AFC Wimbledon - My incredible journey through two seasons!

Finances, cup competition success and always winning the league are suspicious. It's not one success, or one event, but the whole picture.

If you look at my signings, they are capable of this. I'm playing with a slightly changed Goals Galore tactic there.

4-3-3 - No wingers

GK - Defend

FB - Support - General CB - General CB - FB - Suppot

Box-To-Box Mid - Ball Winning Midfielder - CM Automatic

Adv. ST - Poacher - Adv. ST

I change the midfield and forward positions to suit my players but I always have a poacher and that is usually my main goalscorer.

I have no idea how to proof this but.. it's your choice as a person to make your own decisions.

PS: I'm just going to take these accuses of cheating as a compliment.

In my 3rd tier portugal game, I beat Barca in a friendly *shrugs* they played mostly reserves though.

Some people including me are suspicious of new posters who make wild claims.

Fairy liquid is an aphrodisiac, it's the secret ingredient in ******

I once killed a tiger with a biro

suspicious yet?

I won the league cup while in L2, and championship, won promotion and the league every year apart from the prem (i came second) oh and won the european cup. I save 46 times a season but don't cheat.

How about now?

Last edited:
In my 3rd tier portugal game, I beat Barca in a friendly *shrugs* they played mostly reserves though.

Some people including me are suspicious of new posters who make wild claims.

I just recently started posting on FM-Base, I've been a member on an Icelandic FM forum for 6-7 years now.

Lets not descend into spam please.

Pretty soon this kind of thing won't be on the main forums anyway, stories will only be posted to a users blog.

It doesn't really matter if you cheated or not, I'm unconvinced everything you have done is entirely legit but thats just my opinion.

From now on if you don't believe what he has posted to be true, simply leave the thread and don't come back.

Any spam (and i include accusations of cheating as spam) will be dealt with by way of an infraction.

Pretty soon this kind of thing won't be on the main forums anyway, stories will only be posted to a users blog.

When you say stories... Will this be in fiction, or non-fiction?

When you say stories... Will this be in fiction, or non-fiction?

Please remember the rules i have just posted above.

Thats the last warning for everyone.

(To answer: there are many stroies that have incorporated use of the editor)

Great work with Wimbledon mate, ignore all the people trying to put you down and **** on your parade, have fun and play FM how you like :)

KIU!

Brilliant! I also play with AFC Wimbledon and I hope someday, I will be as successful as you are.

Hehe thanks, I've been on and off this save for now. I think I need to change tactics soon, maybe in January or at the end of the season because of all my strikers. (4-3-3)

If you look at my signings, they are capable of this. I'm playing with a slightly changed Goals Galore tactic there.

4-3-3 - No wingers

GK - Defend

FB - Support - General CB - General CB - FB - Suppot

Box-To-Box Mid - Ball Winning Midfielder - CM Automatic

Adv. ST - Poacher - Adv. ST

I change the midfield and forward positions to suit my players but I always have a poacher and that is usually my main goalscorer.

I have no idea how to proof this but.. it's your choice as a person to make your own decisions.

PS: I'm just going to take these accuses of cheating as a compliment.

I'm going to test this tactic. What touchline instructions did you use? Any use of corner tactics?

Last edited:
I just got a new computer and my save games have gone with it.

R.Belka, I didn't use a lot of touchline instructions - it always depends on what team you're playing against and what the score is an stuff like that ;) - With the corners I just had a tall player with good jumping and heading attacking far post and corners aimed at the far post. It's usually a defender but when I had Andy Carroll I put him on the far post.

I just got a new computer and my save games have gone with it.

R.Belka, I didn't use a lot of touchline instructions - it always depends on what team you're playing against and what the score is an stuff like that ;) - With the corners I just had a tall player with good jumping and heading attacking far post and corners aimed at the far post. It's usually a defender but when I had Andy Carroll I put him on the far post.

Yeah that method is really effective, I guess he scored a header that way at least once every two games. Some of the poorer defenders can even bag a goal once every 5 games.

Wow, nicely done. Started first with my beloved AFC Dons got an absolute pasting, might have to use this thread as my bible! Top work man.

I read this thread a couple of weeks ago and started my own AFC Wimbledon game, I didn't do as well as you in the FA Cup, but I am in the FA Trophy final and top of the table at the moment and I've already eclipsed your goal record with 12 games left. My team is outrageously good, but I am dragging the club further and further into debt lol

GK - Adam Street
DR - Ben Hoskin
DC - Izzy Iriepken
DC - Martin Camano
DL - Brett Johnson
MC - James Ashmore
MC - Laraudo
MC - Mahoto/King Gyan
ST - Eddi Johnson
ST - Leo Aro
ST - Febian Brandy

Your Goals Galore tactic with the original AFC Wimbledon formation and tweaked instructions works like a dream! I intend to leave if I get a better offer of a bigger club though. My players are being hounded by bigger teams, and like you did I offered them very lucarivte get out clauses if bigger teams came along, so I expect to lose most of these players.

how the **** did you manage to attract such good players into a BSP/L2 side, what is your managers past footballing experience?

Got a save with AFC Wimbledom 8 season in if anyone is intrested?

i have gone afc wimbledon aswell and i am halfway through my first season and the best team i have come across in the cups are oldham and i beat them 3-2 :D but when i started playing earlier today i won every game (about 12) and then it crashed :( I couldn't sign leo aro as he wouldnt budge on his wage demands (8k per week) so i signed phil younghusband -scored 12 goals in the first 8 games but now gets 1 every three so i have started to play saric who i signed on loan for the season- mahoto went to mallorca so i had to sign morfeo.

My problem is that many of my players are old and injury prone or young and complacent, does anyone have a player who is about 24-28 years old who is a cm (doesnt matter what style of play just plays well) who i can sign on a permanent basis?

I can understand with saves, but theirs nothing wrong with saving a lot. I do weeky saves because alot the computer will say
" football manager 2011 has stop responding " because I tab in and out of the game a lot. Don't automatically think just because someone saves alot their cheating. I have 60 saves in one season ( mostly auto save). I don't understand how someone can have 4 saves in 1 season it's stupid and how can you play the game that much that you only save it 4 times??