Jounalist: Who do you believe will be your star player in years to come?

&

Jounalist: Do you worry that you will end up losing many of your best players the more their reputations grow?

Frank: "Excellent questions, in the future I have no doubt we'll see several world class talents playing for our club. Van de Kerkhof has already proven he's a brilliant player at only 18 year old. He was our 1st choice CM all of last season and ended up making an amazing 43 appearances, 12 of which were Champions League games. As you'll know he's recently been called up to the senior national team. Another player that will be afforded a lot more matches this season will be fellow 18 year old van Dam. More attacking than van de Kerkhof, van Dam should also become a wonderful player. Think van Dam as in the mould of Iniesta, whereas van de Kerkhof is more like our Xavi. Not surprisingly, probably our most promising player is the 17 CB, Andrea. We all believe if he continues to work hard, he should become one, if not the greatest defender on the planet. My bet is he'll captain our national team in years to come. And I haven't even gotten started about our current u19 squad, hopefully, in the next year or two, they all speak for themselves as they show their class in international matches!

To answer your next question, keeping our players is undoubtedly our biggest challenge off the pitch. With billionaire owners already sniffing around to sign Andersen, Denswil, Veltman, Fischer, Bazoer pretty much our whole team, it'll be hard to keep onto our world-class players. In order to prevent them from leaving, we need to prove ourselves on the continental stage. Without the millions other league get for television revenue, we must every single euro we can our of our Champions League performances. Last year, our trip to the final saw our crowds grow to break records, we broke the shirt sales record, and we broke the club record for most money made from a competition pay-outs. This is the only way we can make, and keep a world-class team. There's no Arab or Russian coming to put a billion euro into the club any time soon..."

View attachment 491691
August 2016

Super Start!

View attachment 423921

Draws

UEFA Champions League Group B

Chelsea, Ajax, Fiorentina, Freiburg

Results

JC Schaal
Ajax 2-1 VVV
(Fischer, Schouw, Veltman)

Eredivisie
Ajax 5-2 Zwolle
(Nijland x2, Andersen, Denswil, van Dam x2, Amrani)

Eredivisie
RKC 1-2 Ajax
(Dumitru, van de Kerkhof, Denswil)

Eredivisie
Ajax 3-0 Vitesse
(Fischer, de Jong, Menig)

Eredivisie
NEC 2-4 Ajax
(Andrist, van Ooijen, Denswil, Ebecilio, Andersen)

Eredivisie
Ajax 3-0 ADO Den Haag
(Andersen x2, Fischer)

Eredivisie
GA Eagles 1-1 Ajax
(Kramer, de Jong)

View attachment 423920

Player of the Month

Viktor Fischer
View attachment 423919
August saw Viktor net in 3 goals, and a few assists with his crosses.

Transfers

View attachment 423918
A very busy month for us in terms of players leaving the club. I was keen on letting Serero, Duarte, and Sigborsson go. However, Anderlecht's offer was completely out of the blue. I took a week to think about it. I had to accept it, the offer was too good to refuse, and I don't believe Karlsson would have reached his potential at our club.

View attachment 423917View attachment 423916View attachment 423915View attachment 423914

Squad Status

View attachment 423913View attachment 423912
With those transfers, our playing squad is now entirely made up of players that all have home-grown at club status. Meaning all players have represented the youth squads at some stage in their career. In my honest opinion, no other well recognised club can boast as having a youth policy better than ours, or a 1st team turn-over as good as ours!

Last edited:
View attachment 491813
September 2016

Strong European Results

View attachment 423875

Results

Eredivisie
Ajax 4-0 Roda JC
(Denswil x2, Ebecilio, van de Kerkhof)

Ajax 3-2 Freiburg
(de Jong x3, Teixeira, Jonsson)

Eredivisie
AZ 2-1 Ajax
(Shynder x2, van de Kerkhof)

KNVB Beker
Ajax 3-0 Hollandia
(Menig, Nouri, de Heus o.g)

Eredivisie
FC Utrecht 3-2 Ajax
(de Jong, Soudani x2, Oar, Andersen)

Fiorentina 0-3 Ajax
(Fischer, Denswil, Andersen)

View attachment 423874View attachment 423873

Player of the Month

Lucas Andersen
View attachment 423872
Despite being outscored by de Jong and Denswil, Andersen winners our Player of the Month for a number of other reasons. He didn't pick up a single assist. However, his effort and intelligence gets him the award. In our Champions League games in particular, you'd struggle to find a player that worked harder. Making ingenious runs off the ball, and charging in like a pit-bull to close the ball down when we lost it.​

Haha, you bought Nathan Rutjes? He's something of a cult hero IRL (mainly due to the somewhat silly surname, and his... er... choice of hairdo).

In my game he's quite ****, though. Why the purchase?

The results are amazing. KUTGW!

Haha, you bought Nathan Rutjes? He's something of a cult hero IRL (mainly due to the somewhat silly surname, and his... er... choice of hairdo).

In my game he's quite ****, though. Why the purchase?

The results are amazing. KUTGW!

Solely for tutoring. He's another addition to our 'role-model player & early coaching program' team. (The game see's him as a player, whereas, I see him as a coach-to-be, working with 1 of our youngsters at a time.) He'll never take the field, well, maybe the Over-35's or legends 6-a-side teams :)

If he grow the mullet back he's gone!

Last edited:
Solely for tutoring. He's another addition to our 'role-model player & early coaching program' team. (The game see's him as a player, whereas, I see him as a coach-to-be, working with 1 of our youngsters at a time.) He'll never take the field, well, maybe the Over-35's or legends 6-a-side teams :)

If he grow the mullet back he's gone!

That's actually a brilliant idea. Taking older players with good mental stats and , them tutor players. I will steal this idea!

Anyway, considering my issues with the "no Dutch language" bug, I will now slowly start to focus on Dutch (language) players only. In my own game, I became champions with FC Groningen. Now I will have to replace Ajax as the prime source of Dutch football, too. ;-)

Anyway, looking forward to the next update, mate!

View attachment 493571
October 2016

Draw at the Top of the Table

View attachment 423127

Results

Eredivisie
Ajax 3-0 FC Groningen
(de Jong, Bazoer, Nouri)

Eredivisie
Ajax 3-1 FC Twente
(Nouri, Vaarnold, Bouy, Andersen)

Chelsea 1-2 Ajax
(Denswil, Willian, de Jong)

Eredivisie
PSV 2-2 Ajax
(Nordtveit o.g, Omeruo, Andersen, Parker)

KNVB Beker
Ajax 4-0 EVV
(Menig x2, Kishna, Nouri)

Eredivisie
Heracles 0-3 Ajax
(Denswil, van Dam, de Jong)

View attachment 423126View attachment 423125

Player of the Month

Stefano Denswil
View attachment 423124
A sight we're becoming rather accustomed to now, Stefano again picks up player of the month. Aside from the below average performance from the whole team away to league leaders PSV, Denswil and his colleagues defended extremely well. Take out the match, and we only conceded 1 league goal, and 1 goal away in London.

View attachment 423123
The board have just announced that the Amsterdam ArenA will be expanded from 53,000 to 60,000 due to the the 98% average attendance record we set last season due to our Champions League form. Hopefully, we'll be able to keep that average to the same level over the next few season in order to repay the boards faith in the team!​

View attachment 496491
November 2016

Mourinho's Blues

View attachment 421778

Results

Ajax 1-1 Chelsea
(van Dam, Cahill)

Eredivisie
Ajax 1-0 Feyenoord
(Veltman)

Eredivisie
sc Heerenveen 2-4 Ajax
(de Jong, van Dam, Andersen, Veltman, Promes, Balenziaga)

Freiburg 0-2 Ajax
(de Jong, Denswil)

Eredivisie
MVV 1-2 Ajax
(Veltman o.g, Mitchell de Jong o.g, Nouri)

Ajax 4-0 Fiorentina
(de Jong x2, Andersen, Andrea)

View attachment 421776View attachment 421775
Chelsea have dropped into the Europa League due to their poor performances this season. The pressure seems to be intensifying on him, highlighted by our public spats at one-another through the media. I had to chase after him down the tunnel to get a handshake after our 1-1 draw. Not for the first time, I'm really getting under his skin.

Player of the Month

Siem de Jong
View attachment 421777
Captain fantastic, Siem has gone from one of our best play-makers into the main scoring threat. While 4 goals isn't exactly prolific, I'm giving the award to him mainly due to his influence. We never look like losing when he's in the game.

View attachment 497255
December 2016

Extending our Undefeated Run

View attachment 421427

Results

Eredivisie
Ajax 1-0 VVV
(Bazoer)

Eredivisie
Zwolle 0-2 Ajax
(Denswil, Andersen)

Eredivisie
RKC 1-1 Ajax
(Sylla, Andersen)

Eredivisie
Vitesse 1-2 Ajax
(Havenaar, Andersen x2)

Eredivisie
Ajax 2-1 NEC
(Disveld, Fischer, de Jong)

KNVB Beker
NEC 0-3 Ajax
(Andersen, Bouy, Ebecilio)

View attachment 421426

Player of the Month

Stefano Denswil
View attachment 421424
Stefano edges 5 goal man, Andersen to win this months best player award. His commanding presence, and lighting recovery pace when our defensive line is too high went a long way to ensuring he won another award. At this rate he'll need a bigger cabinet very soon!​

View attachment 497501
Update

View attachment 421325

First Man to Jump Ship

View attachment 421326 VS View attachment 421327

Journalist: Today Ajax have announced that Joel Veltman will no-long be a Ajax play come the end of the season. Liverpool were able to sign the highly experienced 25 year-old yesterday on a free transfer because his Ajax contract is due to expire in 6 months. Several Ajax insiders have suggested Veltman turned down several contract offers by the club, and would have become the highest paid player in the Eredivise. This will no doubt come as a blow to Rijkaard's team as Veltman has been inspired form ever since the Dutchman took charge 3 and a half years ago. Veltman himself has remained silent about to transfer thus far, however, his agent has voiced his joy about the deal. It's believed Liverpool offered the CB approximately 73,000 pounds a week to make the change, over 10 times his current Ajax wage. When pushed, Frank Rijkaard spoke at the ADO Den Haag press conference about the deal:

Rijkaard: "Today is a sad day for the club. Joel is a wonderful player, we all know that. He has been an excellent servant for the club, no-one at the club holds any grudge against him, and I hope the fans won't either. The same cannot be said for his agent. He's conned Joel into thinking he's doing the best by him, and Joel has unfortunately believed him. I believe he's solely behind this deal. Liverpool haven't made it to the Champions League group stage for 7 years, we were runners up last season. With respect to Liverpool, this deal is solely about the money. But I suppose that's modern football for you...Thankfully, we have Bazoer, Andrea, and Riedewald all ready to set up to the 1st team spot"

Last edited:
View attachment 497657
January 2017

Continued Good Form

View attachment 421248

Draws

UEFA Champions League Round of 16

Ajax vs Monaco

Results

Eredivisie
ADO Den Haag 1-3 Ajax
(van Duinen, Andersen x2, de Jong)

KNVB Beker
MVV 0-2 Ajax
(Fischer, Bazoer)

Eredivisie
Ajax 5-1 GA Eagles
(van de Kerkhof, Blind, Koc, Fischer, Andersen, Ebecilio)

View attachment 421247

Player of the Month

Lucas Andersen
View attachment 421246
Lucas picked up where he left off last season in front of goal, netting in 3 in 3 matches.

Transfers

View attachment 421245
Nothing too serious during winter. We decided we had seen enough good matches from Bouy to buy him for 2.4M. While Tibbling paid for the deal, with his 3M move to Anderlecht.​

Ouch. Shame about Veltman. He's a class player. Especially sour that he's walking out of the ArenA for free. Such is the lot in the Netherlands.

Other than that, it's going well!

View attachment 498129
February 2017

de Jong, our Saviour!

View attachment 420921

Results

Eredivisie
Ajax 2-0 AZ
(Andersen, Andrea)

Monaco 2-1 Ajax
(Yarmolenko, Moutinho, Andersen)

Eredivisie
Roda JC 1-2 Ajax
(de Jong, Hupperts, Riedewald)

Eredivisie
FC Groningen 0-2 Ajax
(Fischer, van de Kerkhof)

Eredivisie
Ajax 1-0 FC Utrecht
(Kishna)

Ajax 3-0 Monaco
(de Jong x3)

View attachment 420920View attachment 420919

Player of the Month

Siem de Jong
View attachment 420918
In our 2nd leg Champions League Round of 16 clash the game was locked at 0-0 at half-time. We knew it couldn't remain like that for another 45 minutes or we'd be out. I yelled at the players at half-time that this was the most important 45 minutes of the season, that everything they'd done had lead up to this half. It worked! Everyone came flying out of the blocks. De Jong looked like a man possessed! His closing down was bulldog-like, his runs off the ball were powerful and calculated, and his finishing was something else. He was slid 3 threw balls in behind, he netted all 3. He put on the best individual display I've seen at this club in my 3 and a half years, and what a time to do it.​

Siem de Jong reminds me a lot of Thomas Muller. Neither are given the most flattering technical stats in the game, but their mental stats are top class. They'll be the ones fighting the most. c:

View attachment 498261
March 2017

Finally, a Cup Final

View attachment 420861

Draws

UEFA Champions League Quarter Final

Ajax vs Manchester United, now for the 3rd consecutive season.

Results

Eredivisie
Ajax 4-1 PSV
(Andersen x2, de Jong x2, Zuber)

Eredivisie
FC Twente 0-2 Ajax
(Ebecilio, de Jong)

KNVB Beker Semi Final
RKC 0-1 Ajax
(de Jong)

View attachment 420860

Player of the Month

Siem de Jong
View attachment 420859
Who else? Siem's one of several in-form players at the moment, but 4 goals in 3 games gets him the award. Seems the move to make him our main man up front is really paying off!

Youth Intake

View attachment 420858View attachment 420857View attachment 420856View attachment 420855
Not our best year of players graduating through the youth system, however, Dip could become a 1st team player. We're severally lacking in good full-backs from the B team down so he should see first team action sooner than he might think.​

Dustin Tip is good enough for the average Eredivisie match, I'd reckon!

View attachment 501045
April 2017

4 Weeks, 10 Games

View attachment 419584

Results

Eredivisie
Ajax 5-0 Heracles
(Andrea, Nouri x2, Dijksteel, Arts)

Ajax 5-0 Manchester United
(Andersen x2, de Jong, Bazoer, Kishna)

Eredivisie
sc Heerenveen 1-1 Ajax
(Mengolo, Nouri)

Manchester United 2-1 Ajax
(Welbeck, Andersen, Kagawa)

Eredivisie
VVV 0-1 Ajax
(Nouri)

UEFA Champions League Semi Final
Ajax 1-2 PSG
(Andersen, Witsel, Aubameyang)

KNVB Beker Final
FC Twente 1-4 Ajax
(Menig, Amrani, Vaarnold, Dijksteel, Vissers)

UEFA Champions League Semi Final
PSG 2-2 Ajax (AET)
(Insigne, Boilesen, de Jong, Lucas Moura)

Eredivisie
Feyenoord 4-3 Ajax
(Andersen, Andrea, Dijks o.g, Dijk, Pelle, Nouri, Geraldo)

Eredivisie
Ajax 3-1 MVV
(Andersen, Nouri, Menig, Luckermans)

View attachment 419583
We managed to do the treble in Holland, winning all 3 trophies on offer. The Eredivise, JC Schaal, and KNVB Beker are now all sitting in our trophy cabinet together.

Player of the Month & Player of the Season

Lucas Andersen
View attachment 419582

Young Player of the Season

Sjaak van Dam
View attachment 419581

Youth Player of the Season

Lorenzo Dijksteel
View attachment 419580

Club Award Winners

View attachment 419579

European Award Winners

View attachment 419576View attachment 419575

Continental Competition Winners

View attachment 419578View attachment 419577
Unfortunately, we went out to the hands of PSG again. But this time it was a much closer affair. We forced them at extra time, and one good cross the the feet of Lucas Moura was all that separated the teams. I think we could get a win against them next season when some of the younger players grow a little more.

Major European League Winners

View attachment 419574View attachment 419573View attachment 419572View attachment 419571View attachment 419570