Ajax 1971-73 recreation tactic- UPDATED

• Thread starter Thread starter maxy67
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 44K
I've had no trouble scoring- who's your striker?

above is a screen shot of a game i played last night when i didnt have trouble lol. i have tevez, doumbia and fletcher. u can pretty much see my team in the screen shot. do you ever tweak anything for this scenario?

above is a screen shot of a game i played last night when i didnt have trouble lol. i have tevez, doumbia and fletcher. u can pretty much see my team in the screen shot. do you ever tweak anything for this scenario?

I'd say that all tactics run into problems now and again- its probably more of a problem with some of your players than the tactic. If your getting CCC's and Half chances- eventually the team will score again.

I used the tactic Maxy but before I give feedback, i need to say that there is hardly any position swapping. Should they be swapping positions?

I used the tactic Maxy but before I give feedback, i need to say that there is hardly any position swapping. Should they be swapping positions?

They seem to more than other tactics, the midfield 3 and the wingers are all moving into space constantly. Although I didn't want them to swap positions too much or else they wouldn't keep shape, and also the match engine isn't perfect for the position changes.

They seem to more than other tactics, the midfield 3 and the wingers are all moving into space constantly. Although I didn't want them to swap positions too much or else they wouldn't keep shape, and also the match engine isn't perfect for the position changes.

did you have a look at the total football tactic i sent you ages ago. they swapped position all round check it out

did you have a look at the total football tactic i sent you ages ago. they swapped position all round check it out

I did, but it got really poor results judging by the comments- and thats one thing total football achieved results- even by playing dirty as a lot of Ajax and Holland players explained.

finish 2nd with Liverpool at same no of points as MU(93 pts), I won FA Cup...

• You think I can get the cm just before the defense?

ps : sorry for my English :s

• i want to put the center midfielder in defensif midfielder! Is it possible ?

So far, I've played a few games with this tactic, and I don't know why but I won all my away games, but I lost or drew all my home games. Does this happen to you? If so, what do you do? Could it be because my field is narrower than the other as I set it to standard dimensions?

A screenshot of my fixtures
View attachment 227841
The Porto game was won after the exclusion of their central defender at the 70th minute.

Last edited:
So far, I've played a few games with this tactic, and I don't know why but I won all my away games, but I lost or drew all my home games. Does this happen to you? If so, what do you do? Could it be because my field is narrower than the other as I set it to standard dimensions?

A screenshot of my fixtures
View attachment 227841
The Porto game was won after the exclusion of their central defender at the 70th minute.

Well i had a look at your fixtures before you took them down, and the results looked quite good, as there were only two losses and mainly wins... Was it a case of not getting CCC's and Half Chances? Or was it a case of not converting those chances?

I forgot to say that I play with Arsenal, so for me they aren't sooo good.
During the Home games I created loads of chances, and shot at will but failed to score. If it was just one match it would have been O.K. but it happened during all my away matches. I'm not sure if it's the players, but since they play wonderfully on the road i don't think so, or it's the system not working in a standard pitch. You had problems playing in narrow pitches?

I forgot to say that I play with Arsenal, so for me they aren't sooo good.
During the Home games I created loads of chances, and shot at will but failed to score. If it was just one match it would have been O.K. but it happened during all my away matches. I'm not sure if it's the players, but since they play wonderfully on the road i don't think so, or it's the system not working in a standard pitch. You had problems playing in narrow pitches?

It worked better on wide pitches, since this means more space opens up due to the wingers pulling defenders out of position. Most of the tactic relies on moving into space so its important for a wider pitch to accommodate this.

If your creating lots of chances... I'd suggest changing the ADV forward to a poacher, have him close down less (to his own area, or own half), Mentality very Attacking, and put him as a target man mixed. This means that you'll have at least one player constantly turning those chances into goals. If he's quick, then they'll naturally start playing balls for him to run onto when space opens up and lots of one on ones with the keeper then.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for your reply, I'll try your suggestions tonight.

Hey I want to try your tactic but I can´t download it... Can u upload it again?

Back