TNS will pass through, Barry town 3rd perhaps?

As for you, same as last year I think.

Yeah I'm hoping TNS might sneek through. Semi Final is my minimum target for the CL, although I would love to win it and increase our reputation to see if it has an affect on our awful league attendances!

Just an idea, dismiss it if you want, but have you considered taking over TNS or Barry Town and running two clubs at once? It could make the domestic season a little bit more interesting, plus if you can do to them what you've done to TNS then you can improve the co-efficients a lot quicker.

Just an idea, dismiss it if you want, but have you considered taking over TNS or Barry Town and running two clubs at once? It could make the domestic season a little bit more interesting, plus if you can do to them what you've done to TNS then you can improve the co-efficients a lot quicker.

Hmmm... It's a good idea but I don't think I could motivate myself to manage 2 club sides in one save. An idea I had was to upload the save on the challenges thread with the challenge being you have to take over one of the other Welsh clubs and end Aberystwyth's domestic dominance and eventually win the Champions League as well.

Champions League Group B

View attachment 338504

Match Day 1 - Aberystwyth Town 2 - 0 Sevilla

View attachment 338505

A great start in the group against the second best team in the group. Lubomir Koleno put us 1 up in the third minute before OAQ doubled our lead in the 58th minute . Sevilla never really threatened us and Joakim Frojd put in man of the match performance at the back.

Match Day 2 -
FK Sarajevo 0 - 4 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 338506

A comfortable victory against the group's whipping boys. Young Ecuadorian midfielder Godoy got his first Champions League goal.

Match Day 3 -
Sporting Lisbon 0 - 1 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 338507

We left it late here but a goal from Helder in his native country in the 84th minute gave us a smash and grab 1-0 away victory.

Match Day 4 -
Aberystwyth Town 11 - 0 Sporting Lisbon

View attachment 338510

Yeah you read that right, we beat Sporting 11-0. A massive contrast from the previous game as we dominated from the opening whistle and scored at ease. Helder got 4 and OAQ got a hattrick.

Match Day 5 -
Sevilla 1 - 0 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 338511

Disappointing result but we had already qualified so many Sevilla wanted it just a little bit more. We were also without a natural deep lying playmaker in the middle as Sahin was injured and first choice Araujo was suspended.

Match Day 6 -
Aberystwyth Town 6 - 0 FK Sarajevo

View attachment 338512

This felt more like an average league match than a Champions League game if I am honest. OAQ scored 4 to take his tally from the group stages to 10, the sort of improvement I was desperate to see from him after a poor showing in the CL last year...

Final Standings:

View attachment 338514

A good performance overall and we put in some deadly performances. Our performances against Sporting were encouraging as we drew a Portuguese side in the 1st knockout round, in the form of FC Porto...

Other Welsh Teams in Europe:

Barry Town - 3rd in EL Group

View attachment 338516View attachment 338515View attachment 338517

TNS - 3rd in EL Group

View attachment 338520View attachment 338519View attachment 338518View attachment 338521View attachment 338522

Next Update will be our Champions League 1st Knockout Round vs FC Porto, hopefully we will progress to the quarter finals...

I've read this from the beginning and I've gotta say when it goes to Europe I'm digging for Saints-y to pull through and qualify for like the semis or something because they deserve it.

I've read this from the beginning and I've gotta say when it goes to Europe I'm digging for Saints-y to pull through and qualify for like the semis or something because they deserve it.

Yeah it would be nice, to be honest they always punch above their weight in Europe but hopefully I can win the CL sometime soon so whoever finishes second in the league will go straight into the Champions League Group Stage and get some money to improve their team...

I don't know; they could use "Eleven Heaven" if they had to.

Champions League 1st Knockout Round 2029

View attachment 339026

1st Leg -
FC Porto 1 - 1 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 339027

A decent performance in Portugal puts us into a good position going into the 2nd leg. Porto went 1-0 up after around 20 minutes, but ex Porto man Helder snatched a draw in the 78th minute, converting from a cross by wonder kid Paul Godoy.

2nd Leg - Aberystwyth Town 4 - 1 FC Porto

View attachment 339028

Portuguese sides really don't like playing in Wales, do they? We flew out of the blocks and were 3-0 up by half time, including goals from our two Portuguese men Helder and Sergio Pereira. A second Helder goal meant we sat comfortable at 4-0 before Porto got one back as we took our foot off the pedal. The draw for the quarter finals has pitted us against the team who has knocked us out of the competition twice in the past three years, Manchester United. Would love to knock them out but it will be a real test as they have some brilliant players, like these...

View attachment 339029View attachment 339030View attachment 339031View attachment 339032View attachment 339033

Next update will be of the Champions League Quarter Final against Manchester United, will we finally be able to make it past them???

Champions League Quarter Final 2029

View attachment 339045

1st Leg -
Manchester United 1 - 2 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 339048

A great result in front of a capacity 90,000 attendance at Old Trafford. We fell 1-0 behind in the first half to a Victor Hugo goal, a brilliant Spanish striker who I had agreed a deal to sign in January before Manchester United hijacked the deal
:mad: Anyway, we got our revenge through a second half Helder brace to give us a 2-1 victory to take back to Wales.

2nd Leg - Aberystwyth Town 2 - 1 Manchester United

View attachment 339049

Yes, we finally were able to make it past Manchester United in the knockout rounds of the Champions League. They gave us a scare, once again taking the lead, however a second half brace from OAQ was enough to send us through to the Semi Final where we will play German big boys Bayern Munich. Can we finally make our second Champions League final?

Champions League Semi Final 2029

View attachment 339052

1st Leg - Aberystwyth Town 1 - 0 Bayern Munich

View attachment 339053

Well this was an extremely tight game but we have managed to scrape a 1-0 victory with a goal from Portuguese target man Helder in the 78th minute. Bayern's lack of away goal may prove pivotal...

2nd Leg -
Bayern Munich 1 - 1 Aberystwyth Town

View attachment 339054

We're on our way to our 2nd Champions League Final! An early away goal from Helder put us in a commanding position as it meant they would need to score 3. They gave us a slight worry when they pulled one back and then created a couple of great chances, but we were able to hold out for the win. What is even better though is OAQ and Raphael Thomas managed to avoid yellow cards which would have ruled them out of the final...

Next update will be of the Champions League Final, where we will meet Premier League leaders Manchester City. Hopefully we will be able to bring our second Champions League back to the town of Aberystwyth...

Champions League Final 2029

View attachment 339060

Aberystwyth Town 2 - 1 Manchester City

View attachment 339061

We have done it! Our second Champions League is in the bag and this one is even sweeter as we had to beat Bayern Munich, Porto and both Manchester sides in the knockout rounds to win it. Goals from Helder and OAQ were enough to see us lift the trophy in the Stade Velodrome in front of the 72,000 people in attendance. They had the better of the game and we have rode our luck a little both times we have won the competition but hopefully we can use this victory to act as a springboard to keep improving and hopefully build a squad that is capable of outplaying the top European sides on a more consistent basis.

Next update will be an end of season review, and what a season it was...
:D

Season Review
2028/2029

View attachment 339510

Welsh Premier League - Winners

View attachment 339515

Welsh Cup - Winners

View attachment 339516

Welsh Premier League Cup -Winners

View attachment 339517

Champions League - Winners

View attachment 339518

Club and League Rankings/Co-Efficients:

View attachment 339511View attachment 339512View attachment 339513View attachment 339514

Manager's Comments:

'Well this season couldn't have gone much better if I'm honest. On the domestic side of things we once again managed to win all competitions, but we also managed to get a 100% league record for only the second time in my reign. Of course the main success story of the season was being able to win our second Champions League, beating English giants Manchester City 2-1 in the final. The win has seen our reputation rise to continental for the first time, which will hopefully help us attract a higher class of player to the club. I'm hoping we can win the European Super Cup at the start of next season as we have failed in our last 2 attempts and also the CWC's as we also lost in the final during our last appearance in the competition'

Next update will be either be a pre-season update or the European Super Cup Final, where we will play Italian side Udinese.

great work winning another champions league, just a crazy thought but maybe it might be an idea to throw the league and finish second. would allow another welsh team direct passage to the group stages of the CL and will help their finances. plus i assume you would qualify with ease

great work winning another champions league, just a crazy thought but maybe it might be an idea to throw the league and finish second. would allow another welsh team direct passage to the group stages of the CL and will help their finances. plus i assume you would qualify with ease

Thanks mate! TNS will actually go straight into the group stages next year due to us winning the competition, so the third place team takes their place in the qualifiers. The problem is the teams don't seem to spend the money very well, they buy the odd decent player but on the whole the players aren't of a good enough quality to challenge us.

Season Preview
2029/2030

View attachment 339580

Transfers:

View attachment 339581

Nothing really to mention here. Both of the ins were young players to provide back up to the first team and will more than likely never make it at the club. Was nice to see us managing to get some players to leave on loan to fellow Welsh clubs to try and improve them.

Champions League Group D:

View attachment 339582

Should be a straight shoot out between us and Inter for top spot in the group. I'm expecting to take 6 points off the other two teams!

Welsh Clubs in Europe:

TNS:
Champions League Group F
(Qualified due to us finishing 2nd in the league as we took our CL place through winning the Champions League last year)

View attachment 339584

Llanelli AFC: Champions League Group H
(Beat Napoli and Bursaspor on route to there first appearance in group stage European football since I started the save)

View attachment 339585View attachment 339586

Barry Town: Europa League Group I
(Beat Bordeaux on away goals to get into the Europa League, I suspect they may have half a chance of sneaking second place)

View attachment 339588View attachment 339587

Next update will be of the European Super Cup final against Udinese, can we make it third time lucky and finally win the competition?

European Super Cup

View attachment 339590

Aberystwyth Town 6 - 1 Udinese

View attachment 339591

The trophy which has eluded us in our previous attempts to bring back to Wales is now finally in our trophy cabinet. You could really sense that there was only one team busting a gut to try and win this game. We were 3-1 up by half time and then 3 quick goals in the second half meant it was plain sailing from then on and we had secured yet another European trophy. Next target - To become the Club Champions of the World...

Next update will be our Chmapions League Group stage, where we should qualify with ease...

Out of Premier League Cup

View attachment 339879

Just a quick update to say we won't be getting a domestic treble this year as we have been beaten 2-0 in the first round of the Welsh Premier League cup by Ryhl FC...

View attachment 339877

This may explain why we were knocked out however, we always have problems with internationals during the First Round but this is taking the mick, only 3 first team players available with all decent youngster out on loan...

View attachment 339878