Reaction score
2nd June 2012

Decision Time For Roman......Di Matteo Is Fired!!!

images

Roman Abramovich, chairman of Chelsea FC, has decided to fire Roberto Di Matteo, and not offer him a full contract. Is a return on the cards for Jose Mourinho, will Guus Hiddink get his chance, or even a shocking return for Carlo Ancelotti? Thes 3 are the favourites, but who will get the job?

My Point Of View

So, I have an extremely tough decision ahead of me. After amazing successes at Victory, Heart and Roar, I was planning to go to Europe and get a good job there, but in the last second I get offered the job to become the manager of Australia. I was either going to be fully commited to Europe, or Australia, what a decision. As I search through the jobs in Europe none interest me that much, except one, and that one could be it!

But was it possible, to go to London and try to get the Chelsea joib, to reject the job of my dreams to get a chance at the job of, well, my dreams! My friends have always said to trive for further glory, surely this is too much though.
I've got to talk this over to my agent, so Ill ring him

"Hello"
"Hey Nick, I need to get your opinion on something"
"What"
"You would of heard of the Chelsea job being available, and I wan to know"
"Liam, I know where your going with this, I rejected Australia and got a ticket to London for you, the flights in 4 hours, bye"
"Nick, what the ****, this is my career, Nick, dont hang up on me, Nick!!"

I guess I'm going all or nothing then, Chelsea here I come!

Im On My Way!

I can not believe it, I sorta just rejected the post of my national team and now, now Im on a plane to shock Mr.Abramovich with an application, he probably has someone i London now, what am I doing!

*ring ring*

"Hello"
"Hey mate, its Nick"
"Nick, you are so dead, I"
"Liam, you just dont believe in yourself, believe that your going to get any job you apply for, its yours"
"I guess the past is the past, ok man, whatever you say, see ya"
"Hold on my man, I called for a reason. There are rumours that Mourinho was in London, but dont believe that, just wanted to give you a heads up"
"I believe in myself, I do, if Mourinhos there Ill throw him through the wall and get that job, whatever it takes!"
"Thats the spirit, call you later"

After that call, nothing was going to bring me down, nothing. Abramovichs office is in the bridge, Nick told me where it is in there, I'm sure I can get past the receptionist.

(8 hours later)

I made it, Im next to Stamford Bridge, ready to become the next manager, this is the life baby, yeah! I AM going to get this job,

"Hi there, Im looking for Mr.Abramovich, I want to apply for a certain position available"
"Ill tell Mr.Abramovich, hi Mr Abramovich, there a man here to see about a job application......his off ice is to your right go in when your ready"

My time to shine, my moment has arrived. Im shocked the Roman let m in so easily, but eh, his got security there, what could go wrong?

"Mr.Abramovich, I am interested in the role of"
"Hi son, now there is a high demand to work at Stamford Bridge, and for this role personality means everything. Whats your name son?"
"Liam sir, Liam Drury."
"You seem like a bright Australian lad Liam, now tell me why do you want to be a cashier here at Chelsea?"
"Sorry to have you mistaken Mr.Abramovich, but I was more interested in a bigger role, the role of manager."
"Kid are there cameras hidden or something, Ive got a big name coming in an hour and"
"Sorry to interrupt you Mr.Abramovich, but I am one of the biggest prospects in management in the world, I have had various roles back in Australia and succeeded in all of them."
"Okay then, Bruce could you please type in Liam Drury and see who he is"
"Roman, this kid isn't lying, hes had 4 titles in 7 seasons in Australia, and apparently rebuilt all of those squads, Liams serious Roman"
"Impressive Ill give you that, but the man that is coming soon said he'll bring a lot of his successful squad over here, you cant bring that Liam"
"Please Roman, this isn't Real Chelid, this is Chelsea Football Club, a club that need rebuilding with young talent, something I have proven I can bring to clubs, successful rebuilding!"
"Roman, I love the drive of this kid, I want him!"
"Heres a shortlist of targets I made on the plane here, check it out."
"Bruce, I agree, heres a 2 year deal Liam, we'll sort everything out tomorrow with budgets and squads and stuff, goodbye and congratulation Liam!"

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHOCK!

Okay, Ill admit, I havent followed Europeon football in awhile, including last season, when Chelsea finished on the same amount of points as Stoke but finished 5th on goal difference, which meant ****** Europa League! This team needs a change, this off season.

First Tactics, a 4-2-3-1 which would have roaming and control, that simple! Only staff change for now is that Neil Bath is new assistant and Steve Holland is gone. and now heres my shortlist:

Milos Krasic
Nene
Nathan Redmond
Martin Montoya
Maroune Fellaini
Leandro Damiao
Edinson Cavani
Axel Witsel
Tomas Necid
Fortounis
Sergi Roberto
Rafinha
Deulofeu

Long shortlist, but obviously we will only buy a couple, and there will be a lot of sales. These are the people leaving:

Didier Drogba
John Obi Mikel
Florent Malouda
'Saloman Kalou
Fernando Torres
Jose Bosingwa
Paulo Ferreira
Yossi Benayoun

Once my transfers get into full swing, well then, then Ill have a squad!

First Boardroom Meeting

I come into my first boardroom meeting with Roman with intent, I want the most budget possible, the best upgrades possible, and the most staff possible!

"Welcome Liam, glad to see you know where everything is, today budgets will be sorted out and you can discuss anything you want basically."
"Ive got 4 enquiries, wewill start with budget since thats the main point of the meeting."
"Okay Liam, your budgets are non negotiable, for a title challenge you have 61m to spend on transfers and 400k left in wages."
"With some sales that is enough to rebuild, now I want to discuss the facilities."
"Liam our recent managers have asked us this, we're not building a new stadium."
"No Roman, I want a brighter future with better youth facilties, to develop our own youth."
"Thats a great idea Liam, we'll start working on it soon."
"Thanks Roman, I also want a feeder club and a better transfer revenue though."
"Revenue is now 100%, but we dont need a feeder club, we've got enough already and I would rather our players go to as many different clubs as possible, so they're not always together and sad when one leaves."
"I get your point, I'll see you soon sir."

61m, with sales that will be massive!

The Heartbreak

Today was a very, very tough day, the day where I had to tell players the will be sold and they dont have a future. Possibly the worst day of the year. But it has to be done, and I'm not just throwing it on the assistant.

So one by one the players came in, and to look in their eyes as I told them there not aprt of my plans, was just depressing. The hardest players to see go were loyal servents, Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba, and the man that just couldn't do it, Fernando Torres. But to end the day, i got to give some good news, to the youngsters promoted to the first team. They were Lucas Piazon, Gael Kakuta, Kevin De Bruyne, Todd Kane, Oriol Romeu, Nathan Ake, Jeffrey Bruma, Nathaniel Chalobah, Ben Gordon and Patrick van Aanholt. A big bunch that will get therew chance, I brought them all in together and told them, they looked happy but not ecstatic like I thought they would be. But I heard them going crazy in the hallway, tring to act proffesional infront of the manager?

Almost forgot, to late to call them in, I'll text them. I texted Ryan Bertrand, Thibaurt Courtois, Jamal Blackman, Amin Affane, John Swift and Lewis Baker that they will all get loans next season and have bright futures in the squad. Cant wait to get the scout reports on there matches!

Now to sort out the transfers coming in!

Scout Reports

As I try to find clubs for the transfer listed players of my team, I get a big e-mail with the scouting reports of the shortlisted players form Piet De Visser who I told to look at the players, WHAT A LAD! Hers run down on what he said

Milos Krasic - Classy player whos hitting his prime, would cost 15m probably. Great attributes in the places needed except he's a little selfish.

Nene - Has great dribbling, shooting and crossing but lacks a lot of other key aspects, he would also cost 20-25m, I say no way! Instead go for Diego Perotti, his what we're missing on the left wing.

Nathan Redmond. The kid has potential, if he becomes a better shooter in years a mear 4m which would be needed could be a bargain.

Axel Witsel- No bad, but this man that you asked me to do a report on is cheaper and better!

Maraoune Fellaini - Work rate and teamwork really stick out, 13m may get him as well, a must!

Gerard Deulofeu - Good job to put him on your short ****, immense potential, he wont leave Barca yet. Maybe another time when he realises he wont get a chance.

Sergi Roberto - Same as Gerard, although this guy doesn't have as much potential.

Rafinha - Another man that wont come, keep an eye on him though.

Tomas Necid - Still unsure on him, but with probably only 5m needed, a risk should be taken.

Leandro Damiao - Could be the future of Chelsea Football Club, 30m may have to be paid though.

Edinson Cavani - Hard to seperate Edinson and Leandro, Edinson older and more expeirienced, but Damiao can still improve a little and will cost 10m less.

Martin Montoya - Could definetly have a bright future with us, you can give him a pre-contract now so go go go!

Offers have been made, only responses to go.

Time To Meet The Media!

Journalist = Red Me = Blue

G'day Mr.Drury you must be delighted to be here. Do you feel any pressure though since you had so much success in Australia?

G'day mate, presure will always be in football, but theres no more pressure then normal. Sure its a massive job but I wouldnt come here without Roman even knowing i I wasent confident.

Your facillities a great Mr.Drury arent they, will that help you?

Obviously, but if we dont work as hard as we can and use thm to full effewct, there absolutely useless,, but I wont let them be useless.

Are you a manager to give your players a chance before you sell them or do you already know whos leaving?

Normally I wouldnt just sell them, I would usually give them a chance, but I know this club very well and I know whos in my plans.

Do you trust your players as people, or are you more open?

There is trust needed, these people are valued as people, that doesn't mean I wont talk to them, I want my players to like me, not be scared of me.

There ae a lot of rumours circulating that Branislav Ivanovic will leave, your thoughts?

Branislav is staying, no doubt about it. He is a massive part of this squad.

Last question Liam, whats your style of playing?

I would say its very balanced, very fluid and quick passing. Thank you!

That went well, held my nerves and can now focus on the transfer market.

The First Transfer Offers Recieved

Got a couple offers today through e-mail:

Yossi Benayoun - Rejected the offer from Everton causer there in same league, accepted offers from Marseille and Lyon for 3.8m

Jamal Blackman - Got and accepted 3 month loan offers for him from championship clubs, Birmingham, Barnsley, Bristol City, Burnley and Portsmouth.

Jose Bosingwa - Although Bosingwa can be signed for free with a pre contract, Everton and Stoke have offered 2.2m for him, lol.

Didier Drogba - I accepted an offer from Bayern for 5m spread over 48 months, so sad, hard to respond to say yes.

Florent Malouda - I accepted an offer from Lille, which was 1.1m straight away and 4.5m spread over 24 months.

Frank Lampard - Man City offered 15.5m for him, even though there rivals, I just couldn't say no, Im rebuilding my ultimnate team and Lampards not apart of that, so goodbye :(

Offers Made

I have made my first transfer offers, although I will most likely go for more people and negotiate these, the transfers have started!

Edinson Cavani - 25m - I will have to pay more, I know, but I want to negotiate for every pound. I did pick Edinson over Damiao, he has proved his finishig in Europe.

Marouane Fellaini - 13m - Even though this is what De Visser said, I think I'll need more to get this beast. But I will get him, oh, i will.

Milos Krasic - 14m - If this is enough to get this expeirienced winger, I will be delighted!

Martin Montoya - pre-contract - What a man to get on a free, this is awesome!

Tomas Necid - 5m - Tomas has a bright future, and at 22, he is old enough to start and improve a lot, and only for 5m.

Diego Perotti - 5m - Aparrently this guys cheap, I have no idea how though. Near perfect stats and attributes.

Nathan Redmond - 3.5m - Nathan is versatile, can play in both wings, English and can learn off Krasic and Perotti, so I would love him for 3.5m.

Bill Smith - 25k - He is unknown, but in Australia, he has a bright future. I want to be the person to develop the next starting striker of Australia, and only for 25k.

Transfer Roundup

Step one complete, I have completed my transfers well before pre season starts and and I am over the moon with the deals done. Squad revolution has started, smart management and full bacing from Roman and we could be the new Barcelona!

Transfers Out:

Paulo Ferreira - Free Agent - 0
Jamal Blackman - Birmingham - Loan
Frank Lampard - Man City - 15.5m
Florent Malouda - Lille - 5.75m
Yossi Benayoun - Marseille - 3.8m
Saloman Kalou - Marseille - 10m
Didier Drogba - PSG - 4.3m
John Obi Mikel - Lyon - Loan fee 2.9m
Ross Turnbull - Liverpool - 1.8m
Patrick van Aanholt - Nottm Forest - loan
Fernando Torres - Dortmund - 15m

Transfers In:

Diego Perotti - Sevilla - 6.25m
Nathan Redmond - Birmingham - 5.5m
Marouane Fellaini - Everton - 19.25m
Milos Krasic - Juventus - 19.5m
Alvaro Negredo - Sevilla - 26m
Luuk De Jong - Twente - 12.5m
Marc Albrighton - Aston Villa - 7.5m
Martin Montoya - Barcelona - 0

Now I have 3 worthy players in every position:

GK: Petr Cech/Hilario/Rhys Taylor
DL: Ashley Cole/Ryan Bertrand/Ben Gordon
DC: John Terry/David Luiz/Gary Cahill/Jeffrey Bruma/Nathan Ake/Tomas Kalas
DR: Branislav Ivanovic/Martin Montoya/Todd Kane
BWM: Michael Essien/Oriol Romeu/Nathaniel Chalobah
DLP: Maraoune Fellaini/Ramires/Raul Meireles
AML: Diego Perotti/Kevin De Bruyne/Nathan Redmond
AMC: Juan Mata/Gael Kakuta/Lucas Piazon
AMR: Milos Krasic/Marc Albrighton/Daniel Sturridge
ST:Alvaro Negredo/Luuk De Jong/Romelu Lukaku

Hopefully I can still make more loans, but my first team is looking awesome!