AFC Wimbledon - My incredible journey through two seasons!

You've just bought a new stadium for your first season in the premiership and the board give you 14m for transfers, that's nice of them.

You've just bought a new stadium for your first season in the premiership and the board give you 14m for transfers, that's nice of them.

They took a bank loan for 16.75M, I got a sponsor that I got about 500K profit from every month on top of wages and stuff. And I was -5M in balance :(

And I've got 192 saves now.

Good to know your cheating well. I would also cheat my way to the Premier League with a small team too as I would love to manage them in the Premier League, then again I'm not a cheat and I although I did cheat in the past, I have cheated on FM11 Demo but not since I got the game fully, nor will I. Back to Back to Back promotions with a Blue Square Premier League side and Europa League in League One just because it wasn't exciting enough.. Nice cheating noob.

It can happen, but you've gone back to back to back promotions and got in the Europa League all in the proceedings aswell as beating big teams... It's all to fake, you've been caught red handed cheating and your probably on about 200 saves now too due to saving and re-loading your games.

You don't even lose many games each season, total your losses up from BSP to EPL and a Premier League sided ending bottom has got that about of losses in one side, so your blatently cheating.

Learn to play the game properly without cheating or don't play it at all.

Good to know your cheating well. I would also cheat my way to the Premier League with a small team too as I would love to manage them in the Premier League, then again I'm not a cheat and I although I did cheat in the past, I have cheated on FM11 Demo but not since I got the game fully, nor will I. Back to Back to Back promotions with a Blue Square Premier League side and Europa League in League One just because it wasn't exciting enough.. Nice cheating noob.

It can happen, but you've gone back to back to back promotions and got in the Europa League all in the proceedings aswell as beating big teams... It's all to fake, you've been caught red handed cheating and your probably on about 200 saves now too due to saving and re-loading your games.

You don't even lose many games each season, total your losses up from BSP to EPL and a Premier League sided ending bottom has got that about of losses in one side, so your blatently cheating.

Learn to play the game properly without cheating or don't play it at all.

LOL! I'm not cheating.. I got bargains every season, made the right match preperations, knew how my players worked and how to motivate them. It's always cheating if someone achieves something for you, right?

This is incredible. 92 saves is a huge amount though so seems suspicious.

I disagree about the saves. I'm part way through my 4th season now in my save and I think I've had around 80 saves. After my game crashing when I was responding to some transfer rumours and losing around 8 played matches, I now save every couple of week or so.

When quitting the game I also save, but sometimes forget if I have so end up saving twice! lol

At the end of the day, if someone wants to save more than other then its their choice. There's no fun in reloading to get the right result, and it would also take forever to complete a season!

Game Status
gamestatus.jpg

By the way I'm not sure if 92 saves are much over 2 seasons and from June-August in season 3 but I save often in the transfer season (save offer players and see how much I can get from them), I save when my computer starts to get slow and FM starts responding slower and freezes sometimes and when I stop playing of course lol.

As I pointed out when i bought this up... 92 saves was after 2 seasons.

46 saves per season, double the amount of saves per season you have (approx 23), and practically one a game.

You can believe I'm cheating but that is not true.. I do not - why would I want to cheat? I've got to say this after every freaking update. I've played this game for about 8 years now. I've had experience with crash dumps and that sucks, so I save alot - I save often, is that forbidden?

I decided to start a game as a BSP club, specifically to try and sign Aro. He wants no less than £10,250 per week, regardless of any favourable release clauses???

yeah, because no noob poster on this forum has ever doctored images/reloaded saves multiple times/blatantly cheat and then posted their "accomplishments" on this forum for instant respect. :S

@Darandio
I'm not sure why, my scout found him and he wanted 5-7K but I managed to get him with a lot of clauses. I just edited this to let you see a screenshot, I made a new save took over AFC Wimbledon first thing I did was trying to offer him a contract - his sell on fee percentage is 10%, also a Non-Promotion release clause of 0.

@Montanaro
If you're accusing me of cheating that is wrong. I don't know what the all the fuzz is about - I did well and I wanted to share it. I've ALWAYS saved loads of time, after my first crash dump when I had to start over from way back.

-

I see I clearly made a mistake posting one of my most amusing saves in FM here, FYI everyone that thinks I'm cheating - why would I want to ruin a fantastic game by cheating and do it for 5-6 seasons AND post it on this forum? That is plain out dumb.

If there is a rule I cannot post an update here without having more than 15 saves per season I am sorry - but I don't have the courage to do so. When I change my tactics - I save, if I don't remember if I saved - I save, when I'm taking FM down to do something else while having FM open - I save, when I win a big team - I save, when I win a cup - I save, I save a lot. Sorry for that.

Last edited:
There is nothing to stop you saving, we have no rules about that. And most people don't care if you cheat either. We have had a few stories where people have made it clear they will be cheating from the start, and members have followed them, i'm not sure why but hey ho.

Of course unless you slip up with a screenshot there isn't any proof but i have my doubts.

Getting Leo Aro in the BSP is questionable, some of the players you have signed since then, coupled with your back to back promotions and 2nd place finish in your first season in the premier league and it becomes laughable.

Last edited:
back to back promotions and 2nd place finish in your first season in the premier league and it becomes laughable.

In FM10 I took Blyth from the BSN to the Premiership, I managed to sit 6 points clear on top of the Prem in Feb on my first season there and subsiquently quit the game to wait for FM11 as I was frankly disapointed that I didnt have to battle !

Not sure on FM11 but i just utterly steam rolled the BSN.

Basically, it can be done without cheating, its down to who you sign and your tactics / changes and also a bit of luck !

I really do not see what the fuss is about this. Why do people have issues with people saving alot. I have my auto save on weekly simply beacuse my laptop likes to crash on me alot and will randomly shut itself down for no reason. I used to save maybe 2 or 3 times a season until I got a crash dump and had to re do the entire season.
I have an AFC Wimbledon save and I have had back to back promotions to league 1. I have beat big teams like Man U and I never save and reload. I do not see the point in paying for something to just cheat. It makes the entire game pointless.
All who think he is cheating, go play AFC Wimbledon and you will see it is very easy to get back to back promotions with them WITHOUT cheating.

As I pointed out before, which was ignored, a lot of people save a lot, myself included.

I save after every single game. Every one. I have been caught out with far too many crash dumps for me not to.

Yet in fairness you would never accuse me of cheating because I only tend to win trophies with big clubs. I am **** with small ones traditionally.

Its not only saves people are questionning, it is signings also, as said, some seem to be too good to be true. I myself won't comment, as you may well have done this legitly, or perhaps not.

I agree with this however. IMO it is a cheat is this game. But then it is his game and no one has the right to have a go at him.

The problem wit hall the saves (i save weekly) is that what is stopping the person from saving before every game, and replaying the big matches when you lose (like in the league cup for instance?????????)

Again, I've seen numerous new members on here do very similar things to the original poster, however in a much less sly approach for fame/infamy.

I don't know what to say about the players.. I just negotiated and exceeded my wage budget and gave them good release clauses, old players often had a minimum release clause of 0.

I agree with you Montanaro there is no telling if someone saves and reloads but that is low, I guess it's just a matter of what you think the person is capable of. And if I win cups, the reputation of my club must go up right? That might explain why some of those players were willing to join my club.

I have no idea why you think this is a cheat, make a save with Wimbledon and try to approach Léo Aro with the same wages and clauses I gave him. He's going to agree - maybe he'll decide to join another club. That is a matter of luck. I guess I got lucky, I sometimes spend a lot of time searching for free transfers when it comes to the day the contract of players end. I shortlist the players I want to try and approach after their contract expires in January, most of the times they aren't willing to enter discussions with the club, but when they aren't contracted to any club and little to no interest from other clubs he might be more willing to join.
I'll take Frank Lampard as an example. I saw his contract was going to end in June when I checked for English based players, he was running out of his contract so I shortlisted him and automatically subscribed to him. I tried to offer him a contract every week/month and he never wanted to enter discussions with me, when he had been out of contract for 6 months he was willing to talk to me, because this was a key signing the board was willing to let me offer him a good contract and exceed my wage budget (you guys have probably experienced that) and he accepted the 6 month long contract. At the end of the season I got promoted and won the LC and he accepted a new contract.

So often I didn't get my preferred players, I just tried to get the players I wanted. My squad slowly got smaller because of the wages of certain players and I was trying to get rid of the "junk" players.

I'm not playing this save much at the moment but I can tell you that in late September I'm sitting in 14th place with 2 victories. That is why I'll probably need to change tactics soon. Every season I had Match Preparation from July to at least September in very high with team blend, then I changed from team blend to attacking movement and set it to average/high and it stayed that way until the next pre-season.

Finances, cup competition success and always winning the league are suspicious. It's not one success, or one event, but the whole picture.