An [Amateur] Tactician's Chalkboard for FM11

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 694
  • Views Views 453K
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi i have been having trouble uploading my tactics on here so i have started my own web page come have a look
Football managers - Home

Don't post that on here please, it's not for advertising.

Thanks for directing me to this thread Nick. Looking at your instructions for Song and Wilshere as Central Midfielders they both have run from deep set to often. I am thinking that this would cause a problem in central midfield because they might both go forward at the same time. I was thinking of playing Song as the ball winning midfielder defend and Wilshere as the advance playmaker support.

With Sagna allowed roaming from position would this not cause gaps at the back

Yes, you're right, it may pose as a problem, but their mentalities differ, and with them playing in a midfield pivot then it's less likely to happen. Also, their attributes comfort them not always venturing forward. In a midfield pivot, regardless of Running From Deep, one of them will always stay back and pose as a holding midfielder ahead of the defensive line as the other goes forward to join the attack. And again, if you switch off the midfield pivot, I would see that playing them on a BWM-AP combination is not a bad idea.

As for Sagna, I would assume so, but it is dependent on their Mentality and Creative Freedom slider. If the Creative Freedom slider is around mid-way and the Mentality slider is a click into Attacking, he should not leave gaps at the back. And even if, Song and the two other central defenders would cover for him whilst he got back to defend.

I have PSP version.

Hey I'm new to this forum and I got the game a week ago but I have read all your articles and they're very good. However, my problem is that I have Football Manager 2011 for PSP and not my PS3! I can't implement the tactics that I have gained from your articles as in depth as I would tike to and I always fall short in the game because of that. So I have a few questions :

Is there another forum for PSP users ?

I cannot replicate the modern 442 with Manchester United so should switch to a formation such as 433 ? I want top play possession football by the way.

What training schedules increase Technical Mental and Physical attributes respectively ? Specifically how do I increase strength, because their is no weight training in my game ?

Is a 4411 an ideal formation formation to play possession football or is it better suited to counter attacking play?

I really hope I get an answer soon. Thanks. :)

Don't post that on here please, it's not for advertising.

Yes, you're right, it may pose as a problem, but their mentalities differ, and with them playing in a midfield pivot then it's less likely to happen. Also, their attributes comfort them not always venturing forward. In a midfield pivot, regardless of Running From Deep, one of them will always stay back and pose as a holding midfielder ahead of the defensive line as the other goes forward to join the attack. And again, if you switch off the midfield pivot, I would see that playing them on a BWM-AP combination is not a bad idea.

As for Sagna, I would assume so, but it is dependent on their Mentality and Creative Freedom slider. If the Creative Freedom slider is around mid-way and the Mentality slider is a click into Attacking, he should not leave gaps at the back. And even if, Song and the two other central defenders would cover for him whilst he got back to defend.

Thanks Nick.
Would you recommend a ball playing defender and limited defender partnership for vermalean and koscielny like the one you have for hummels and subotnic on your dortmund thread. I was thinking of using Vermalean as the ball playing defender and Koscielny as the limited defender. However I am a little unsure about Koscielny because he does not seem like your typical limited defender he is not tall and does not seem to have great strenght and some of his mental attributes are not great. My other options for the role would be christopher samba or per mersacker. What would you recommend

Hey I'm new to this forum and I got the game a week ago but I have read all your articles and they're very good. However, my problem is that I have Football Manager 2011 for PSP and not my PS3! I can't implement the tactics that I have gained from your articles as in depth as I would tike to and I always fall short in the game because of that. So I have a few questions :

Is there another forum for PSP users ?

I cannot replicate the modern 442 with Manchester United so should switch to a formation such as 433 ? I want top play possession football by the way.

What training schedules increase Technical Mental and Physical attributes respectively ? Specifically how do I increase strength, because their is no weight training in my game ?

Is a 4411 an ideal formation formation to play possession football or is it better suited to counter attacking play?

I really hope I get an answer soon. Thanks. :)

1. There is a PSP Handheld section on this forum that caters to players such as yourself here.
  2. I would rather stick with the 4-4-2. Since I have never touched the PSP version of Football Manager, I don't know how else to direct you. Apologies.
  3. Technical attributes are through Ball Control, Attacking, Defending and Shooting respectively. Mental are through Tactics, Attacking and Defending. Physical are Strength and Aerobic. I may be wrong because, again, I've never played the handheld version.
  4. The 4-4-1-1 is much better suited with counter-attacking, but can also be used for possession football. Mainly counter-attacking, however.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Thanks Nick.
Would you recommend a ball playing defender and limited defender partnership for vermalean and koscielny like the one you have for hummels and subotnic on your dortmund thread. I was thinking of using Vermalean as the ball playing defender and Koscielny as the limited defender. However I am a little unsure about Koscielny because he does not seem like your typical limited defender he is not tall and does not seem to have great strenght and some of his mental attributes are not great. My other options for the role would be christopher samba or per mersacker. What would you recommend

It would be the other way round. Vermaelen is your typical strong, tall, no-nonsense defender that benefits from the Limited Defender role. Koscielny is composed, cool and can clear the ball, as well as get forward when he feels best. I would disregard the purchases of Samba and Mertesacker, as they are both Limited Defenders in that respect, and thus only giving further unecessary competition for Vermaelen.

Despite this, I recommend creating your own schedule to improve Koscielny's attacking attributes and therefore being better equipped for the Ball Playing Defender role. He isn't a great passer of the ball, and doesn't have great technical attributes either.

1. There is a PSP Handheld section on this forum that caters to players such as yourself here.
  2. I would rather stick with the 4-4-2. Since I have never touched the PSP version of Football Manager, I don't know how else to direct you. Apologies.
  3. Technical attributes are through Ball Control, Attacking, Defending and Shooting respectively. Mental are through Tactics, Attacking and Defending. Physical are Strength and Aerobic. I may be wrong because, again, I've never played the handheld version.
  4. The 4-4-1-1 is much better suited with counter-attacking, but can also be used for possession football. Mainly counter-attacking, however.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

It would be the other way round. Vermaelen is your typical strong, tall, no-nonsense defender that benefits from the Limited Defender role. Koscielny is composed, cool and can clear the ball, as well as get forward when he feels best. I would disregard the purchases of Samba and Mertesacker, as they are both Limited Defenders in that respect, and thus only giving further unecessary competition for Vermaelen.

Despite this, I recommend creating your own schedule to improve Koscielny's attacking attributes and therefore being better equipped for the Ball Playing Defender role. He isn't a great passer of the ball, and doesn't have great technical attributes either.

Thanks again Nick

Could you recommend amy ball playing defenders that have the right skill sets that can come in and start playing. I have downloaded a training calculator tool which was created by pompey dan. The training calculator can create specifc training schedule for the team

Thanks again Nick

Could you recommend amy ball playing defenders that have the right skill sets that can come in and start playing. I have downloaded a training calculator tool which was created by pompey dan. The training calculator can create specifc training schedule for the team

• Liam Ridgwell
  • Emir Spahic
  • Jan Vertonghen
  • Jonas Olsson
  • Scott Dann
  • Gary Cahill
They are not direct ball-playing defenders, but according to the game filter, they are good enough with individual training.

Thanks alot, it seems the game design and interface varies greatly between PS3 and PSP because I can only administer Attacking, Defending, Technical, General, Fitness and Goalkeeping training to my players.
These schedules each are then divided into Attacking, Defending, Technical, Motivational and Fitness training and you set the intensity for each broad training schedule.
Example: On attacking you would attacking as the intense, fitness general, defending
light etc.

But thanks anyway. I'll ask my dad for FM 2012 hopefully for my PS3 this christmas.

• Liam Ridgwell
  • Emir Spahic
  • Jan Vertonghen
  • Jonas Olsson
  • Scott Dann
  • Gary Cahill
They are not direct ball-playing defenders, but according to the game filter, they are good enough with individual training.

Thanks Nick.
I think the shortlist is now down to Cahill and Vertonghen. Cahill is quicker he has 14 pace but Vertonghen has pace of 12. I am worry about Vertonghen pace because I am going to play a high defensive line with a heavy pressing game Who would you recommend out of the two.

Thanks Nick.
I think the shortlist is now down to Cahill and Vertonghen. Cahill is quicker he has 14 pace but Vertonghen has pace of 12. I am worry about Vertonghen pace because I am going to play a high defensive line with a heavy pressing game Who would you recommend out of the two.

Cahill. Cheaper (6 mil ish) and better imo. Check out Madjid Bougherra and Toby Alderweireld too.

So,one more question:when using a target man,what approach would u suggest?a possesion-based football or mostly playing with counter attacks?

Hey man, really interesting guide. I was wandering if you know if it is better to get a guy who scouts rank as say 3.5*s over a guy ranked 3*s if the one who has 3*s has better stats for that position ie a centre back with really high heading, tackling, marking, ect

So,one more question:when using a target man,what approach would u suggest?a possesion-based football or mostly playing with counter attacks?

Either works. The target man is versatile, and can adapt to almost all types of tactical setups.

Hey man, really interesting guide. I was wandering if you know if it is better to get a guy who scouts rank as say 3.5*s over a guy ranked 3*s if the one who has 3*s has better stats for that position ie a centre back with really high heading, tackling, marking, ect

Yes, it would be a much cleverer option, as you can then build on it and make them better than the player rated three and a half stars by your scout.

Yes, it would be a much cleverer option, as you can then build on it and make them better than the player rated three and a half stars by your scout.

Sorry, im not sure how that was worded lol. So in this case a 3* player with good stats for the position is better than the 3.5* player with not as good stats for the position?

Thanks

I'm completely new to this, so please don't judge me if I ask stupid questions.

Okay I play a 4-3-3 Chelsea, Neymar - Torres - Anelka. Will I be able to use the Modern Center Forward tactic with torres? And will he score goals? If not what should I do with him?

Okay I play a 4-3-3 Chelsea, Neymar - Torres - Anelka. Will I be able to use the Modern Center Forward tactic with torres? And will he score goals? If not what should I do with him?

Playing the Torres as a Modern Center Forward is a good fit, its how he plays with the Spanish national side. Now will he score goals? When was the last time he scored for Spain, or for Chelsea that is without the help of a puddle. Apart from his real life form, he will score goals but he will play in your other forwards more. I wouldn't expect him to lead your team in goals but he will pick up a lot of assists.

Sorry, im not sure how that was worded lol. So in this case a 3* player with good stats for the position is better than the 3.5* player with not as good stats for the position?

Thanks

Precisely. But it also depends on their age. Defenders peak at the start of 27, so if he has 25/26, it would be even better.

Playing the Torres as a Modern Center Forward is a good fit, its how he plays with the Spanish national side. Now will he score goals? When was the last time he scored for Spain, or for Chelsea that is without the help of a puddle. Apart from his real life form, he will score goals but he will play in your other forwards more. I wouldn't expect him to lead your team in goals but he will pick up a lot of assists.

This. Service to him through a winger or an attacking midfielder would help too.

nice thread Nick, but seems like there is no way to create a formation with the modern target man with a second striker on AMC, like Nolan and Carroll at newcastle before, it dont work at all, try to create one? :P

btw, why the modern target man run from deep has been set as rarely?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back