Amy Winehouse found dead

Thoughts go to her family, who will be the ones left suffering from her crass selfishness

What's more disrespectful? News programs completely shunning the real tragedy, the slaughter of 100 innocent Norwegian people to talk about an alcoholic junkie, or not really caring about said alcoholic junkie dying?

That's not really disrespectful.They're news programmes. They have to report news and there are people who want to know what happened to her.Whilst I agree that Amy Winehouse's death is nothing compared to what's happening in Norway it's the news channel's duty to report it

Tragic death but 2 albums makes her a lost talent not a great. That's not being disrespectful before the virtual moral police jump on me, she was a walking tragedy not a music great. 'In my opinion'

That's not really disrespectful.They're news programmes. They have to report news and there are people who want to know what happened to her.Whilst I agree that Amy Winehouse's death is nothing compared to what's happening in Norway it's the news channel's duty to report it

Report it yes. Make it the headline story? That's a lack of perspective on their part

Less of Hendrix level comparisons, I would compare her tragic self destructiveness to Ian Curtis. He contributed more to music/fans but on a pure self 'tragedy' level they are comparible.

Is anyone genuinely surprised that SKY NEWS has her death as the headline story? At least the BBC and other respectable outlets are keeping their attention on the real tragedy.

Even so, don't see the point in being blatantly disrespectful or saying she got what she deserved/was coming to her. Even if you didn't like her, her family - who tried to help her - deserve sympathy like anyone else. Did Jimi Hendrix deserve to die, despite an incredible career, just because he was a junkie?

Anyone remember that whole 'massacre' thing in Norway?

Well we have all learned a vital, don't do drugs, don't drop out of school and don't date Pete Doherty.

I understand its sad to people who liked her and her music, but it was going to happen sooner or later the way she was going.

Also what annoys me is that everyone i know is like "waaah waaah Amy is dead RIP" but none of them seems to say anything about Oslo, 87 innocent people killed, who didn't have a choice like her, who made her choice to take Drugs and Drink.

She's dead if you didn't read the title.

well done bright spark thats why i said how stupid can you be it was her fault she's dead no one elses so why cant i complain if i had that talent you wouldnt see me as a druggie i would make the most of the over payment she gets for singing songs to people

Well we have all learned a vital, don't do drugs, don't drop out of school and don't date Pete Doherty.

I understand its sad to people who liked her and her music, but it was going to happen sooner or later the way she was going.

Also what annoys me is that everyone i know is like "waaah waaah Amy is dead RIP" but none of them seems to say anything about Oslo, 87 innocent people killed, who didn't have a choice like her, who made her choice to take Drugs and Drink.

Plenty of people have discussed the Oslo attacks - there's a thread for it if you search. But this is a thread for Amy Winehouse - no point talking about Norway in this thread.

Is anyone genuinely surprised that SKY NEWS has her death as the headline story? At least the BBC and other respectable outlets are keeping their attention on the real tragedy.

Even so, don't see the point in being blatantly disrespectful or saying she got what she deserved/was coming to her. Even if you didn't like her, her family - who tried to help her - deserve sympathy like anyone else. Did Jimi Hendrix deserve to die, despite an incredible career, just because he was a junkie?

Exactly, people have said sympathies to her family, because it's those who suffer while she's in a drug fuelled haze. And why should talent justify hard drugs? If you take them in such quantities that there's a chance of death, you should also be prepared to deal with that. It's not accidental, it's not out of their control, they do it to themselves so it's very difficult to empathise with them. It's regretful that they choose to waste their talent and life, yes, but it's just that - regret. I don't have sympathy for a person who has essentially killed herself. Her family, yes.

Just because it's the headline story it doesn't mean that they think Winehouse is more important than Norway. It's just because it has just happened and tbh (and unfortunately) people will care more about Winehouse than the Norway attacks.

Report it yes. Make it the headline story? That's a lack of perspective on their part

Yes, I agree that the atrocities in Norway are much than Amy Winehouse's death,but they're yesterdays news now.They're finished and the culprit has been caught, so there's not anything new to report on.It is still big news but we know most of the details now. Whereas with Amy Winehouse, the news has JUST happened and no-one's certain how she died yet(probably an O.D but not confirmed)And while this is the case it will continue to be the main current news story here. In a few years people will look back at the incident in Norway and regard it as a much worse event than Amy Winehouse's death.

Yes, I agree that the atrocities in Norway are much than Amy Winehouse's death,but they're yesterdays news now.They're finished and the culprit has been caught, so there's not anything new to report on.It is still big news but we know most of the details now. Whereas with Amy Winehouse, the news has JUST happened and no-one's certain how she died yet(probably an O.D but not confirmed)And while this is the case it will continue to be the main current news story here. In a few years people will look back at the incident in Norway and regard it as a much worse event than Amy Winehouse's death.

Yesterdays news? They dont know why he did it, they havent found everyone, there are still victims in hospital, and they are pretty sure there is a second gunman. How the **** is that yesterdays news? We actually know few of the details.

well done bright spark thats why i said how stupid can you be it was her fault she's dead no one elses so why cant i complain if i had that talent you wouldnt see me as a druggie i would make the most of the over payment she gets for singing songs to people

You're obviously not too much of a bright spark if you call dead people idiots.

Yesterdays news? They dont know why he did it, they havent found everyone, there are still victims in hospital, and they are pretty sure there is a second gunman. How the **** is that yesterdays news? We actually know few of the details.

Well compared to this it's yesterdays news.It would still be the main news if it wasn't for this. It is bigger news but the news channels have to report the most recent stuff.