Ajax 1971-73 recreation tactic- UPDATED

• Thread starter Thread starter maxy67
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 80
  • Views Views 44K
Hey, I notice there's been some problems with the file servers recently or something...

Is there any chance you could upload it to an alternate location temporarily?

I really like your tactic. I haven't used it but I'm strongly considering using it in 12.2 in my second season with Roma. I was using something similar in the first season but found that when playing away it is much harder to play a possession/high-line type of style.

Did you have to deal with any of that?

I really like your tactic. I haven't used it but I'm strongly considering using it in 12.2 in my second season with Roma. I was using something similar in the first season but found that when playing away it is much harder to play a possession/high-line type of style.

Did you have to deal with any of that?

sorry for the very late reply: That may be due to the other team tending not to sit back and defend as much when they are at home. But if you have the right quality of players then it should be ok.

Cannot wait to try this, thanks for taking the time to create it! I'm about to start a career with Everton based on the 12.2 DB. I realize I don't have the talent of the great teams, but do you think I can make it work with the Toffees? Any suggestions on tweaks that I should make to the training schedules?

I'm thinking Fellaini as the B2B, Rodwell as the BWM and Cahill as the AP. I can rotate Heitinga, Jagielka and Distin as CD each game to keep them fresh. I don't think Baines, Drenthe and Pienaar (with Gueye and Osman as backups) will have any problems as the wide players, but Neville/Hibbert probably aren't up to the task at WBR. Coleman will be a slight improvement, but he's hurt right now. Can Jelavic/Stracqualursi handle the striker role?

I start the world with no transfer budgets, no I'm stuck making it work with the players I have at least until January.

Cannot wait to try this, thanks for taking the time to create it! I'm about to start a career with Everton based on the 12.2 DB. I realize I don't have the talent of the great teams, but do you think I can make it work with the Toffees? Any suggestions on tweaks that I should make to the training schedules?

I'm thinking Fellaini as the B2B, Rodwell as the BWM and Cahill as the AP. I can rotate Heitinga, Jagielka and Distin as CD each game to keep them fresh. I don't think Baines, Drenthe and Pienaar (with Gueye and Osman as backups) will have any problems as the wide players, but Neville/Hibbert probably aren't up to the task at WBR. Coleman will be a slight improvement, but he's hurt right now. Can Jelavic/Stracqualursi handle the striker role?

I start the world with no transfer budgets, no I'm stuck making it work with the players I have at least until January.

Hope it works on the new patch :)

I use Raikan's training schedules so I wouldn't know mate.

Guys, when i saw your screenshots and your comments about this tactic, i told finally a great tactic. So i decided to use it with Swansea. I had the worst results ever. Why? I really want a tactic like this, please help !!!!

Thanks for the comment maxy - what did the new patch do that could impact the tactic? I was out of town last week, so I am only now getting going . . . just getting ready for my first pre-season friendly.

Last edited:
Thanks for the comment maxy - what did the new patch do that could impact the tactic? I was out of town last week, so I am only now getting going . . . just getting ready for my first pre-season friendly.

I'm not sure, but I've seen a few tactics that used to be good no longer having the same effect as before.

The problem I've noticed is that it's taking forever for my team to learn. After 9 friendlies (about to play my 10th and final before the season), with Very Heavy match preparation and teamwork as the special focus:

Formation - 39 (competent)
Mentality - 20 (awkward)
Passing Style - 38 (competent)
Creative Freedom - 34 (competent)
Closing Down - 58 (competent)
Marking - 37 (competent)
Tempo - 41 (competent)
Width - 43 (competent)

That is disappointing. But they seem to be playing well. We were up 2-0 on the road vs. PSG before we blew the lead and lost 3-2 - but some of that was after the subs came in. Tied Lyonnais 1-1. About to play Juventus.

Well that was fun. Complete second half domination of Juventus. We were up 1-0 at half, but the game was pretty even. We went nuts in the second half, at the 83 minute mark we are up 4-0, outshooting them 13-3, possession 55-45, clear cut chances 4-1. Liking this tactic, can't wait until the players actually understand it.

Well, opening day was spectacular. A 3-1 win at home vs. Spurs. Total domination, gave up a late goal with a couple of 18-year olds on the pitch.

Still taking forever to learn

Formation - 51 (competent)
Mentality - 25 (awkward)
Passing Style - 45 (competent)
Creative Freedom - 44 (competent)
Closing Down - 79 (accomplished)
Marking - 46 (competent)
Tempo - 50 (competent)
Width - 52 (competent)

Well, opening day was spectacular. A 3-1 win at home vs. Spurs. Total domination, gave up a late goal with a couple of 18-year olds on the pitch.

Still taking forever to learn

Formation - 51 (competent)
Mentality - 25 (awkward)
Passing Style - 45 (competent)
Creative Freedom - 44 (competent)
Closing Down - 79 (accomplished)
Marking - 46 (competent)
Tempo - 50 (competent)
Width - 52 (competent)

Hey thanks for your feedback mate.

Its quite a hard tactic to learn, but hopefully it will work out for your side.

are you still using this tactic or will you be making a new version

It took a year to learn, but in my second season with Everton, playing almost exclusively this tactic, I had a breakout season. The only significant players I added were Sebastian Corchia (WBR), Nene (AML), and Vladimir Weiss (loan from Man City, made 17 starts and scored 7 goals, he was great) although Nene only played about half the season due to his getting hurt 3 or 4 times. Kouma Babacar was brought in to back up Jelavic and Nene, but he was only 19, not exactly a star yet.

I finished 2nd in the EPL (Liverpool ran away with the title, 97 points). I rolled up a 26-8 record (4 draws), for 82 points. Outscored the opposition 72-32, and I won the FA Cup, although I had a really good draw.

One thing I noticed . . . Darron Gibson played most of the year as the Advanced Playmaker Support (Left Central Midfielder). He scored 6 goals in 27 starts, all on long shots, with his 16 Long Shots rating. It was a HUGE unexpected boost to the team. So I definitely recommend sticking a good LS rating player there.

I also tweaked the individual long-shot instructions to match up with the players. I set everyone to low by default, then moved guys with 12-14 to sometimes and guys with 16 (Gibson/Nene) to sometimes or often, depending on the game.

We were undefeated at home 17-0 (2 draws), and went 9-8 with two draws on the road (4th best record in the league).

It takes a long time to learn this tactic, but the rewards reaped in season 2 made it well worth the wait.

To give an idea of the players used, my main lineup (going left to right) was Baines, Heitinga, Jagielka, Corchia for defense, Gibson, Rodwell, Fellaini midfield, Nene, Barkley, wingers, Jelavic striker.

Drenthe backed up Baines and Nene (trained him for WBL), Weiss backed up Barkley. Cahill was hurt much of the year. Distin and Duffy backed up the DCs, and Coleman backed up Corchia and the right-wingers (trained him for AMR). Howard played the entire year in goal. Gueye also backed up Nene, but since Bobacar and Drenthe had this covered, I loaned Gueye to Villa for some extra cash during the second half of the year.

I do recommend wingers that can finish for this tactic. Drenthe was very frustrating in year 1 missing all the time. So I went and got Nene, worked on Drenthe's finishing and made him more of a super-sub. Weiss's ability to score made him a huge plus. I'm bringing him over from Man City full time. Also trained Coleman on beating the offsides trap and it was very cool to see him do it in a game for a goal.

Also, in the first year, we had an insanely violent team. 83 yellow cards, 7 red cards. I got rid of Tony Hibbert and Phil Neville was pretty much exclusively a sub in year 2. I also changed my assistant coach after Steve Round followed David Moyes to Aston Villa.

The new assistant is Wim Teunissen. I let him make all of the opposition instructions choices. He has 18 tactical knowledge, and his preferences are 4-4-2 formation, mixed pressing, general coaching style, direct playing style, balanced playing mentality and zonal marking style.

I noticed Round was setting everyone to tackling hard, so I was glad when he left :-) Year 2 only 51 yellow cards and 3 reds. Made a huge difference.

Another thing, for my Match Preparation, in season 2 I almost always used Defensive Movement. Plenty of attack already in the tactic, so I figured getting the defensive boost would help.

Back