactic, although if he becomes world class we may look to change formation to accommodate him in his natural position. Bad news is he doesn't actually join us for a year and a half.....

View attachment 332133View attachment 332134

Horacio Mancinelli - Our third signing in the the past two season from Boca Juniors is a right back, yet again with very good potential. He joins at the end of the season and will initially be back up but hopefully will push to be first choice in a season or two. Would also like to see him improve his mental stats.

View attachment 332135View attachment 332136

Outs

Douglas Altamirano - Another one of our Champions League winners departs the club as Honduran center back Altamirano joins Bayern for £13,000,000, a massive £12,000,000 profit on what we paid for him 5 seasons ago. He was a great player for us but at 28 I felt it was the right time to move him on as I could still command a very good fee for him.

View attachment 332141View attachment 332142

Damiano Cerro - A decent left back brought in on a free a couple of seasons ago but never really turned up when tested in big games. Also at 27 he wasn't going to get any better so I sold him for £3,000,000 to allow for youth prospect Gwion Hughes more game time.

View attachment 332143View attachment 332144

Next update will be our Champions League 1st knockout round game against Manchester United, hopefully we can get revenge for last season but I'm not expecting anything.......

Champions League 1st Knockout Round

View attachment 332422

1st Leg -
Aberystwyth Town 1 - 2 Manchester United

View attachment 332423

Very disappointing first leg which leaves our Champions League future hanging in the balance. We missed the chance to go 1-0 up as Macit Sahin missed a penalty and we were made to pay as Man United took a one goal lead right on the stroke of half time. We did momentarily draw ourselves level through Helder only to fall 2-1 behind only minutes later.

2nd Leg -
Manchester United 3 - 2 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 332424

Another defeat at the hands of Manchester United mean we are out of the competition at the first knockout round. We can't be too disappointed as they are a brilliant team and there were plenty of teams in the draw who we could have beat, but we'll just have to hope we get a nicer draw next season..

TNS in Europa League

View attachment 332426View attachment 332427View attachment 332428View attachment 332429View attachment 332430

A great effort in the Europa League this season by TNS, bowing out in the second knockout round to Italian giants AC Milan. Would be nice to see them repeat this success next season but we'll have to wait and see!

Next update will be an end of season review, will anyone end our domestic dominance??

Aberystwyth Town Season Review

2026-2027

View attachment 332874

Welsh Premier League -
Winners (29 wins, 2 draws, 1 loss)

View attachment 332876

Welsh Premier League Cup -
Winners

View attachment 332877

Welsh Cup - Winners

View attachment 332879

Champions League - Lost in 1st knockout round vs Manchester United

View attachment 332880

League and Club Rankings/ coefficients:

View attachment 332884View attachment 332883View attachment 332882View attachment 332881View attachment 332885

Next update will be a 2027/2028 (season 16 I think) preview!

Aberystwyth Town - 2027/2028 Preview

View attachment 333304

Transfers:

View attachment 333307

Ins

Roy Watson -
I pondered this signing for a while but eventually decided to go for it. A Dutch/French target man with 4 star potential (considering OAQ is rated as 3 and a half star) so although the transfer price may look hefty at an initial £7,000,000 with £1,500,000 in add ons I believe he can become a real top notch striker for us. Also, with getting fifteen million for Suazo and having a transfer budget of £45,000,000, I felt as though I had to spend some money on a future replacement!

View attachment 333310View attachment 333311

Outs

View attachment 333312View attachment 333314View attachment 333315

Champions League Group D

View attachment 333316

A pretty hard Champions League group for us this year as all 4 teams are very capable of taking points off each other. Zenit in particular look strong but this will be a very interesting group this year I feel....

TNS in Europa League

View attachment 333317

TNS are yet again the only other Welsh team to make it into European group stage football this year. They may have a chance in getting through their group for the second year running and making the Europa League first knockout round for the third time...

Next update will be a Champions League group stage review, will we make it through our tough looking group?

Champions League Group D

View attachment 334333

Match Day 1 -
Aberystwyth Town 6 - 0 PSV

View attachment 334327

Match Day 2 -
Valencia 1 - 3 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 334328

Match Day 3 -
Zenit St Petersburg 0 - 3 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 334329

Match Day 4 -
Aberystwyth Town 1 - 1 Zenit St Petersburg

View attachment 334330

Match Day 5 -
PSV 1 - 2 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 334331

Match Day 6 -
Aberystwyth Town 2 - 0 Valencia

View attachment 334332

Group Final Standings:

View attachment 334326

Manager's Comments:

' The Champions League has been very kind to us this season so far. Not only did we manage to qualify from the group after just 4 games with relative ease, we also managed to go unbeaten through the group with 5 wins and 1 draw. We played a semi rotated squad in Match Day 5 and an almost fully rotated squad for match day 6 so it shows we have very good depth within the squad. Moreover, the best news is that our group stage performance was rewarded with one of the easier draws possible in the 1st knockout round, in the form of Belgian champs Anderlecht. We should manage to get past them but will have to duard against complacency.

Player of the Group Stage - Joakim Frojd (5 apps, 1 goal, 3 MOM, average rating = 8.7) :

View attachment 334339

TNS in Europa League:

View attachment 334340

7 points from their 6 games isn't an awful showing, however they will be disappointed to miss out on the knockout rounds after making them in the past two seasons.

Next update will be of the January transfer window if there is any significant transfers, if not then we'll move straight onto the CL knockout round(s).

This is brilliant. Just read the entire thread - fantastic.

Brilliant to see a club from the Welsh league do so well

Champions League First Knockout Round

View attachment 335237

1st Leg - Anderlecht 1 - 1 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 335238

Can't believe we never won this game in all honesty. We carved Anderlecht open numerous times but just couldn't make the breakthough. That was until teenage Roy Watson came off the bench to put us 1-0 up in the 86th minute. I thought we would easily win the game from there but they stole a late equaliser. A good performance minus the finishing!

2nd Leg - Aberystwyth Town 3 - 2 Anderlecht

View attachment 335239

Similar to the first leg, I also feel we were the far better side in the second leg however we managed to scrape through with a 3-2 victory on the night and a 4-3 victory on aggregate. Our reward is a quarter final against Russian giants Zenit St Petersburg who we played in the group stage and took 4 points from them, so we probably go into the game as favorites. The winners of our quarter final will play the winners of Real Madrid vs Manchester city in the semi final.

Next update will be the Champions League quarter final vs Zenit...

Champions League Quarter Final 2028

View attachment 335604

1st Leg -
Aberystwyth Town 1 - 0 Zenit St Petersburg

View attachment 335606

A good result in the first leg of our quarter final as we walk away with a win and even more importantly we didn't concede an away goal. Slovakian winger Lubomir Koleno was the man with the goal to give us the advantage going into the away leg...

2nd Leg -
Zenit St Petersburg 0 - 4 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 335607

We seem to love playing in St Petersburg for some reason! After winning 3-0 there in the group stage we were able to go one step better and win 4-0 on the night, sailing into the semi final 5-0 on aggregate. Nice to see youth academy graduate Glyndwyr Lewis score a brace coming off the bench. Only negative is Ecuadorian midfielder Araujo got another yellow and therefore misses the semi final first leg through suspension...

Other Results (aggregate scores):

Arsenal 4 - 3 Sevilla
FC Porto 1 - 4 Manchester United
Real Madrid 1 - 0 Manchester City

Semi Final Draw:

Manchester United vs Arsenal
Real Madrid vs Aberystwyth Town

So we meet the Spanish giants Real Madrid in the semi final. Hopefully it is a good omen as we also played Real Madrid in the semi final in the year we won the competition. We've already improved from last year but I would love to win it again this year...

Next update will be of the Champions League semi final against Real Madrid, can we book our second Champions League final?...

Champions League Semi Final 2028

View attachment 336445

1st Leg - Real Madrid 2 - 1 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 336446

A decent enough performance from the boys in Madrid gives us a fighting chance in the second leg. It could have been better though, as Macit Sahin took advantage of Araujo's suspension to put us 1-0 up after 7 minutes. Our joy was short lived however as Spanish international center midfielder Serrano bagged a brace to give Real Madrid a 2-1 lead going into the 2nd leg.

2nd Leg - Aberystwyth Town 3 - 4 Real Madrid

View attachment 336447

Another narrow defeat sends us crashing out of the Champions League at the semi final stage at the hands of the Spanish giants. We did show great heart though, fighting from behind to level the game three times but ultimately their quality shined through to win the tie 6-4 on aggregate. This shows we are still not at the quality of the top 5 or 6 teams in the Europe and so we must keep looking to improve if we are ever going to win the Champions League again!

The next update will be a review of the 2027/2028 season and hopefully we may see some more improvements in some of the club/league rankings...

Aberystwyth Town - Season Review 2027 - 2028

View attachment 336564

Welsh Premier League - Winners (31 Wins, 1 Loss, 127 Scored, 8 Conceded)

View attachment 336565

Welsh Premier League Cup - Winners

View attachment 336573

Welsh Cup - Winners

View attachment 336574

Champions League - Lost in Semi-Final vs Real Madrid

View attachment 336575View attachment 336576

League and Club Improvements:

View attachment 336578View attachment 336579View attachment 336580

New Feeder Club - Portadown:

View attachment 336581

Managers Review:

'So another season passes by and our domestic dominance continues to be a walk in the park. We are starting to close the gap in quality to the top European clubs such as the two Manchester sides, Arsenal and Real Madrid however we still have some way to go. We'll look forward to the arrival of Godoy from Boca Juniors in the summer as he has brilliant potential and I have my eye on a 16 year old Argentinian left winger also from Boca, although I'm not sure if he will be able to obtain a work permit. We've also just had another takeover but there was no major investment involved, although the new chairman did something the old one constantly failed to do and that was to find a feeder club for any reason but sending players on loan. Next I will be looking for a feeder club to raise our profile in another country or to help secure work permits'

The next update will be a season preview for next year, however if anyone who is reading this would like me to do a 'meet the squad' I will be happy to do it as I haven't done one in a while'

Yeah I'm up for a Meet the Squad things, lost track of who's in and who's out!

Aberystwyth Town
Meet The Team 2028

View attachment 337064

Goalkeepers:

Alan Gannon -
Our Australian stopper has been a great servant for the club for many years now and has notched up 221 appearances for the club at the age of 26. Hopefully he will be our 1st choice keeper for another 10 years and get past the record club appearances which is 421. Do you believe he is good enough for a team challenging for the Champions League?

View attachment 337068View attachment 337069View attachment 337070

Michael Gerber - New backup keeper signed on a free from Bayern Munich. More than good enough cover for our league, but I wouldn't be confident throwing him in a Champions League game, oh well lets just hope Gannon doesn't get any serious injuries...

View attachment 337081View attachment 337082View attachment 337083

Aberystwyth Town
Meet The Team 2028

View attachment 337090

Left Backs:

Sergio Pereira -
28 year old Portuguese left back who has been a very good servant to the club. However, he is not the sort of player who will take us to the next level and I'm on the look out for someone better or who has the potential to be better.

View attachment 337093View attachment 337094View attachment 337095

Gwion Hughes - One of the many players who have come through our youth academy and gone onto become a Welsh international. At first I never thought he would make it at the club but he has improved well and will probably be at the club for many years due to his ability to fill a home grown spot in the Champions League squad.

View attachment 337096View attachment 337097View attachment 337098

Right Backs:

Andre Tavares - A solid Portuguese right back who was a member of our Champions League winning team. He's only 25 but has been pushed out the team recently by this next player...

View attachment 337108View attachment 337109View attachment 337110

Horacio Mancinelli - A brilliant right back signed from Boca Juniors (as most of our signings seem to be) who I'm hoping will be 1st choice right back for many years to come.

View attachment 337111View attachment 337112View attachment 337113

Center Defenders:

Javi Torres - ​Uruguayan center half who we signed on a free in 2020 and has been at the heart of our defense ever since. He's clinging onto his role as 1st choice center half now as academy product Dylan Meredith is pushing him for his place.

View attachment 337115View attachment 337116View attachment 337117

Joakim Frojd - ​The Swedish man mountain at center half is the first defender on the team sheet nowadays after a brilliant first full season at the club last year. Standing at 201cm and with 20 for jumping, it takes a lot to beat him in the air!

View attachment 337118View attachment 337119View attachment 337120

Dylan Meredith - Another Welsh international produced at the club, Meredith has became more prevalent in the first team over the past couple of seasons and still has room for improvement. We are working hard for him to improve his poor jumping stat though...

View attachment 337124View attachment 337125View attachment 337126

Will Ilderton - ​A 3rd member of our defensive unit to be produced at the club. At 27 years old he is a distinct 4th choice center half but is reliable enough when called on...

View attachment 337127View attachment 337128View attachment 337129

Aberystwyth Town
Meet The Team 2028

View attachment 337160

Left Wingers:

Pietro Zavatta -
A skillful Italian left winger who was brought in from AC Milan numerous seasons ago on a free transfer. He has no Italian caps and it is a great sham he 'sees no benefit' in obtaining Welsh nationality as he would make a good addition to the national side.

View attachment 337161View attachment 337162View attachment 337163

Phillip Schroter - Another great winger who serves great competition to Zavatta. This is the only position where I don't have a genuine first choice, whoever is in the better form plays because I can't decide who is my favourite.

View attachment 337164View attachment 337165View attachment 337166

Right Wingers:

Lubomir Koleno - First choice right winger for club and country, Slovakian Koleno is a constant performer in Europe and especially big games. However... his first team place will hopefully be under threat in a couple of seasons by this next player...

View attachment 337167View attachment 337168View attachment 337169

Paul Godoy - Aberystwyth Town's first ever wonder kid, well he was described as that before he arrived but he isn't anymore. I'm very excited for his development over the next few seasons and hopefully he will turn into one of the worlds best players, what do you think?

View attachment 337170View attachment 337171View attachment 337172

Center Midfielders:

Owain Humphreys -
Another product of our academy and a future Wales international, he would already have many caps if he wasn't holding out for an England call up. He's solid enough backup and like Hughes he will probably be around for a while due to his home grown status.

View attachment 337173View attachment 337174View attachment 337175

Macit Sahin - Signed for a measly 65k from Manchester United in 2020, Macit was a pivotal cog in the midfield that won us both the Europa League and Champions League. He's still solid enough back up and I'd have no qualms about putting him in a big game.

View attachment 337186View attachment 337187View attachment 337188

Paul Araujo - Ecuadorian midfielder with 42 caps at the age off 22, Paul attracted interest from all the European giants over the summer. Hopefully our first choice deep lying play maker for a long time to come. Signed from Boca for £5,000,000.

View attachment 337192View attachment 337193View attachment 337194

Raphael Thomas - Signed from Anderlecht for £4,800,000 a couple of seasons back, Raphael is our undoubted first choice advance playmaker and has formed a great partnership with Araujo in the center of the park. He's also developing the Matty Collins trait of scoring in big games!

View attachment 337195View attachment 337196View attachment 337197

Backup Midfielders

View attachment 337199View attachment 337200View attachment 337201

Aberystwyth Town
Meet The Team 2028

View attachment 337500

Strikers:

Oscar Armando Quintanilla -
Probably our best striker of all time. The El Salvador international was a key part of both our Europa League and Champions League winning side. At 27 I'm hoping he has at least 3 or 4 more years at the top level! Only scored 2 CL goals in 11 games last year so I'm hoping he improves on that this year.

View attachment 337501View attachment 337502View attachment 337503

Helder - OAQ's partner in crime up top, the Portuguese target man joined on a free from Porto a few seasons back and after tearing up the Championship for a season on loan he came back to dominate the Welsh league and finish runner up for the European Golden Shoe award. Many more seasons to come from him yet...

View attachment 337504View attachment 337505View attachment 337506

Glyndwr Lewis - Another graduate of our famous academy and a Welsh international. He has some good stats for a poacher and is a solid backup, but doesn't look like oushing OAQ for a 1st team spot any time soon.

View attachment 337508View attachment 337509View attachment 337510

Roy Watson - A Dutch/French international striker I spent a potential £8,500,000 on last season. He has 4 star potential and could develop into a world class striker I'm hoping. Should be aiming to be first choice target man within 2 or 3 seasons.

View attachment 337511View attachment 337512View attachment 337513

Lewis Doyle - Club legend. Played a key part in Europa League winning team and Champions League winning squad. Also won European Golden shoe one year which is impressive considering the low status of the Welsh League. Holds the club record for most league goals with 271 but is struggling to get enough game time to keep happy nowadays...

View attachment 337515View attachment 337516View attachment 337517

Next Update will be a preview of the Welsh clubs in Europe for next season, including our Champions League group stage. Now I have finished the 'meet the squad', who do yous feel is the best player currently at the club and which position needs the most strengthening???

Aberystwyth Town
Season 2028/2029 Preview

View attachment 337777

Transfers:

View attachment 337784

Only Godoy out our of incoming signings will likely be a long term first team player, although Gerber and Lechner may prove to be decent back ups. Managed to get a couple of youth players to go on loan to Afan Lido, Billing has started very well and hopefully I can get him to go there full time as he would be a great addition to their squad but will never make it here.

Champions League Group B:

View attachment 337785

Not a bad draw here... Sporting and Sevilla will provide stern opposition but if we play to our full ability we should do very well. FC Sarajevo will be the whipping boys of the group! The draw also brings us an interesting reunion with Ruben Antonio Suazo who plays for Sporting after his £15,000,000 move a couple of seasons ago.

Barry Town and TNS in Europa League

View attachment 337801View attachment 337802

For the first time in the save we have 3 Welsh teams playing in the group stages of European competition! Both teams have decent draws but I will be surprised if either gets through, though TNS's extra European experience gives them a better chance than Barry Town in my opinion. A question to anyone reading this, how far do you think we can get in the CL this year and do you think either of the other two Welsh clubs can get through their group?

Next update will be a review of how our Champions League Group Stage went, will also give an update of how TNS and Barry Town get on in the Europa League...

TNS will pass through, Barry town 3rd perhaps?

As for you, same as last year I think.