Jean-Luc

Reaction score
Why is it the AI almost always takes their CCC? It's extremely rare I'll have 1 CCC and score it. Yet it happens 8/10 matches for the AI

This is a match I played against the CPU (I'm Portsmouth). I very very rarely have a match like west brom had, literally like once a season if that. Yet it happens against me 5+ times a season
View attachment 369024

Last edited:
It's been said numerous times and I guess it needs repeating, but the ME cannot differentiate between human and AI.

Was this a one-off game or is it happening regularly? One-off games happen. If you're regularly finding that the AI is more efficient than you, you're either not doing well enough up front or you're too open at the back. It's quite possible to fix this with tactical adjustments, but there may be other factors too. If it's happening regularly, I would suggest that it's tactical. A one-off could be down to striker inconsistency, complacency or not handling pressure or big games well.

It's been said numerous times and I guess it needs repeating, but the ME cannot differentiate between human and AI.

Was this a one-off game or is it happening regularly? One-off games happen. If you're regularly finding that the AI is more efficient than you, you're either not doing well enough up front or you're too open at the back. It's quite possible to fix this with tactical adjustments, but there may be other factors too. If it's happening regularly, I would suggest that it's tactical. A one-off could be down to striker inconsistency, complacency or not handling pressure or big games well.

People say this all the time.

It's happened on every save on every football manager I've ever played. Even when I've had strikers with amazing stats. Even when on FM09 I used FMRTE to give all my players 20s in every stats.

This is a game I've just played, not as bad as the other one but still View attachment 369023

Apart from the AF, who is going to score in that tactic?

Another thing, have you watched the CCCs back to see whether it really was a good chance? The game can sometimes classify a shot as a CCC, especially shots at an angle, that shouldn't be CCCs.

Apart from the AF, who is going to score in that tactic?

Another thing, have you watched the CCCs back to see whether it really was a good chance? The game can sometimes classify a shot as a CCC, especially shots at an angle, that shouldn't be CCCs.

I score a decent amount from set pieces and midfielders chip in with a few. I watched the ones in the original post and 6 of them were CCCs but one was a bit iffy admittedly.

I score a decent amount from set pieces and midfielders chip in with a few. I watched the ones in the original post and 6 of them were CCCs but one was a bit iffy admittedly.

Okay, and who did those 6 chances fall to? The AF?

Sorry for all the questions btw. Just trying to get an understanding of your thinking and your tactic.

Okay, and who did those 6 chances fall to? The AF?

5 to AF and 1 to Nathan

View attachment 369020 View attachment 369019 <Got Nathan on a free transfer too :p

He doesn't have crazy good stats but he has alot better stats than any of those other teams strikers.

Edit: No worries about the questions, I appreciate the help.

It's not annoying that my players can't score CCC it's just annoying that the AIs players can score them despite their players having much worse stats.

Last edited:
Your defence looks fine, but it I would change a couple things in attack.
It looks 'Alejandro' is the only real goal scoring threat. I would possibly change either 'Iancu' or 'Nathan' to a SS to provide an extra goal threat in attack.
Also I would change 'Richards' to a 'CWB'. With this formation having him a FB with the support mean's not much is coming from the right side. Allow 'Richards' full use of the right side of the pitch will allow you to be more dangerous on the attack.

TBH, that striker isnt very good! Apart from that, he is also very young so most likely inconsistent. Suarez the one game and Heskey the next.

Not of fan of your tactic going forward either. You have 4 playmakers (DLP/D, DLP/S, AP/S and T/A) all supplying 1 Striker. You are relying on the striker too much. If he has an off day, your whole tactic falls to pieces.

Consider introducing at least one more runner on the right. AM/A or SS/A just to provide another option for scoring goals.

Last edited:
TBH, that striker isnt very good! Apart from that, he is also very young so most likely inconsistent. Suarez the one game and Heskey the next.

Not of fan of your tactic going forward either. You have 4 playmakers (DLP/D, DLP/S, AP/S and T/A) all supplying 1 Striker. You are relying on the striker too much. If he has an off day, your whole tactic falls to pieces.

Consider introducing at least one more runner on the right. AM/A or SS/A just to provide another option for scoring goals.

Changed Icanu to a SS and Richards to a CWB, cheers pal.

Unfortunately being Portsmouth doesn't really give me much room for manoeuvre in the transfer market so I have to take whoever I can get.

I would also add that you are very static on the right. Two defend duty midfielders and a FB/S is very conservative.

You also lack "bite" defensively. DLPs will not close down much and neither will the Anchor Man. I would add Get Stuck in to give them that extra aggressiveness. How are you conceding most of yor goals?

Edit: Those changes should work, but keep an eye on it. Defensively you still need bite, imo.

Last edited:
I would also add that you are very static on the right. Two defend duty midfielders and a FB/S is very conservative.

You also lack "bite" defensively. DLPs will not close down much and neither will the Anchor Man. I would add Get Stuck in to give them that extra aggressiveness. How are you conceding most of yor goals?

Made those changes, cheers pal

I conceded 48/80 goals (60%) from passes and most common assist area was Right Wing

Okay, let us see how you go now. If that striker screws up chances again, get him off and try another around 60-70 minutes.

Where are you predicted to finish and where are you now?

Okay, let us see how you go now. If that striker screws up chances again, get him off and try another around 60-70 minutes.

Where are you predicted to finish and where are you now?

Just finished my season, I finished 17th which was also my predicted finish.

Alejandro has low strength, balance and concentration meaning he needs a lot of space on the ball to effectively take a chance. Look back through the chances and see if he got free on the marker or if there is a player marking/pressing him.

Because of his low strength and balance, it wouldn't be hard for a strong CB to throw him off balance and only allow him to get a weak shot away.

Alejandro has low strength, balance and concentration meaning he needs a lot of space on the ball to effectively take a chance. Look back through the chances and see if he got free on the marker or if there is a player marking/pressing him.

Because of his low strength and balance, it wouldn't be hard for a strong CB to throw him off balance and only allow him to get a weak shot away.

Thats more than likely the problem, it's just annoying how that kind of thing doesn't seem to affect the AI

It dose, we're just usually too relieved when it happens, or ahead and don't care, so we don't take a mental note of them.
Do you watch the full match or just the highlights? if you only watch them on Key, you're not getting a fair reflection of what's happening on the field.