Aguero wants to leave Atletico

No they wouldn't...
Don't you know anything about tactics? Torres and Aguero would not gel together, they are too alike. You need Drogba and Aguero/Torres to make it work better, as you cannot really play 2 poachers. Winning isn't just about who have the best players, y'know!

Aguero isn't a Poacher. He likes to drop deep and run at defenders. Like Rooney, but without the passing range.

I suggest you read the statement he released. He also said he's one of the highest paid players in World football and it's not about money or he'd stay. He just wants a new challenge and a chance to reach his full potential and win trophies.

Ive read the statement and yes he says thats why he's leaving but lets be honest if he goes to Man City or Chelsea or even Real Madrid he's going to earn more money and be perhaps the best paid player in the world. I may very well want a new challenge and chance to reach his full potential but don't give this rubbish that money isn't a factor because I'm not buying it. Why sign a new deal at the club and give this false hope to the Atletico fans about his love for the club when he knew all a long he was going in the summer, he said he loved the club and thats why he signed the deal but now he's saying its because he wants a bigger transfer fee? That will give him more money as well as the club, hes human of course he's going to try and get as much money as he can for himself and if in turn that gives the club more money then great but don't say that money isnt a factor when it clearly is. A real kick in the teeth for Atletico would be for him to sign for Real Madrid then lets hear him say he loves the club. He's just the same as Torres saying he loves the club or Rooney and his stupid situation before January.

No they wouldn't...
Don't you know anything about tactics? Torres and Aguero would not gel together, they are too alike. You need Drogba and Aguero/Torres to make it work better, as you cannot really play 2 poachers. Winning isn't just about who have the best players, y'know!

Don't you know that all Chelsea's new manager has to do is to click on Team Blend in the match prep menu?

No they wouldn't...

Torres loves playing on the last man and aguero plays deep so, yer it could work so stop getting knickers in a twist.

Last edited:
Ive read the statement and yes he says thats why he's leaving but lets be honest if he goes to Man City or Chelsea or even Real Madrid he's going to earn more money and be perhaps the best paid player in the world. I may very well want a new challenge and chance to reach his full potential but don't give this rubbish that money isn't a factor because I'm not buying it. Why sign a new deal at the club and give this false hope to the Atletico fans about his love for the club when he knew all a long he was going in the summer, he said he loved the club and thats why he signed the deal but now he's saying its because he wants a bigger transfer fee? That will give him more money as well as the club, hes human of course he's going to try and get as much money as he can for himself and if in turn that gives the club more money then great but don't say that money isnt a factor when it clearly is. A real kick in the teeth for Atletico would be for him to sign for Real Madrid then lets hear him say he loves the club. He's just the same as Torres saying he loves the club or Rooney and his stupid situation before January.

Yay, another armchair "general manager"

I'm sure At madrid management is so stupid that they would sell him to Real Madrid...
and I'm sure they are too stupid to realize they are giving their fans "false hope"

FFS, stop your naive whining.

He told the owners in January he wanted to leave. They said to him, sign this contract with better wages and a lower release clause and stay until the summer at least then decide again. He did that, and now is saying that he wants to carry on with his career away from the stadium but he did everything the club asked of him.

101 goals in 5 years at the club is an insane record, especially considering he signed as an 18 year old from Argentina. He's given his all for the club and now wants a new challenge. He won't go to Real Madrid after saying what he said to the fans (besides, Atletico have said they won't entertain offers for him from them no matter what).

If he goes to Chelsea, it's because they can win trophies. If he goes to City, it's because they are going to win trophies for a long time now with their billions and squad and he'd be guaranteed first team football. Not every footballer is motivated solely by money you know...

Yay, another armchair "general manager"

I'm sure At madrid management is so stupid that they would sell him to Real Madrid...
and I'm sure they are too stupid to realize they are giving their fans "false hope"

FFS, stop your naive whining.

I'm not whining, this is a forum and I'm giving my opinion just like everybody else is. He's a fantastic player, but I disagree with what he's said, I have no problem personally where he goes I hope he comes to the Premier League. what I have a problem with is the fact that in my opinion he's not giving the real reason why he's going.

Well apparently they are being given a lot of money to spend in the summer and Aguero is one of their targets.

Problem is they aren't very good right now and I don't see why he'd leave Atletico for a team that isn't playing in the Champions League next season. I forgot to mention Chelsea in my post, I could see him going there. It's definitely going to be ManCity or Chelsea, which is a shame, and I could see him getting buried on the bench in either of those places due to the amount of options they have, and he'll be turned into a Tevez-style workhorse. I'm just praying that AC Milan picks him up.

Aguero isn't a Poacher. He likes to drop deep and run at defenders. Like Rooney, but without the passing range.

He doesn't have Rooney's shooting range but he does have his passing range and more skill.

How much of a shock would it be if he joined his father in law in the UAE on like 600k a week or something stupid...You never know with footballers these days.

Most likely destination will be Chelsea and their summer rebuild, he took Atletico as far as they were going to go and this seasons poor start means no Champs League football for Kun so he inevitably has to leave somewhere. I do hear Abu Dhabi is lovely this time of year...

Problem is they aren't very good right now and I don't see why he'd leave Atletico for a team that isn't playing in the Champions League next season. I forgot to mention Chelsea in my post, I could see him going there. It's definitely going to be ManCity or Chelsea, which is a shame, and I could see him getting buried on the bench in either of those places due to the amount of options they have, and he'll be turned into a Tevez-style workhorse. I'm just praying that AC Milan picks him up.

He doesn't have Rooney's shooting range but he does have his passing range and more skill.

he doesnt have rooneys passing range, he doesnt switch the ball across the flanks anywhere near the way rooney does, rooney is better at short range passing and considerably better at long range passing. He is a better dribbler though

I'm not whining, this is a forum and I'm giving my opinion just like everybody else is. He's a fantastic player, but I disagree with what he's said, I have no problem personally where he goes I hope he comes to the Premier League. what I have a problem with is the fact that in my opinion he's not giving the real reason why he's going.

And that opinion is wrong. Not only is his contract at Atletico for an insane amount of money, they'd pay him even more if he asked for it. Whatever signing bonus he gets will only be a drop in the bucket of what he earns in the long term. This clearly isn't a move for money it's a move for trophies, just as he said. He'll never win any at Atletico, unfortunately, so he's leaving.

And no way in **** is he going to Real Madrid, he's said he wouldn't be a traitor many times.

Berbatov or Drogba replacement?

According to The Sun, Berbatov has comitted his future to United, albeit in the form of his word rather than a contract.

Drogba's replacement will be Lukaku I reckon, as *Paul* says, Torres & Aguero wouldn't gel together.

Personally, I think he'll end up at City, which would just be awful. If he is to move to England, if it's not for United, then I'd only want him to join Spurs. Some players you just want to see in the Premiership, Suarez for example, I can handle that. Aguero in a City, Pool or Chelsea shirt though? I'd throw up.

I don't think he'll join Real, then again, I was adamant that he wouldn't be leaving this summer so I don't know. Hopefully, Inter, Juventus or Roma will sign him. ****, who says Bayern won't sign him? I just hope he makes the right choice.

If he goes Chelsea he will start but will probably be on the wings unless we change our shape and I can't see why we would.

If he goes Chelsea he will start but will probably be on the wings unless we change our shape and I can't see why we would.

I don't think it's a good move for either party. Aguero is a striker and not a winger. Chelsea desperately needs naturally wingers, not strikers playing on the wing (such as Anelka). Which is why I'll be depressed if he ends up there. If he goes to ManCity I could see him getting stuck behind Balotelli, Dzeko, even Adebayor...he's better than all of those guys but all of them are better suited to the Prem and ManCity's and Mancini's style.

Really, really hoping he goes to Barca or Milan. I'd be absolutely thrilled if he went to Barca and I actually think he would put Villa on the bench but from what I hear they're going for Rossi, who's cheaper (what a terrible move, means they're spending 30 million on a bench player or putting Villa, who they spent 30 million on last summer, on the bench, Roselle is a complete idiot).

I really hope Berlusconi can do one decent thing and sign him. He promised fans "presents" and Aguero would be amazing.

I don't think it's a good move for either party. Aguero is a striker and not a winger. Chelsea desperately needs naturally wingers, not strikers playing on the wing (such as Anelka). Which is why I'll be depressed if he ends up there. If he goes to ManCity I could see him getting stuck behind Balotelli, Dzeko, even Adebayor...he's better than all of those guys but all of them are better suited to the Prem and ManCity's and Mancini's style.

Really, really hoping he goes to Barca or Milan. I'd be absolutely thrilled if he went to Barca and I actually think he would put Villa on the bench but from what I hear they're going for Rossi, who's cheaper (what a terrible move, means they're spending 30 million on a bench player or putting Villa, who they spent 30 million on last summer, on the bench, Roselle is a complete idiot).

I'd love Aguero, but I agree. I would say we should buy Aguero and change to 2 up, but I can't see it working. Chelsea are known for their 4-3-3 formation and everyone at Chelsea loves it.

I think it's more likely that Pedro will be benched, and Barca's front 3 (from left flank to right) will be Villa - Messi - Rossi.

I really hope Berlusconi can do one decent thing and sign him. He promised fans "presents" and Aguero would be amazing.

Can't see it happening. Pato, Zlatan, Robinho & Cassano...they're pretty much set for the next 3 years.

I think it's more likely that Pedro will be benched, and Barca's front 3 (from left flank to right) will be Villa - Messi - Rossi.

You're probably right but it's idiotic considering that Pedro has been better than Villa this season and fits into their system better. There is no reason on earth he should be benched and no reason they should spend 30 million on a guy who probably won't fit into the system that well so they can hinder the development of Pedro, Bojan, Jeffren, and Afellay. Absolute lunacy. Barca is so well-run in so many ways but I don't know who has been in charge of transfers the past few seasons. Whoever is making these decisions is a complete buffoon. Anyway, if they do decide to buy another attacking player, than I really hope it's Kun and not Rossi.

Can't see it happening. Pato, Zlatan, Robinho & Cassano...they're pretty much set for the next 3 years.

Yeah, you're right.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Villarreal doesn't budge on Rossi and that Barca goes for Aguero instead. It looks like it'll be ManCity or Chelsea for sure. The thing is what if Tevez stays at ManCity...that means they'd have 3 strikers that they've spent tons of money on (two in the past season, and the other is their captain) as well as Adam Johnson and Adebayor and Jo on loan. What if they do the smart thing and actually not buy another striker? And what if Chelsea decides that they're staying with the 4-3-3 and that it would be silly to spend 40 million on a back-up? That means that no team that could afford him would want him. If that happens, will he stay at Atletico Madrid? Or would he actually leave them for Real Madrid (and what if they didn't want him since they have plenty of options up front)? Would be very interested. I'd love to see him stay at Atletico.

You're probably right but it's idiotic considering that Pedro has been better than Villa this season and fits into their system better. There is no reason on earth he should be benched and no reason they should spend 30 million on a guy who probably won't fit into the system that well so they can hinder the development of Pedro, Bojan, Jeffren, and Afellay. Absolute lunacy. Barca is so well-run in so many ways but I don't know who has been in charge of transfers the past few seasons. Whoever is making these decisions is a complete buffoon. Anyway, if they do decide to buy another attacking player, than I really hope it's Kun and not Rossi.

Yeah, you're right.

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Villarreal doesn't budge on Rossi and that Barca goes for Aguero instead. It looks like it'll be ManCity or Chelsea for sure. The thing is what if Tevez stays at ManCity...that means they'd have 3 strikers that they've spent tons of money on (two in the past season, and the other is their captain) as well as Adam Johnson and Adebayor and Jo on loan. What if they do the smart thing and actually not buy another striker? And what if Chelsea decides that they're staying with the 4-3-3 and that it would be silly to spend 40 million on a back-up? That means that no team that could afford him would want him. If that happens, will he stay at Atletico Madrid? Or would he actually leave them for Real Madrid (and what if they didn't want him since they have plenty of options up front)? Would be very interested. I'd love to see him stay at Atletico.

A team will make room for a player like him. You don't just not sign a player like Kun Aguero if you have the opportunity.