Aguero wants to leave Atletico

Can't see it happening. Pato, Zlatan, Robinho & Cassano...they're pretty much set for the next 3 years.

Zlatan is no done deal. And Berlusconi wants to bring another CL victory to Milan.

A team will make room for a player like him. You don't just not sign a player like Kun Aguero if you have the opportunity.

I agree, but if you're ManCity, Chelsea, or AC Milan, are you going to spend 40 million on a back-up? Barca decided they wanted Rossi instead...that only leaves Real Madrid, who I don't think he'd go to. What other team on the planet could afford him? The only other teams out there that could afford him are Inter, Bayern, and Roma. Roma isn't going to be in the Champions League next year and aren't any better than Atletico so I couldn't see him going there. That leaves Inter and Bayern...are either interested?

Let's not forget that his release clause is 40 million. That was his price when he signed it months ago, that's his price now, and he will always be that price unless he signs another contract. So it's not like teams have to get him now, the opportunity just hasn't come up, he could be bought at any time for 40 million. The thing is if no team offers that much, will he protest and try to get Atletico to sell him for less? He picked a bad time; as great as he is (could play in any starting XI in the world except for maybe Real Madrid, if they wanted to keep their 4-5-1 that is) none of the top teams have good use for him at the moment. But what I'm sure will happen is that ManCity or Chelsea will buy him, and the former would bench him (especially if Tevez is there) while the latter would play him out of position. Honestly he should stay at Atletico Madrid, you don't absolutely have to be in the Champions League to continue developing. He should try to help get them a top 4 finish next season, and if they don't, evaluate his options then.

Zlatan is no done deal. And Berlusconi wants to bring another CL victory to Milan.

I'd be extremely suprised if Milan were to pass on the option to sign him permanently...and Milan can challenge for the CL with Ganso & a few back-up players in midfield + defence.

I agree, but if you're ManCity, Chelsea, or AC Milan, are you going to spend 40 million on a back-up? Barca decided they wanted Rossi instead...that only leaves Real Madrid, who I don't think he'd go to. What other team on the planet could afford him? The only other teams out there that could afford him are Inter, Bayern, and Roma. Roma isn't going to be in the Champions League next year and aren't any better than Atletico so I couldn't see him going there. That leaves Inter and Bayern...are either interested?

Let's not forget that his release clause is 40 million. That was his price when he signed it months ago, that's his price now, and he will always be that price unless he signs another contract. So it's not like teams have to get him now, the opportunity just hasn't come up, he could be bought at any time for 40 million. The thing is if no team offers that much, will he protest and try to get Atletico to sell him for less? He picked a bad time; as great as he is (could play in any starting XI in the world except for maybe Real Madrid, if they wanted to keep their 4-5-1 that is) none of the top teams have good use for him at the moment. But what I'm sure will happen is that ManCity or Chelsea will buy him, and the former would bench him (especially if Tevez is there) while the latter would play him out of position. Honestly he should stay at Atletico Madrid, you don't absolutely have to be in the Champions League to continue developing. He should try to help get them a top 4 finish next season, and if they don't, evaluate his options then.

United, Liverpool and Arsenal can afford him. It's whether they are willing to pay £40M for a player they don't actually need. Ferguson is unlikely to do so. Wenger almost certainly won't. Kenny may,he but after Carroll and Suarez it's unlikely he will. But if there was any serious interest from any of the clubs mentioned already - they would move someone out for him or drop someone for him.

City, Chelsea, or Madrid.

My bet would be on the former as a direct replacement for Tevez. Madrid and Atletico are fierce rivals so they would be reluctant to sell to them, and if I was a player I wouldn't want to go to a club with no manager at the moment.

City for me.

Aguero will not join Real Madrid. The rivalry is far too intense.

Ive read the statement and yes he says thats why he's leaving but lets be honest if he goes to Man City or Chelsea or even Real Madrid he's going to earn more money and be perhaps the best paid player in the world. I may very well want a new challenge and chance to reach his full potential but don't give this rubbish that money isn't a factor because I'm not buying it. Why sign a new deal at the club and give this false hope to the Atletico fans about his love for the club when he knew all a long he was going in the summer, he said he loved the club and thats why he signed the deal but now he's saying its because he wants a bigger transfer fee? That will give him more money as well as the club, hes human of course he's going to try and get as much money as he can for himself and if in turn that gives the club more money then great but don't say that money isnt a factor when it clearly is. A real kick in the teeth for Atletico would be for him to sign for Real Madrid then lets hear him say he loves the club. He's just the same as Torres saying he loves the club or Rooney and his stupid situation before January.

How does a bigger transfer fee equate to a larger signing on fee? Look at players like Chamakh who see out their contract, enabling them to move on a free transfer and pull in huge signing on fees and agent fees. Also, didn't the contract he signed in January lower his minimum fee release clause? They surely won't allow him to leave for less than that agreed value.

I can see him replacing Tevez, but I'd prefer to see him join Chelsea in truth. I think a Torres / Aguero partnership could work well, and Chelsea need to have the option to change formation. A 4-2-3-1 would suit their squad if they were able to bring in a quality right winger, with Aguero in the hole supplying Torres. Aguero is also versatile enough to play in a wide position when needed. I disagree with Curtis though, I think he'd be the main man at City if he went there. Tevez looks certain to leave.

How does a bigger transfer fee equate to a larger signing on fee? Look at players like Chamakh who see out their contract, enabling them to move on a free transfer and pull in huge signing on fees and agent fees. Also, didn't the contract he signed in January lower his minimum fee release clause? They surely won't allow him to leave for less than that agreed value.

I can see him replacing Tevez, but I'd prefer to see him join Chelsea in truth. I think a Torres / Aguero partnership could work well, and Chelsea need to have the option to change formation. A 4-2-3-1 would suit their squad if they were able to bring in a quality right winger, with Aguero in the hole supplying Torres. Aguero is also versatile enough to play in a wide position when needed. I disagree with Curtis though, I think he'd be the main man at City if he went there. Tevez looks certain to leave.

He'll most likely go to ManCity, especially if Tevez leaves. I think he's much, much better than Balotelli and Dzeko but I'm not sure who Mancini would play. It is stupid though. They spent so much money on Balotelli and Dzeko and then one year later they spend 40 million on another striker, when they only play with one up top? The whole thing is ridiculous. And he's going to be turned into the exact type of player that Tevez is, what a shame. I am praying he ends up at Barca or Milan somehow, but I'm sure it will be ManCity, or maybe Chelsea.

Aguero will not join Real Madrid. The rivalry is far too intense.

Parts of the Spanish press are reporting that Aguero will be announced as a Real Madrid player on Saturday....to take the limelight away from the CL Final. Found it quite laughable myself. I did chuckle

Atletico board released statement saying they wont sell him and he is under contract and should respect it. Not sure what they want to do by keeping the player who wants to leave. Aguero would give 110% even if he stays, but for all that he has done for them, they should allow him to leave.

Inter have Eto'o and Pazzini who are scoring for fun.

I think it would be for either Madrid, Juventus or City.

Where would Spurs be in the table if they brought him in on the final day? :(

It's more likely to finish at real Madrid, it seems.

I think this is a clear two-horse race between City and Chelsea although I hope Chelsea sign him as he seems like the player who can build a partnership with Torres and is very versatile

City have far 2 many strikers at the moment in Tevez, Dzeko and Balotelli and although rumours keep circulating that Tevez wans to leave, Mancini keeps saying he wants Tevez to stay and if that happens then Kun will not join City

Arsenal can afford him but i do not see Wenger shelling out atleast 30m to do so, Liverpool have a chance but they are not in the CL or Europa League next season and CL football at Pool is not guarnteed next season, while at Chelsea and City their is a huge probability that he will atleast play in one of Europe's premiere competitions every season

Man Utd wont buy him, they do not need him really while Juventus like Pool are not in the CL or Europa League

Cant see him going to Real Madrid, I am sure he has enough loyalty to not consider that move and I hear that Atletico Madrid wont even speak to RM about the deal

AC Milan have far 2 many strikers in IBRA, Cassano and Robinho, hardly see him going there

So that leaves Chelsea, City (maybe) and Tottenham

In my biased opinion he will go to Chelsea where he will certainly be promised loads of opportunities to develop :)

Wow...not sure why Ujfalusi would say this if it weren't true...on the one hand, I want him to stay in La Liga. On the other hand, it would be a bad career move. Real Madrid plays a 4-5-1, I don't see him as a good lone striker and I have a feeling he'd sit on the bench behind Higuain. And there's the whole ethical aspect...not only is he joining their big rival, he publicly said many times he wouldn't join Real Madrid. Having said that, maybe Real Madrid is the only team that'll buy him. Both Milan teams have enough strikers, ManCity at the moment has 3 (4 including Adebayor) yet play with only one up top, and Chelsea might decide they're sticking with the 4-3-3 and would rather have natural wingers. Juve isn't a Champions League team and probably don't have the money. Arsenal obviously can't afford him (and won't want to switch to a 4-4-2), and Liverpool already has Suarez and Carroll. The only team left is Real Madrid. Honestly Kun should stick with Atletico for one more year and then see what his options are...none of the big teams really need a striker at the moment, as great as he is.