An [Amateur] Tactician's Chalkboard for FM11

• Thread starter Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 694
  • Views Views 453K
Status
Not open for further replies.
nice thread Nick, but seems like there is no way to create a formation with the modern target man with a second striker on AMC, like Nolan and Carroll at newcastle before, it dont work at all, try to create one? :P

btw, why the modern target man run from deep has been set as rarely?

It is possible. In fact, it's why it works. If Dexter Blackstock and Robert Earnshaw can do it so well as Nottingham Forest, then why can't it work on here? It's also a clinical partnership. The 'modern Target Man's runs from deep are set to rarely for the reason that they don't drop deep into midfield. They are supposed to stay up front at all times and have the ball come to them, rather than the other way round.

It is possible. In fact, it's why it works. If Dexter Blackstock and Robert Earnshaw can do it so well as Nottingham Forest, then why can't it work on here? It's also a clinical partnership. The 'modern Target Man's runs from deep are set to rarely for the reason that they don't drop deep into midfield. They are supposed to stay up front at all times and have the ball come to them, rather than the other way round.
What i understand the run from deep for a striker doesnt mean the striker will firstly go back then go front, it means when the striker is in a deeper position, he will instantly make forward run.

What i understand the run from deep for a striker doesnt mean the striker will firstly go back then go front, it means when the striker is in a deeper position, he will instantly make forward run.

Exactly. So I am trying to prevent that by limiting that and stopping it from happening in the first place. He stays there at all times.

Exactly. So I am trying to prevent that by limiting that and stopping it from happening in the first place. He stays there at all times.
no...
i think if run from deep is rarely for the striker means he will stay deep to help the midfield

no...
i think if run from deep is rarely for the striker means he will stay deep to help the midfield

No. If he's not there in the first place, then it can't happen - so therefore it's set to Rarely.

bro.. all this documentation can provide us the pdf or word to let us dl?? gracias amigo!

Instead of arguing, why don't somebody prove how does run from deep actually work? To me it sounds stupid that it makes him first drop to deep, then run forward. Altough it could be possible that this was the case in earlier patches, where poacher and adv. forward had run from deep rarely, in the latest patch they have it on often.

Why doesn't robing2g set his target man's run from deep to often and see what type of movement it produces and whether it is similar to the actual movement of a player like Jones.

iNickstuff, if possible could you please try, when you get time, to re-create the busquets role in FM?
Where he drops deep into a 3-man defensive line, when the wingbacks are rushing forward etc.

I know you got alot of stuff to do, but i just thought about this and thought id ask u

iNickstuff, if possible could you please try, when you get time, to re-create the busquets role in FM?
Where he drops deep into a 3-man defensive line, when the wingbacks are rushing forward etc.

I know you got alot of stuff to do, but i just thought about this and thought id ask u

Actually he to defensive line quite rarely, altough he stays quite deep. Just put him to anchor man with defensive mentality and you should be fine, in you really want him to act like a 3rd CB then use 3 CBs and Busquets in the middle as ball playing defender - stopper with high mentality and closing down.

74524-albums705-170628.jpg

Stretford End Project: 2010-11 Manchester United Database [Preliminary]

• The first version of the 2010-11 Manchester United database, consisting changes to the default Football Manager 11.3 database.
  • Changelist that includes current and potential ability changes, minor attribute changes and addings of Player Preferred Movements.
  • Preliminary database now available for public download.

The season is coming to a close, there is one game left in Manchester United's season and the 1-1 draw with Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park sealed the Red Devils' nineteenth league title to overtake Liverpool's standing record of eighteen, as well as have a game left to celebrate - at home to Blackpool. There is also the matter of facing F.C. Barcelona in the UEFA Champions League final at Wembley Stadium, commencing in two weeks from now on 28th May, with hopes of wrapping up the season in style with a third Champions League trophy for Sir Alex and a fourth in the club's history. But Barca stand in the way of SAF's men, as well as hoping to repeat the history of the 2009 UEFA Champions League final, where Manchester United were defeated.

But, with that has also come the starts of the Stretford End Project, and looking over at what has been done in Manchester United's season, adding it into the game and making added editor files, as well as tactics available to the public. To kick things off, I have started on the database that will come along with the Stretford End Project, consisting of multiple changes in the Manchester United first-team and club. But this is not as extensive as other, and so therefore will take name of it being a preliminary database.

Downloading the database

74524-albums705-170633.png

Now, primarily before you actually get to try out the database, you need to know where to put it and how. For those who don't know, here are some small steps to show you. When you start a new game, you are often given the chance to play between patches that have been released by Sports Interactive over a course of time. Right now, we're at the stage, with Football Manager 2011, where all three have been released, so we make sure that the 11.3 patch is selected, as shown in the picture above. Editor data files are basically files that are added to the game by one's self through the game's self-installed Editor programme, or downloaded off FM-Base itself. This can range from added leagues that are not available on the game itself by default, to nations, players and coaches, to even comprehensive projects like a world league. Press 'Confirm' when done.

For this, however, you must click on 11.3 for it to work.

74524-albums705-170634.png

After selecting the database, 11.3, below the top bar you will find a tab called 'Select Editor Data Files' where you will find a range of editor files that you have created yourself or downloaded off Football Manager sites or file hosts - such as FM-Base. The ones ticked are the ones that will appear in your game, whereas the ones unticked will not. When you find this, you must click on the '2010-11 Manchester..' file for it to be activated and in your game. This is a screenshot of mine currently, with self-made editor files to add real competition names, databases and kit changes. Once done, press 'Confirm' at the bottom right of the screen.

[To download editor files, place them in the following folder
(My) Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2011/editor data/] and they will appear. You cannot, unfortunately, add a database and continue a current save. You must make a new save and then add it to your current select, add the nations, and start again.

I have made changes of the club and to the players that are in it, and so which I can then add to when I get the time. But for now, here is the changelist:

Club changelist:

• Attacking formation: 4-3-3 > 4-2-4
  • Directness: 9 > 11
  • Pressing: 15 > 14
  • Sitting back: 10 > 11
  • Tempo: 14 > 12
Sir Alex's favour for a much more relaxed Manchester United team this year was much evident, looking back to the 4-4-2 following the departures of Carlos Tevez and Cristiano Ronaldo from the club, meaning that their attacking options weren't as great as they once were. Despite adding Mexican forward Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez to the club's attacking ranks, it still doesn't seem as familiar as it was to the squad in the 2007-08 season, where Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo compromised of a fluid front three. Nani have been preferred as the starting wingers over a course of time, despite a long-term injury to the Ecuadorian winger that kept him out for the rest of the season, whilst Fletcher and Carrick were fielded in the middle, rotating with the veteraned Paul Scholes.

Defensively, Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic have been called upon once again to do their jobs at the back, with the infamous central defensive relationship between the two respective international skippers, with the inclusion of the Brazilian twins in Rafael and Fabio on occassions where Patrice Evra, Jonny Evans and John O'Shea were unavailable or were second-fiddle. Fabio has played a regular role at right back towards the end of the season whilst Rafael looks on, but both have been given time on the field as they develop into potentially great full backs in the future.

Player changelist:

Goal Keepers:

Edwin van der Sar:

• PA: 180 > 166
Tomasz Kuszczak:

• CA: 140 > 137
  • PA: 144 > 140

Defenders:

Nemanja Vidic:

• PA: 178 > 182
  • CA: 176 > 178
  • Aggression: 18 > 19
  • Work Rate: 15 > 16
  • Pressure: 14 > 15
  • Influence: 16 > 17
  • 'Dives into Tackles' ticked

Rio Ferdinand:

• 'Strained knee ligaments' injury end date changed to 1.7.2010 (Not injured currently)

Wes Brown:

• 'Stays back at all times' ticked

Patrice Evra:

• CA: 171 > 170
  • PA: 172 > 171
  • Position: Attacking Midfielder (Left) > 8
  • Position: Wing Back (Left) > 17
  • 'Hugs Line' ticked

Fabio:

• CA: 126 > 130
  • 'Hugs Line' ticked

Rafael:

• CA: 150 > 157
  • PA: 170 > 172
  • 'Argues with officials' ticked

Midfielders:

Michael Carrick:

• Passing: 18 > 16
  • Long shots: 13 > 12
  • Dribbling: 7 > 8
  • Finishing: 11 > 9
  • 'Does not dive into tackles' ticked

Darren Fletcher:

• Crossing: 15 > 13

Ryan Giggs:

• CA: 156 > 152 (Getting older, needed downgrading)
  • Position: Midfielder (Centre) > 16
  • 'Runs with ball through centre' ticked (Reflects his newly-adapted central midfield position)
  • 'Arrives late in opposition area' ticked

Darron Gibson:

• PA: 150 > 154

Nani:

• CA: 163 > 166
  • PA: 174 > 178
  • Long shots: 15 > 14
  • Penalty taking: 15 > 13
  • 'Knocks ball past opponent'

Antonio Valencia:

• CA: 155 > 157
  • PA: 163 > 164
  • Determination: 12 > 14
  • Injury Proneness: 6 > 7
  • 'Hugs line' ticked

Anderson:

• 'Damaged cruciate ligaments' injury end date changed to 1.7.2010 (Not injured currently)

Forwards:

Wayne Rooney:

• CA: 178 > 163 (Reflects his lack of goals and poor form at start of season)
  • PA: 184 > 182
  • Pressure: 14 > 9
  • Professionalism: 14 > 12
  • 'Tries long range passes' ticked (Playing a deeper role, has started to put in more long passes)
  • 'Shoots from distance' ticked

Javier Hernandez:

• CA: 148 > 153
  • Position: Attacking Midfielder (Left) > 6
  • Teamwork: 10 > 12
  • Work rate: 13 > 14
  • Dribbling: 11 > 12
  • Heading: 16 > 14 (Find it quite unrealistic)
  • 'Moves into channels' ticked
  • 'Places shots' ticked

Dimitar Berbatov:

• PA: 170 > 168
  • Work rate: 10 > 11
  • Flair: 18 > 16 (Find it quite unrealistic)
  • 'Plays one-two's' ticked
  • Heading: 12 > 13

This is accustomed to the Manchester United team only. I have not changed anything other than Manchester United's club traits and the players of whom play for the club. The changelist above is what I have done and nothing else has been changed. Those of whom who know where the Editor is and wish to edit it to their own preferences are able to do so, but however, it will not be published alongside the Stretford End Project in the following later versions. This is not a final version. There will be many more in the distant future.

I would also like to give huge credit to Mantralux and her giving me the inspiration to imitate her great work to represent Arsenal from real-life into Football Manager from the head down. I cannot do the same, but I am trying my best and would like to thank her for doing so. Despite it being on Football Manager 2010, the work put into it is tremendous and looks fantastic. I'm sure Arsenal enthusiasts would feel the same, so thanks to her.

View attachment 170639

Could you tell me some young talents (under 21) who could play as a 'modern Centre Forward?
Or if there isn't any, youngsters who has potential to play there (decent attributes and some training with your schedule)

Could you tell me some young talents (under 21) who could play as a 'modern Centre Forward?
Or if there isn't any, youngsters who has potential to play there (decent attributes and some training with your schedule)

Have no idea. Would rather you just find decent strikers that can play primarily as an Advanced Forward and get them scouted. Haven't looked to that. Maybe Romelu Lukaku and Khoumana Boubacar, but that's as far as I can go really.

RE: Stretford End Project -

Possibly make Valencia a competent right back?
Wayne Rooney to 'cuts inside' ? (When he gets possession on the left, he rarely goes down the line)
I'd also say Hernandez work rate could be even higher. Also, not sure what his off the ball rating is, but it should probably be his best attribute

RE: Stretford End Project -

Possibly make Valencia a competent right back?
Wayne Rooney to 'cuts inside' ? (When he gets possession on the left, he rarely goes down the line)
I'd also say Hernandez work rate could be even higher. Also, not sure what his off the ball rating is, but it should probably be his best attribute

In regards to your suggestions:

• Wouldn't really be wise to make Valencia a competent right back because firstly he hasn't played in that position, primarily since he joined Manchester United or even at Wigan and secondly making him competent would change his positional outset to RB, AM/R, rather than just AM, R or AM/R.
  • Rooney doesn't cut inside from either wing enough to justify that it is a preferred movement. He drops deep into the midfield and defence, and then moves into the channels across. He comes onto the inside to pass or run across the opposition defence, but it's not always on the ball that he does it.
  • I may change Hernandez's work rate, his Off-the-Ball attribute rating is 16. Think it's high enough, but it will be considered.

In regards to your suggestions:

• Wouldn't really be wise to make Valencia a competent right back because firstly he hasn't played in that position, primarily since he joined Manchester United or even at Wigan and secondly making him competent would change his positional outset to RB, AM/R, rather than just AM, R or AM/R.
  • Rooney doesn't cut inside from either wing enough to justify that it is a preferred movement. He drops deep into the midfield and defence, and then moves into the channels across. He comes onto the inside to pass or run across the opposition defence, but it's not always on the ball that he does it.
  • I may change Hernandez's work rate, his Off-the-Ball attribute rating is 16. Think it's high enough, but it will be considered.

Maybe competent is too high, but Valencia can clearly play there and has done to good effect when asked, particularly away at Chelsea and again on saturday. Whenever Rooney gets the ball on the left in an advanced position, he cuts inside and looks for a shot or to switch the play. If you can warrant giving him 'shoots from distance' then he could easily have 'cuts inside'. It's just a shame that you cannot specify which side he does it from

Maybe competent is too high, but Valencia can clearly play there and has done to good effect when asked, particularly away at Chelsea and again on saturday. Whenever Rooney gets the ball on the left in an advanced position, he cuts inside and looks for a shot or to switch the play. If you can warrant giving him 'shoots from distance' then he could easily have 'cuts inside'. It's just a shame that you cannot specify which side he does it from

Yes, but those were when players were unavailable to fill out those positions. He wasn't starting at right back. On Saturday, Fabio was substituted for Paul Scholes, which then led to Valencia dropping into right back. Awkward, at best, would probably fit. And as for Rooney, that can be altered through Player Instructions, rather than through a Player Preferred Movement. He, as he comes deep for the ball, will cut inside from whichever flank he is on and then pass or shoot - wherever he is. Shooting from distance can be warranted because he does it a lot more often, but is overlooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back