AFC Wimbledon - My incredible journey through two seasons!

Frumleiki

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I don't know if I'm not allowed to post this here, if not I'm sorry - but I'm going to show you in words and pictures my incredible journey through two seasons of overachieving with AFC Wimbledon. This is my first real LLM save except a minor challenge with Leeds in FM 10 that wasn't even demanding. [Although I did not make my own tactic or training)

AFC Wimbledon have the estimated value of 1 million pounds, their debts equal their estimated value.

1st season: Media Prediction was about 9th-14th not even a promotion?

I decided to take over AFC Wimbledon because I remembered their name from CM 03/04, or was that Wimbledon? When they were in debts in the Champions League with loads of good players.

The first thing I noticed about them was that I had to make a lot of improvements to get my goal win the league. I wasted about an hour just in the player search looking for players and I saw some interesting players on the forum, the players I discovered were few but useful.

I decided I would use the Goals Galore tactic with a little tweak and I changed to a 4-3-3, no wingers. (Match Preparation Focus: Attacking Positioning)
My team was usually like this:

Liam O'Brien (Very good free goalkeeper)

Shaun ******* (Reading), Nathan Baker (Villa), Gavin Hoyte (Arsenal), César (free)

Mahoto (free), Laraudo (free), Victor Pálsson (Liverpool) / Dominic Morfeo (free, expert set piece taker)

Akwuegbu (free) - Léo Aro (free) - Ngo Baheng (free)

I was about 2 K over the wage budget, so I was determined to get some prize money.

transfersp.jpg

My flop signing was Ben Hoskin, played very few games because of Cummings and Hoyte.

I started really well and only lost 1 game in the first 7 matches, and I was winning everything and it was fairly easy, my squad consisted of players with capable of playing at a much higher level.

I surprised my self in the F.A. Cup.
AFC Wimbledon 3-0 Basingstoke (FA Cup 4th round qualification)
FC Halifax 0-4 AFC Wimbledon (FA Cup 1st Round)
Morecambe 1-3 AFC Wimbledon (FA Cup 2nd Round)
AFC Wimbledon 1-0 Man Utd (FA Cup 3rd Round) - They used their reserve squad and Macheda got injured after 5 minutes.
AFC Wimbledon 2-2 Bolton (FA Cup 4th Round)
Bolton 5-2 AFC Wimbledon (FA Cup 4th Round Replay)

Bolton did not repeat Man Utd mistakes. I was really happy with my performance and got nice chunk of money from this competition.

AFC Wimbledon vs Bolton
wimbledonvsbolton22.jpg

Bolton vs AFC Wimbledon
boltonvswimbledon52.jpg

Now the competition for the smaller teams, FA Trophy, smaller teams, less prize money.

AFC Wimbledon 2-0 Luton (FA Trophy 1st Round)
AFC Wimbledon 2-0 Hayes & Yeading (FA Trophy 2nd Round)
Crawley 2-3 Wimbledon (FA Trophy 3rd Round)
AFC Wimbledon 4-2 Histon (FA Trophy 4th Round)
Wrexham 2-3 AFC Wimbledon(FA Trophy Semi Finals 1st Leg)
AFC Wimbledon 2-0 Wrexham (FA Tropy Semi Finals 2nd Leg)

AFC Wimbledon 4-1 Eastbourne Boro (FA Trophy Final)
fatrophyfinal.jpg

Great success in the FA Trophy and everyone loved me.
The BSP was also a walk in the park for my team.
bsplokastaa.jpg

Of course I was amazed by this, I got a coach with 15 in both juding abilities that rated my top striker as a "Good Championship Player" and few teams interested in him, I understand that.

loaroeftir1season.jpg

Great player, played him in the middle of a three men attacking force, as a poacher.

I will continue in the next post.

PS. I hope someone reads this :D

thats a really good striker 4 ya league
That's a God for his league.

Interested in seeing your next post, from the looks of it that team doesn't need much changing to walk League 2 as well.

2nd Season

Now the second season, I did not have high expectations, I was just hoping for a mid table finish and establish my team in the division to get a promotion in the next 1-2 years.

I got Barnsley as my parent club and then Ipswich later on.

I made a lot of changes to my squad.

My lineup was usually like this:

Liam O'Brien - In January Andreas Lie

Shaleum Logan - Jorge Pulido (West Ham) - Nathan Baker (Villa) / Luke Potter (Barnsley) - Ben Gordon / Shane O'Connor (Ipswich)

Mahoto - Laraudo/Van Der Leegte - Norwood

Milton Caraglio/Jose Mota/Terry Dixon - Nikola Saric/Terry Dixon - Sanchez Watt/Terry Dixon

I was always looking to make profit for my in-debt club, even if I it cost me my star striker.
transfers2nd.jpg

My new star striker was supposed to be Milton Caraglio, and then Jose Mota, but it was Nikola Saric playing in Léo Aro's old position the poacher in the middle.

Like I mentioned above I was hoping to establish my self in the division, dreaming of promotion.

I did well in the JPT. I was really happy with the performance of the lads.
jptjourney.jpg

The thrilling final
jptfinal.jpg

It's understandable I was happy about victory in the JPT, but that wasn't my overachieving.

I did good in the FA Cup again!
facupjourney.jpg

I WON the npower League 2, my players know how to put the ball in the net. But that was still not my my biggest win.
lokastaadeild.jpg

I played heavenly in the League Cup, surprise, surprise.
leaguecupjourney.jpg

The Final
leaguecupfinal.jpg

I won the League Cup! Sir Alex Ferguson played two games against me in two season, used the reserves in both matches, lost both and retired after the season. I had ONE shot on target, but that was enough! I qualified for the Euro Cup and I'm in npower League 1!

Overview of 3rd season:

Transfers
transfersd.jpg

Euro Cup (I hope I make the group stages, money, money, money)
eurocup.jpg

Overview Boardroom
overviewboardroom.jpg

Finances
financesm.jpg

--

Wish me luck!

Last edited:
Friggin' **** lad.

I was surprised you sold Léo Aro (if you'd kept him for a further season and he'd have earned you much more), but you seemed to have more than enough firepower.

And they say the League Cup doesn't matter anymore.

And I had to get more money in to the club, the 4.500 capacity stadium was sold out almost every game :D

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Friggin' **** lad.

I was surprised you sold Léo Aro (if you'd kept him for a further season and he'd have earned you much more), but you seemed to have more than enough firepower.

And they say the League Cup doesn't matter anymore.

Hehe :) - I read a thread here about not being afraid of selling your star player for much money and my balance was about 500K so that was a nice profit.

How are you spending 68,000 p/w on wages with a small stadium? isnt that more than most established league one clubs?

Your screen shots look a little muddled up, alot of the results you showed for when you were in npower League 2 had 'AFC Wimbledon - npower League 1' at the top of the page, and on closer inspection the colours surrounding the team name look odd, like a bad edit job on MS Paint.

I'm not accusing you of cheating, far from it; it looks like you've done an incredible job with Wimbledon so far. I was just pointing out something I thought was slightly odd.

Your screen shots look a little muddled up, alot of the results you showed for when you were in npower League 2 had 'AFC Wimbledon - npower League 1' at the top of the page, and on closer inspection the colours surrounding the team name look odd, like a bad edit job on MS Paint.

I'm not accusing you of cheating, far from it; it looks like you've done an incredible job with Wimbledon so far. I was just pointing out something I thought was slightly odd.
You do appear to be correct.

Something's afoot.

Now the second season, I did not have high expectations, I was just hoping for a mid table finish and establish my team in the division to get a promotion in the next 1-2 years.

I got Barnsley as my parent club and then Ipswich later on.

I made a lot of changes to my squad.

My lineup was usually like this:

Liam O'Brien - In January Andreas Lie

Shaleum Logan - Jorge Pulido (West Ham) - Nathan Baker (Villa) / Luke Potter (Barnsley) - Ben Gordon / Shane O'Connor (Ipswich)

Mahoto - Laraudo/Van Der Leegte - Norwood

Milton Caraglio/Jose Mota/Terry Dixon - Nikola Saric/Terry Dixon - Sanchez Watt/Terry Dixon

My new star striker was supposed to be Milton Caraglio, and then Jose Mota, but it was Nikola Saric playing in Léo Aro's old position the poacher in the middle.

Like I mentioned above I was hoping to establish my self in the division, dreaming of promotion.

I did well in the JPT. I was really happy with the performance of the lads.
jptjourney.jpg

The thrilling final
jptfinal.jpg

I'm not sure mate, as far as I can tell he's won the JPT in his second season - which would mean he'd be in npower League 2, not League 1 as it says on the screen. I'd happily be corrected though, if I've got the wrong end of the stick on this one.

He's in his third season, looking back upon the second season. He's in League 1 for his next year, as it appears in the screen.

heavens above, you're doing amazingly :O

how's Jon Main doing?

EDIT - you released him you tight basted :p (I'm his cousin)

he's not cheating hes looking back at his previous seasons achievements. but looking like a very bright future with u as manager so keep up the good work ;)

There ain't a chance that when you won the League Cup, Man Utd played there reserve team, Darren Fletcher ain't reserve, if they did, I doubt Aston Villa did the same aswell. I think you cheated in some games to win things for an extra challenge/achievement, but it is still good.

I mean Crawley. We're the best in the BSP. And they never do well in FM.

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

That's because he's already in season three.

But since when was you a Crawley fan? Since they got rich?