Amy Winehouse found dead

I struggle to emphasise with someone who was so destructive.

"Meh" is an interjection, often an expression of apathy, indifference, or boredom.

Yes, I know what "meh" means; it was a rhetorical question, hence the '!'. I thought that was obvious - seems not.

It's sad regardless of what you think of her. Her taking heroin or crack cocaine, whilst a poor choice, is still her choice. Doesn't change the fact that she had a life - she didn't 'deserve' to die because of her choices. If someone drinks coffee, it's still a drug that you take as your choice, doesn't mean you deserve to die.

Seriously comparing taking hard drugs (with serious risks) with people who drink coffee?

Seriously comparing taking hard drugs (with serious risks) with people who drink coffee?

It's still a chemical taken by a person to alter themselves - yes one's worse than the other but everyone knows the risk. Seriously saying 'meh' to the loss of human life because of their choice?

Tbh the amount of people who don't care because she took drugs is appauling (not specifically you) - why does taking a drug make you so bad that it outshines a death? Very close minded imo

Also the fact that you ignored the entire post and simplified my point into Heroin vs Coffee means I'll assume you agree with the majority of it.

Can't say I was a fan of her music tbh. Also, not surprised considering her lifestyle.

Did have a good voice on her though when she wasn't mullered.

Whenever listening to her songs, I would be reminded of Argyle losing as one of her songs was played everytime we lost. She had a great talent, but never used it to her advantage and sadly just wasted away her life. She knew she had to sort out her life, but never did and this is a very sad and shameful end to someone who could of been something alot bigger and better.

RIP.

and so starts the fight between the 'Zomg drugs are baed' club and the 'zomg drugs are ok/cool' club. Sigh. Surely it would be more respectful to have that debate somewhere else?

It's still a chemical taken by a person to alter themselves - yes one's worse than the other but everyone knows the risk. Seriously saying 'meh' to the loss of human life because of their choice?

Tbh the amount of people who don't care because she took drugs is appauling (not specifically you) - why does taking a drug make you so bad that it outshines a death? Very close minded imo

Stop being ridiculous.

Everything we eat/drink are chemicals we take to alter ourselves.

Also the fact that you ignored the entire post and simplified my point into Heroin vs Coffee means I'll assume you agree with the majority of it.

I disagree with everything you said

Last edited:
Addiction is a powerful thing, you have to be very naive not too see that.. Obviously drugs aren't right but its still a sad loss, RIP.

and so starts the fight between the 'Zomg drugs are baed' club and the 'zomg drugs are ok/cool' club. Sigh. Surely it would be more respectful to have that debate somewhere else?

Wasn't intentional, my apologies.

Saw this one coming. Only had herself to blame I'm afraid, but thoughts go to her family.
Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain and now Amy Winehouse. Died at 27.”
Wash your mouth out. Using Cobain and Hendrix in the same vein as Winehouse...

I wonder if people responded in the same way to Jimi Hendrix/Kurt Cobain. Both great singers, both heavily addicted to hard-core drugs, both died at 27. Just like Amy Winehouse.

Such a great rising talent, wasted it with drugs and alcohol. Caught up with her in the end unfortunately.

R.I.P.

She had it coming.. It's still a shame, but it was kind of predictable. RIP Amy!

---------- Post added at 06:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 PM ----------

Indeed ;) Also. Add Jim Morrison and Janis Joplin to that list! 27 seems to be quite the intriging age...

I wonder if people responded in the same way to Jimi Hendrix/Kurt Cobain. Both great singers, both heavily addicted to hard-core drugs, both died at 27. Just like Amy Winehouse.

Cant believe she dead, had such a unique voice, R.I.P Amy Winehouse, good talent gone :(

idiot if you had all that talent to be able to be so rich how stupid can u be

That's kinda disrespectful

What's more disrespectful? News programs completely shunning the real tragedy, the slaughter of 100 innocent Norwegian people to talk about an alcoholic junkie, or not really caring about said alcoholic junkie dying?

Saw this one coming. Only had herself to blame I'm afraid, but thoughts go to her family.Wash your mouth out. Using Cobain and Hendrix in the same vein as Winehouse...

Not me! Just a quote from Twitter :) I didn't like her or her music, but she had a very good voice and it's a shame that she died so young, just 27 at the same age as greats like Cobain and Hendrix, as you said.

Last edited:
They tried to make her go to rehab and she said no no no. And look what happend the foolish child, such a selfish woman. Huge waste of talent, thoughts to her family.

They tried to make her go to rehab and she said no no no. And look what happend the foolish child, such a selfish woman. Huge waste of talent, thoughts to her family.

Poor decision, in hindsight.