Aberystwyth Town - European Giant

Unlucky on the cup competition, but hats off to Llanelli for breaking into the group stage!

Unlucky on the cup competition, but hats off to Llanelli for breaking into the group stage!

Yeah couldn't believe it when they qualified. Getting knocked out of the cup could be a blessing in disguise as it will allow another clubs reputation to increase slightly by winning the competition, even if it is only a one and a half star rated competition!

Champions League Group D

View attachment 340622

Match Day 1 -
Hearts 0 - 3 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 340628

Match Day 2 -
Aberystwyth Town 4 - 0 Dynamo Kyiv

View attachment 340632

Match Day 3 -
Aberystwyth Town 2 - 0 Inter Milan

View attachment 340634

Match Day 4 -
Inter Milan 1 - 1 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 340635

Match Day 5 -
Aberystwyth Town 2 - 0 Hearts

View attachment 340636

Match Day 6 -
Dynamo Kyiv 0 - 2 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 340637

Final Standings:

View attachment 340638

Welsh Teams in Europe:

TNS: Champions League Group F - 2nd Place

View attachment 340639View attachment 340640

Llanelli AFC: Champions League Group H - 4th Place

View attachment 340641View attachment 340642

Barry Town: Europa League Group I - 4th Place

View attachment 340643View attachment 340644

Next update will be the Club World Championships! Hopefully we will be able to add another prestigious trophy into our collection.

Club World Championships 2029

View attachment 340646

Semi Final:

New York Red Bulls 3 - 4 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 340648

Phew, that was close! Played a very rotated side and we nearly payed the price. We fell 3-1 behind by half time, so I brought on OAQ at half time and he changed the game, booking us a place in the final with a 4-3 victory.

Final:

Velez Sarsfield 1 - 3 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 340649

Revenge is sweet. In our one previous Club World Championship Velez burst our bubble by beating us in the final. Therefore when I saw we were once again matched with them in the final this time, it only made me more determined to win. Frojd gave us an early lead, towering highest from a corner to head home from close range. We were quickly pegged back but Portuguese striker Helder came up big, bagging a brace which meant we ran out 3-1 winners. Who would have thought it, Aberystwyth Town - Club Champions of the World.

Next update will be an update of our Champions League 1st Knockout Round against German giants Bayern Munich, there seems to be a real chance we may fall at the first knockout stage as they have a very strong side. However, so do we I suppose...

I sold out..after my Europa League success the game became to boring so i resigned..Took the Rangers job,Bought all my players i liked from TNS and won the double lol Im a sell out i know,But your doing well despite the domestic side of it!

I sold out..after my Europa League success the game became to boring so i resigned..Took the Rangers job,Bought all my players i liked from TNS and won the double lol Im a sell out i know,But your doing well despite the domestic side of it!

Haha, I find all the little targets keep me interested. The one I really want is a new stadium! We are finally starting to sell out our 5000 capacity for league games so I'm hoping it will come soon...

Champions League 1st Knockout Round
1st Leg

View attachment 341933

Bayern Munich 1 - 2 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 341934

Great performance from the boys in Munich, with us taking a 2-1 lead back to Wales for the 2nd leg. Helder got both our goals, either side of a Bayern equaliser. I feel the result was deserved as, despite Bayern having more of the ball, we created the better chances and were more clinical in front of goal.

Man of the Match - Helder (2 Goals, 9.1 Match Rating)

View attachment 341935

Next update will see us play the 2nd leg of the Bayern Munich tie, we are in a commanding position but will still have to perform well in the home leg to see us through...

Champions League 1st Knockout Round
2nd Leg

View attachment 342527

Aberystwyth Town 4 - 1 Bayern Munich

View attachment 342529

Into the quarter finals we go with a commanding 6-2 aggregate over Bayern Munich. Helder once again goes above and beyond my expectations and scores a hattrick (5 goals over the 2 legs), however our task was made significantly easier when Bayern Munich's center half got send off after around 7 minutes. Hope we get a decent draw in the next round...

Man of the Match - Helder (3 Goals, 9.6 match rating)

View attachment 342530

Next update will be of our Champions League Quarter Final, the draw hasn't been made yet so there's no news as to who our opponent will be. In other news, TNS lost in their Champions League 1st Knockout Round 5-2 to Manchester City, a great performance in Europe this year from our biggest domestic rivals, lets hope they can repeat it next year!

Champions League
Quarter Final

View attachment 342564

1st Leg -
Aberystwyth Town 1 - 2 Arsenal FC

View attachment 342566

Ahhh, a 2-1 defeat at home in the 1st Leg leaves us on the brink of an exit from the competition. Arsenal probably created the better chances despite the game being even, so maybe they deserved their win.

2nd Leg - Arsenal FC 6 - 1 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 342567

Ouch! A 6-1 defeat at the Emirates sends us crashing out of the Champions League 8-2 on aggregate. We were 2-1 down at half time, so went more attacking to try and gain the two goals needed to send us through, however the Gunners were clinical on the counter attack and ended up giving us a proper beating!

Next update will be an end of season review!

Tough luck lad, what leagues do you have loaded?

Just the Welsh, Irish, Northern Irish and Scotish Premier Leagues and England down to the Blue Square North/South. Just agreed a deal to sign a striker from Liverpool for £20,000,000. Only 2 star CA but 5 star PA at 18 years old from a scout with 20 for judging potential, which is great considering OAQ is only rated 2 and a half star. Also he has 20 for determination so should develop pretty quickly. But £20,000,000 seems a lot, I'm not sure whether to go through with it... :S

Didnt you have Martin/Martyn?

Ive never really gone.into mass deals, one exception in my entirr game career

Umm, weigh what he can offer against what you need, will you have more of a chance in the CL with him? Or is adding quality depth a better idea?
Two ways you can go about it, how do you look in the HoF?

Boo! Arsenal. But still how can you dominate Bayern Munich then get dominated by Arsenal that makes no sense.

Didnt you have Martin/Martyn?

Ive never really gone.into mass deals, one exception in my entirr game career

Umm, weigh what he can offer against what you need, will you have more of a chance in the CL with him? Or is adding quality depth a better idea?
Two ways you can go about it, how do you look in the HoF?

Yeah, I decided to go for it in the end. Oscar Armando Quintanilla was 29 so I decided that even though it may slightly affect our performances in the CL this year, it is hopefully the right decision in the long run. Progress in the HOF is extremely slow due to not gaining many points from winning any domestic trophies...

View attachment 342740View attachment 342741

Boo! Arsenal. But still how can you dominate Bayern Munich then get dominated by Arsenal that makes no sense.

I probably made the mistake of trying to chase the game too much when we were 2-1 down in the second leg and they just picked us off really well on the counter attack. The aggregate scoreline defiantly flattered them though.

Ouch, so the points from winning haven't gone up at all.

Have you gone for any International jobs?

Aberystwyth Town - Season Review
2029/2030

View attachment 342745

Welsh Premier League - Winners

View attachment 342753

Welsh Cup - Winners

View attachment 342756

Welsh Premier League Cup - 1st Round

View attachment 342757

Champions League - Quarter Final

View attachment 342759View attachment 342758

European Super Cup - Winners

View attachment 342760

Club World Championship - Winners

View attachment 342762View attachment 342761

Club/League Rankings:

View attachment 342769View attachment 342767View attachment 342766View attachment 342765View attachment 342764View attachment 342771

Other News:

1)
The Board have decided to convert one of the terraces of the ground into seats, meaning the ground still has a 5000 capacity, however now has 1,750 seats.
2) The Board once again were unable to find a feeder club with merchandising benefits, not sure if they are ever going to be able to find one.
3) We still are unable to improve our youth recruitment any further, which is disappointing as we have produced some good players without it but I feel it will need to be improved to produce a world class player.

Best 11:

View attachment 342796View attachment 342797

Top Goalscorer -
Roy Watson (41 in all competitions)

View attachment 342800View attachment 342799

Fans Player of the Year - Joakim Frojd

View attachment 342805View attachment 342802

Next Update will be a preview of season 2030/2031, including many transfers, mostly outgoing ones! Also will show our Champions League Group and whether any other Welsh teams have qualified for the group stages of European football.

Ouch, so the points from winning haven't gone up at all.

Have you gone for any International jobs?

Don't think so...

I managed Serbia for a little while and we got knocked out in the group stage of the 2026 World Cup on goal difference. Then took the Morocco job and got to the Quarter Finals of the African Cup of Nations and then knocked out of the 2030 World Cup at the group stage so my ventures into International management have been average to say the least! But hey, at least I know how to speak Arabic and Serbian now XD

Aberystwyth Town - Season Preview
2030/2031

View attachment 342837

Transfers:

View attachment 342838

No net spend as £10,000,000 of the Pringle deal is over 48 months. Also cancelled the Rottoni loan after signing Polverino.

Ins:

Kazimir Cigrovski -
Was aged just 14 when I picked him up for £2,000,000 plus another £1,500,000 based on league and international appearances. 5 star potential but is still only 15 so a couple of seasons in the under 19's before I hope he will be challenging to be backup right back by 17 and first choice right back by 20.

View attachment 342839View attachment 342840View attachment 342841

Kieran Pringle - Our record signing at a massive £20,000,000, the English striker will hopefully be our first choice poacher for the next 10 years. He has 4 and a half star potential, (Considering OAQ, Helder and Roy Watson were only rated 2 and a half) so I am very excited to see his development. Obviously he is not currently as good as OAQ was so this may affect our performance in the CL this season and next, but we'll wait and see...

View attachment 342847View attachment 342846View attachment 342848

Antonio Polverino - This is a bit of a strange one. Got him on loan with a view to an £8,500,000 transfer after getting a scout report which said he had 4 and a half star potential (From a scout with 20 for judging potential). Eventually bid the £8,500,000 to see if he was interested in the permanent transfer, which he was so I signed him. Straight away after I signed him his assistant report drops to 3 star potential, even though the scout report and assistant report from when he was on loan said 4 and a half star potential! Hope it increases back, if not I think I may not have bothered with the deal...

View attachment 342854View attachment 342855View attachment 342856

Outs (To Non-Welsh teams):

View attachment 342864View attachment 342863View attachment 342862View attachment 342861View attachment 342860View attachment 342865

The two biggest names to leave here are Pietro Zavatta and the legend that is Oscar Armando Quintanilla! Was slightly disappointed to only receive £8,500,000 for OAQ, however it helped recruit the majority of what I paid up front for Pringle. Other players leaving will clear the way for younger players to enter the squad and hopefully accelerate their development...

Outs (To Welsh teams):

View attachment 342866View attachment 342867View attachment 342868View attachment 342869View attachment 342870

Also continued to try and help the other Welsh teams by offering out players who will never make it here, but will certainly improve the other teams. Billing and March could be future Welsh national team regulars, but they were never going to get enough game time here to develop...

Champions League Group E

View attachment 342875

TNS - Europa League Group D

View attachment 342880View attachment 342881

Llanelli - Europa League Group H

View attachment 342882View attachment 342883

I think that's about it for the Pre-Season update, the next update will be the annual Champions League Group Stage update. Any screenshots you want to see, just ask
:)

Back