So confusing having so many different versions out in such a space of time! How do we know which is the best version to use?

I know the answer will be 'try them' but when you start with V1 and within days there 4 versions out it's a bit confusing.

If the latest versions are definite improvements then shouldn't there just be 1 main version to avoid pages of similar questions?

Abomination V2 is the best for me

I have used Abomination since version one to version three. Basically whenever TFF releases a tactic i just change it, the formation is identical so it needs no time to gel as my squad is already in her 3rd season close to finishing it.

Just a little update on my third season with Liverpool :

Top goalscorer - you guessed it, Sturridge, 32 games 26 goals (21 of those in the premiership)
2nd and 3rd goalscorers are Henderson and Coutinho both with 13 goals each and 10 and 13 assists respectively.

30 games - 22 wins - 7 draws and 1 defeat. 69 goals scored and only 18 received best defence in the league and best attack.
Most goals from corners - 12
Conceeded 6 from corners, 4 from IFKs and 4 from DFKs, thats a total of 14 out of 19 goals received from set pieces , that clearly shows how little goals i allow from build-up play, its all about the marking imo.

My defence season 3 : Marcos Rocha, Gino Peruzzi , agger, sakho, balanta, caulker, hector moreno, danny rose, ben davies.

I rotate them alot, but my starting defence for the premiership is peruzzi - agger - sakho- balanta (yes as fullback he plays amazing anywhere) i play danny rose in CL and davies in the cups. I keep my player rotation regardless of the opponent. I prioritise: EPL - CL - FA TROPHY ; anything else unless my board wants it done its not a priority for me.

So far is 2 out of 2 for EPL and im currently 8 points clear of 2nd place chelsea.. definately on route for a 3rd consecutive EPL win. Im looking to win both CL and FA cup as i failed in both last year. If i can manage that, im going to stop my save as im already very sucessfull with this tactic.

TFF for president :)

EDIT - ANDRE HAHN best foking wide midlefielder ive played so far, he has everything you need, crossing, pace, finishing ( oh yeah, he scores so much its crazy, he misses alot too) :D

Last edited:
I have used Abomination since version one to version three. Basically whenever TFF releases a tactic i just change it, the formation is identical so it needs no time to gel as my squad is already in her 3rd season close to finishing it.

Just a little update on my third season with Liverpool :

Top goalscorer - you guessed it, Sturridge, 32 games 26 goals (21 of those in the premiership)
2nd and 3rd goalscorers are Henderson and Coutinho both with 13 goals each and 10 and 13 assists respectively.

30 games - 22 wins - 7 draws and 1 defeat. 69 goals scored and only 18 received best defence in the league and best attack.
Most goals from corners - 12
Conceeded 6 from corners, 4 from IFKs and 4 from DFKs, thats a total of 14 out of 19 goals received from set pieces , that clearly shows how little goals i allow from build-up play, its all about the marking imo.

My defence season 3 : Marcos Rocha, Gino Peruzzi , agger, sakho, balanta, caulker, hector moreno, danny rose, ben davies.

I rotate them alot, but my starting defence for the premiership is peruzzi - agger - sakho- balanta (yes as fullback he plays amazing anywhere) i play danny rose in CL and davies in the cups. I keep my player rotation regardless of the opponent. I prioritise: EPL - CL - FA TROPHY ; anything else unless my board wants it done its not a priority for me.

So far is 2 out of 2 for EPL and im currently 8 points clear of 2nd place chelsea.. definately on route for a 3rd consecutive EPL win. Im looking to win both CL and FA cup as i failed in both last year. If i can manage that, im going to stop my save as im already very sucessfull with this tactic.

TFF for president :)
So now your using v3 abomination mate?

Hi,i am using v3 abomination,No goals from att. corners...

Guys, here is a tactic you can use in order to protect your lead.

Download the tactic – TFF_Defence_V1

Under this tactic your team plays very frustrating possession/time wasting football. Defense is rock solid, the threat only can come to you after corners, free kicks and crosses. You are 99% protected from break through defense CC.

When to use it? You decide. For example, you are much stronger than your opponent and it’s 75 min and you lead only by 1 goal, it's a very shaky advantage, maybe it would be wise to switch for this tactic and maybe not, because it’s very frustrating to concede from corner or crazy free kick at 90 min, as I said you decide.

Last edited:
Yes, using v3. I really cant stress enough how important defensive set pieces are for this tactic, your defence is good, but you will give away alot of fauls (thats something i noticed, maybe i have an aggressive team) and alot of goal scoring chances for the opposition.

So dont expect to win everything with just the tactics, you need good squad management as well. I havent received a red card in ages, unless it is a really bad faul. Whenever i get a yellow card and my player looks nervous.. having 6.4 or 6.3 rating i sub him, immediately. I have 74-75 fitness and he doesnt look to be involved in the game, i sub him. I also watch most games on extended or full game.

To answer someones question regarding the tactics. There are many versions,. you should always use the latest.
I think TFF did an amazing job, always being around and updating/improving his tactics, all versions work, but the latest is the best imo.

Download the tactic – TFF_Defence_V1

Under this tactic your team plays very frustrating possession/time wasting football. Defense is rock solid, the threat only can come to you after corners, free kicks and crosses. You are 99% protected from break through defense CC.
When to use it? You decide. For example, you are much stronger than your opponent and it’s 75 min and you lead only by 1 goal, it's a very shaky advantage, maybe it would be wise to switch for this tactic and maybe not, because it’s very frustrating to concede from corner of crazy free kick at 90 min.

Awesome stuff

hey I can not figure out how to lie SS up, so I'm writing just how it goes with my liverpool save, good enough, only played 3 games in the league, but it goes like ok I made 15 goals and has passed 3 shot at me, everyone on set pieces, but definitely the best tactic I've tried in FM14, would like to commend you for the great work you are in it, sorry for my bad english

Dunno how everyone is getting such great results but I'm doing terrible -_- Tactic is fluid with Arsenal, but teams like Sociedad, Swansea and Villa are constantly giving me a whooping :/ Even when using the best tactics around - like this one - FM still manages to troll me >.<

Even without Suarez (broken leg) and Sturridge injured in england duty - i totally trashed MONACO in the CL quarter finals away - 4-0. I wanna mention they had 3 shots total and only one hit the target :

Their line-up had James, Diego Costa, on the wings, Falcao as sole striker. Pretty impressive defence id say.

hey I can not figure out how to lie SS up, so I'm writing just how it goes with my liverpool save, good enough, only played 3 games in the league, but it goes like ok I made 15 goals and has passed 3 shot at me, everyone on set pieces, but definitely the best tactic I've tried in FM14, would like to commend you for the great work you are in it, sorry for my bad english

which version are you using?

Download the tactic - TFF_Defence_V1

When to use it? You decide. For example, you are much stronger than your opponent and it?s 75 min and you lead only by 1 goal, it's a very shaky advantage, maybe it would be wise to switch for this tactic and maybe not, because it?s very frustrating to concede from corner or crazy free kick at 90 min, as I said you decide.
I'll put it here for a while ;)

Last edited:
Maybe it's just down to me making too many transfers? How many do you guys usually limit yourselves to in the first window?

Sturridge is on his way to becoming premierships goalscorer for the third consecutive time. with three fixtures left to play he tops the table with a total of 32 goals - 26 of them in the premiership.

Annnd.. edittt : just won premierships 3 out of 3 times. :D

I've been a lurker for years, but your tactics have forced me to post.

First off, absoultly brilliant set up. Secondly, the keys for this tactical set up is pure fluidity & most important for me is getting the right player in for each role. I find dumping just any player into some of the roles can cause some issues and really not be as effiective.

Great work TTF, i'll be keeping up & feedbacking in here a lot now.