View attachment 214771

May

Results

View attachment 214770
A couple of great results to finish of our campaign, neither really had any consequence but it was still good to end on a positive. Both Babacar and Ilicic managed to find some decent form coming back from injury and I just hope they can stay injury free through to the start of the new campaign.

Final League Table

View attachment 214767
I am delighted with our final position. When I joined the club in January we were sitting in 18th place and in serious danger of being relegated if we didn't turn things around. With 11 wins in 18 games, including some great winning results against Inter Milan, AC Milan and Lazio, we managed to climb to a respectable mid-table finish.

View attachment 214273

Pre-Season

Pre-season has begun and the players have departed for their holidays, although I have decided to make it a short break as I want everyone back early to begin preparations for next season, there is a lot of work to do to get this team competing for the European places where it belongs.

Youth Facilities

My first port of call was a meeting with the Chairman to discuss the clubs youth facilities. It was recently announced that they had been downgraded, with that I immediately requested an upgrade which at first was declined, but after I pleaded my case, Mr Cognigni agreed.

View attachment 214272

Transfer Budget

We then moved on to the budget I would be given for the new season, I was originally offered £31 million, however after a discussion about our aims/objectives for the season, they had suggested they would be happy with the aim of avoiding relegation once again, I have told them in no certain terms I wouldn't accept any less than a high mid-table finish for this season, they agreed and I was given an additional £5 million to spend.

View attachment 214271

Great transfer budget you have there! Look forward to seeing who you bring in!

Great transfer budget you have there! Look forward to seeing who you bring in!

Its very good considering we haven't got any European football this season. It's going to be a very busy window, I have already signed 5 players which I will be putting up shortly, I am in talks with a further 4 or 5 players at the moment, should be a busy window.

Geronimo Rulli comes in on a free transfer having agreed terms to join us once contract with Real Sociedad had expired. He will instantly become our number one and I will be hoping for an instant impact.

The deal to bring Davide Astori in for £7.75 million had already been agreed before my arrival as a part of his loan agreement. Although I feel the price is a little on the high side, Davide really impressed me during the second half of the season and I am delighted to have him back on a permanent basis.

Ex-Arsenal reserve Kristoffer Olsen had really been impressing at FC Midtjylland and was being chased by several big clubs across Europe. He is showing signs of real promise and I really believe he will prove to be a bargain at just £3.6 Million.

Ruilli is an amazing signing, why on earth would they let him go on a free? Astori is also a brilliant signing, should be in the Champions League places next season, you got plans to eventually go back to the Prem?

Some very nice signings there Mr. Shearer . As for the budget all I can say is ...View attachment 214216 I 'll will be very interesting to see your next moves!

View attachment 214213

Shearer Raids Relegated Villa

Jores Okore

View attachment 214212
Whilst he may spent the majority of my short time at Villa side-lined with injury, I was aware Jores Okore had a great deal of quality. Following Aston Villa’s eventual relegation, many of their players have requested a transfer and Jores was available at just £2 million. He will provide an excellent back up and possibly even push for a first team place.

Jack Grealish

View attachment 214211
Despite the fact he didn’t show it during my time at the club, it is clear that Jack has a great deal of potential. Again I decided to use my contacts within the club to agree a great good deal at just £8 million, rising to £12 million depending on International appearances and goals. I will look at introducing Jack straight into the first team, I believe he will suit our style of play very well.

Ruilli is an amazing signing, why on earth would they let him go on a free? Astori is also a brilliant signing, should be in the Champions League places next season, you got plans to eventually go back to the Prem?

I know, I was shocked to see his contract was expiring, his wage demands weren't too much either. Astori was superb for me last season so I am glad to have him back. I am definitely hoping we can get into Champions League, although competition is tight as both Milan clubs, Juve, Lazio and Roma all had good seasons last year. I think the only way to end his career should be for Shearer to return to Newcastle but who knows..

Some very nice signings there Mr. Shearer . As for the budget all I can say is ...View attachment 978023 I 'll will be very interesting to see your next moves!

I think Shearer has done some pretty decent business so far, few signings yet to come as well.

View attachment 213944

Transfers In

Ricardo van Rhijn

View attachment 213943

A product of the Ajax youth system, Ricardo van Rhijn has been a part of their first team for the past 3 or 4 years, he has international experience with the Dutch national team and offers us great cover in both the centre and right side of defence. Ricardo van Rhijn

Frederic Macial

View attachment 213942
View attachment 213941
I stumbled upon Frederic Maciel by pure coincidence whilst spending some time in Belgium. Fred offers us a decent option out on even wing and given his fee could turn out to be a bargain.

Marcelo Meli

View attachment 213940
We desperately needed cover in the CDM position given that our formation is set out with two holding midfielders. Meli was our second choice, losing out on Gil Romero to Sociedad. He does however have a steely determination and tireless attitude, coupled with decent technical ability so I am sure he will do a great job for us and turn out to be another bargain.

Frederico Bonazzoli

(forgot to take SS)

With Rossi still 3 months away from recovery and Gomez still out on loan for another year, that leaves us with just Babacar as our only other front man. I am delighted to welcome Frederico Bonazzoli to the team. An Italian centre forward with a huge future in the game and I am sure at just £8m will prove to be a very good deal for the club.

More transfers to follow shortly...

View attachment 213902

Wilshere Joins Viola

View attachment 213903
I decided to try and take as much of the risk out of this deal as possible. Jack has/had the potential to be a fantastic player for both club and country but with his injury problem and a lack of consistent first team football, his stock has declined in recent seasons. I decided rather than taking on all of the risks, I would sign him on a season long loan with the option to make the deal permanent for £8.25 Million at any point. I hope he can stay fit and recapture his previous form, if he can he could be a fantastic addition.

View attachment 213411

Transfers In

Muhamed Besic

View attachment 213410
I felt we needed further cover in the CDM positions, we now have Suarez, Meli, Rode and Besic, four very good defensive midfielders. Besic is a decent back up and will be a good rotation option.

Juan Jesus

View attachment 213409
We didn't necessarily need to sign Juan but when I found out he was surplus to requirements at Inter and available at just £3.8 Million, I had to bring him back. He was superb for us on loan last season and will only add greater competition to our first team squad.

Main Transfers Out

Nenad Tomovic - Sevilla

Nenad was voted our player of the season last year and it was certainly deserved. Unfortunately he wanted to move on for Champions League football, Sevilla came knocking with a decent offer and the signing of Juan Jesus meant I was able to give him his wish.

Milan Badelj - Man City

Milan was less than impressive last season and I felt the income from his sale and his wages could be better used elsewhere, so of he went to the Etihad to be a bench warmer.

Transfer Overview

View attachment 213391
I think that will conclude our business for this window. I am very happy with the way we have gone about our business and I feel very confident that our squad is much stronger then it was when I joined, I just hope the influx of new players doesn't effect our team cohesion too much.

View attachment 213364

Pre-Season

Friendlies (and a cup game)

View attachment 213373
It has been a long preseason with plenty of games, a lot of experimentation and some good and bad results. A lot of our players were away on international duties so it was hard to get a real idea on whether the team had really gelled but it was very pleasing to see us perform so well on our first competitive match of the season, especially against a fellow Serie A opposition.

Injury News

Federico Bernardeschi

View attachment 213368

Manual Pasquale

View attachment 213366
View attachment 213365

**** - need to get some milk on the menu at the Fiorentina cafeteria!!

Great signings my friend! Unlucky for Pasqual though …

Didn't see Grealish and Wilshere wanting to come to the Viola, great signings!

**** - need to get some milk on the menu at the Fiorentina cafeteria!!

A club milk monitor has been hired to work alongside our dietician!

Great signings my friend! Unlucky for Pasqual though …

Cheers. I know, club captain as well!

Didn't see Grealish and Wilshere wanting to come to the Viola, great signings!

I know, I was a little surprised myself. I think some of the transfers have been a little off on the Beta version to be honest. Hopefully I can still get Wilshere to sign permanently at some point.