Bullardinho

Reaction score
View attachment 969043

Shearer Takes Charge At Villa Park

View attachment 218059

Toon legend and Premier League all-time top scorer Alan Shearer has decided to give management another try as he takes charge at Aston Villa following the sacking of Tim Sherwood.

Shearer previously had a short stint in-charge of his boy-hood club Newcastle United as he took over for the last 8 games of their 2008-2009 season, unsuccessfully avoiding relegation in the process.

The BBC MOTD pundit had previously stated that he would never rule out a move back into management and he clearly feels that now is the right time, although Villa are predicted to struggle this season and many of the clubs fans are hoping that Shearer will be the man to turn the clubs fortunes around.

View attachment 217922
Key Players

Rudy Gestede

View attachment 217921
I will be looking for Rudy to step up and grab the goals to keep us in the league this season. I see a lot of myself in him and I am hoping with the right leadership, he could be a very useful player.

Jack Grealish

View attachment 217920
Jack's talent has been much publicised recently and with good reason, the lad has a great turn of place and very good technically ability. I will be hoping he can fulfill his potential under my management and take a key role in the team.

Idrissa Gueye

View attachment 217919
Lastly Idrissa, I don't know much about this fella but from what my assistant tells me he is a very strong, defensive minded player, something I will considered key to enable our more talented wide men to flourish.

`
First Team

View attachment 217918
This is by no means the finished article, I will certainly be making changes after I have assessed the team and players performances through out the pre-season, however looking at the players we have and the key strengths in the team, I think this looks like the strongest side at the moment. I am looking for players such as Agbonlahor, Traore, Sinclair and Ayew to show me why they should be included in my first eleven. We also have Okore and Amavi out injured at the moment to fight for the defensive places.

Last edited:
Looking forward to this, can you take villa back to challenging for top 6?!

Looking forward to this, can you take villa back to challenging for top 6?!

Cheers mate. I hope so, will be very difficult given their squad and finances. Will take a lot of work and little bit of luck!

Good luck with Villa mate. I am 3rd with them after 19:games. Get them into a passing team and u can do wonders

Good luck with Villa mate. I am 3rd with them after 19:games. Get them into a passing team and u can do wonders

Cheers mate. Sounds like you're doing a great job! They have so much dead weight in their squad, I have offloaded a few of players, just trying to find the right additions.

View attachment 217676
Pre-Season

Friendlies

View attachment 217673
I am pretty happy with our friendly performances all in all, some impressive performances from Westwood, Guzan and Gueye were pleasing, equally some worrying performances from Grealish, Hutton and Gil has left their position in my first eleven in some doubt. W
e also managed to get through them without any major injuries which is a bonus.

Transfers.. So far

View attachment 217648
I knew that I would need to move a few players on before I could bring in any new faces. N'Zogbia, Richardson, Kozak and Bacuna were all fringe/reserve players on high wages, I just wanted to move them on regardless of the fee. Agbonlahor was a sale that may not do me any favours with the home support, especially as he is a Villain through and through, I just felt that he doesn't have enough quality for our first team anymore and the £7m sale to Monaco will help us to re-invest.

Alan Dzagoev

View attachment 217635
Our first signing in was Alan Dzagoev from CSKA, I felt we lacked any real flair or attack minded player in the centre of midfield and I think he will add a new dimension to our counter attack. I hope to have one or two more additions before the transfer window closes.

Good idea to sell those few players, i'm trying to use their dead weight in my game to keep us afloat but i might move them on come January. Shocked Gabby was sold though, but good profit for him

View attachment 217607
Further Signings

Fabio Daprela

View attachment 217605
With Jordan Amavi being our only recognised left back, I felt we needed to add a bit of extra quality and depth, Fabio is a good addition to the side and could easily push for a first team place straight away. At just £2.6m I also think this transfer represents a pretty decent deal financially too.

Diafra Sakho

View attachment 217604
I'm delighted to have Diafra join us for the season, he had a great debut season for the Hammers last year but finds himself on the transfer list this term. Sahko will rotate with Gustede depending on the opposition and our game plan. Also, we have an agreement to sign Sahko for £9m at any time during the loan if we wish.

Good idea to sell those few players, i'm trying to use their dead weight in my game to keep us afloat but i might move them on come January. Shocked Gabby was sold though, but good profit for him

It's worth trying to sell if you can, I don't think any of them are good enough really. How are you doing in the league? Gabby really doesn't have the ability anymore, can't turn down £7m in financial our position.

It's worth trying to sell if you can, I don't think any of them are good enough really. How are you doing in the league? Gabby really doesn't have the ability anymore, can't turn down £7m in financial our position.

10 games in and i'm 19th, really struggling to be honest. First game was a loss to Leicester, then drew with Norwich and shockingly beat Man Utd but from there it's all been downhill.

Try to get Charlie Austin he's good for me atm in my save. I am 11th in the prem and currently playing my last match of the season.

10 games in and i'm 19th, really struggling to be honest. First game was a loss to Leicester, then drew with Norwich and shockingly beat Man Utd but from there it's all been downhill.

Villa are definitely a tough challenge for this year. I am just about to post my results for August and its not great but we did have Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham in the league, not the easiest start lol.

Try to get Charlie Austin he's good for me atm in my save. I am 11th in the prem and currently playing my last match of the season.

I tried but they wanted £12m I didn't have that much available unfortunately. Sakho seems to be a good addition so far and Gustede has started well.

View attachment 217479
August

Results

View attachment 217476
To say our opening run of fixtures was difficult would be an understatement. The season opener at home to Manchester United was a tough way to begin the campaign, we never really showed up and their quality showed on the day, the most disappointing aspect of the result was our performance, 36% possession, only 2 shots on target, much work was needed.

Then came Chelsea at home, I was delighted with our performance on the day, Gustede not only grabbed a goal but he lead the line well and held the ball up when needed, earning him an impressive MotM award.

I felt that we deserved more from the match at Anfiled against Liverpool, I was disappointed with our frailty at the back and Gustede missed a couple of guilt-edge chances. One positive was the impressive introduction of Sakho, he was lively when he came on late in the second half, bagging a goal 4 minutes into making his debut.

I decided to give the majority of our first team players a run out for the cup tie with Shrewsbury, mainly because I want to take the cup competitions seriously this year. The match was as one sided as the result suggests, great performances from Gueye and Hutton epitomised our performance and that man Sakho popped up again to grab a brace to make it 3 goals in two appearances.

Lastly we faced Tottenham at home for the last match of the month, this was a close game that in truth I felt we might take something from. We went in at half time 1-0 up after another fantastic header from Gustede, but unfortunately we let our performance slip in the second half and often gifted them much of the possession. On another day, we could have taken one, maybe even three points from this game.

League Table

View attachment 217475
Considering we have already faced four of the ‘Top 6’ teams in the league, I am happy with our position so far. Many would not have given us a chance of taking 3 points away from that opening schedule and I am chuffed that we have our first win of the season under our belts, especially as it was against Chelsea. Our morale seems to have stayed largely intact over that turbulent period and I will really be looking for us to kick on and start getting more points on the boards in September.

Player of the Month
Ashley Westwood

View attachment 217474
It was a tough choice for our PotM this month, especially as both Gustede and Sakho had impressed me with their performances. In the end I had to give it to Ashley, his work rate has been impeccable, he is covered every blade of grass, his pass succession rate was fantastic and he bagged a couple of assists as well.

Doing alright with ur start mate. I had kinda the same but had Stoke at home instead of Utd. I beat Stoke, lost to Man City then drew with Liverpool and beat Spurs. Good luck with ur save. Sinclair is a beast for me at the moment at Inside Forward

Alan Shearer: We are going to surprise a few people this season.

The Aston Villa boss talks to FFT’s Joe Brewin about his time as Newcastle boss, his new sides win against Chelsea and the backlash from the sale of fan favourite Gabby Agbonlahor.

Alan Shearer is widely regarded as the best striker the English Premier League has ever seen, finishing his playing career as the league’s leading goal scorer with 260 goals in 441 games. During this time he also managed to pick up several personal accolades including two PFA Player of the Year awards, three PL Golden Boots, Third Place Ballon d’Or and an induction in to the English Football Hall of Fame, to name just a few.

Whilst his time at Newcastle United as a player was filled with many fond memories, the same could not be said for his short stint in charge as interim-manager at his home-town club during the 2008-09 season which saw them relegated from the Premier League, ‘I took the job on at the time because I wanted to help the club stay up, I genuinely believed I could change things around but I realise in hindsight that I just didn’t have the right skills or experience as a manger’.

The new Villa boss thinks that he needed the time away from the game to complete his coaching badges and develop a better understanding of the role, ‘As I say I wasn’t ready back then, since then I have gone through the relevant coaching courses and I have made sure that I never stepped away from the game, I think that my time as a pundit on Match of the Day has helped me hugely, we spend so much time analysing the teams and footballers individual performances that it helps you to visualise what you are learning on the coaching courses’.

Clearly his days of analysing Chelsea’s performances each week during his time on MotD come in handy when he met Mourinho’s side for the first time earlier this month, ’I was absolutely delighted to get our first three points on the board, of course it was even sweeter getting them against a side like Chelsea. I have a great respect for Jose, he is one of the best managers in the world, it just so happened our game plan worked on the day and we came out on top, I don’t think this will be the first time we surprise people this season’.

Lastly we wanted to find out what really happened with Gabby Agbonlahor, much has been said about the surprise sale of the ‘fan favourite’ to French side Monaco and we wanted to find out why it was the new Villa boss decided to sanction the sale of a player that was clearly in the hearts of the fans, ‘Being completely honest with you, there is nothing in it, that’s the honest truth, I respect Gabby and I understand that the fans have an affiliation with the lad, I also completely understand what it’s like to be in that position myself, but at the end of the day I have to do what’s best for the club, I felt like we had better options in the positions he can play, I didn’t want his career to become stagnant, with that we sat down and mutually decided that moving on would be best for both the club and his career’.

Aston Villa were handed a difficult set of opening fixtures in the league and many fans would accept that they are happy with the start their new boss has made. The clubs support are confident that whilst Shearer is in charge they will stay in the division, despite the media’s prediction of relegation candidates, although many will be hoping for much more from team this year.

Last edited:
Wow you couldn't have gotten a more difficult start to the season... Despite that you've done pretty well so far with the win against Chelsea being the highlight.