An [Amateur] Tactician's Chalkboard for FM11

• Thread starter iNickStuff
  • Start date
  • Replies 694
  • Views 450K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright i'll use Carrick. Cause Defour not my first team. thx bro for the answer and the article about box to box pm. Maybe you can recommend young box to box pm ? what about Rodwell ??

you'd have to boost his dribbling, again he is more the traditional box-to-box mid, Ganso would be perfect for the position and would just get better and better with correct training.

What is the difference between the the modern center forward set up and the Second Striker (in the AMC spot) setup?

They play similar roles and even take up similar areas of the pitch when looking at the analysis screen.

i have ganso in my squad already. alright, this box to box pm must good and dribbling ?? how about i make run with ball sometimes ?? thank you dude.

Absolutely adored the Fullback and Complete Forward articles, and I'm thinking of making Tevez a Complete Forward for the next upcoming season. Think that would work?

if you have ganso play him as box to box playmaker, fiddle with the dribbling if you like but he could deal with often

Absolutely adored the Fullback and Complete Forward articles, and I'm thinking of making Tevez a Complete Forward for the next upcoming season. Think that would work?

Yeah, that would work. His Work Rate and Determination attributes very much compliment the role. Try it.

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

What is the difference between the the modern center forward set up and the Second Striker (in the AMC spot) setup?

They play similar roles and even take up similar areas of the pitch when looking at the analysis screen.

The difference is minimal, but the effects are far different. Their set-ups have a large closing down and moderate mentality, but overall one drops deep and fills up the space on the wings, whilst the other attacks and acts as a second striker - as the name suggests.

I'm just having difficulty with my italian formation.

I've got loads of young good strikers, but don't know what to do with them.

Do I play:

St-----St
---am (Amc as a second striker)

or

---ST
Am--AM (both amc as SS)

Problem is most of my young strikers don't play AM and therefore don't do well despite being essentially a striker. But I like having the 2 AMs roaming around eating space. If I play 3 strikers up front while dropping 2 of them back as far as possible, it still doesn't have the same affect as two AMs acting as second strikers.

I'm just having difficulty with my italian formation.

I've got loads of young good strikers, but don't know what to do with them.

Do I play:

St-----St
---am (Amc as a second striker)

or

---ST
Am--AM (both amc as SS)

Problem is most of my young strikers don't play AM and therefore don't do well despite being essentially a striker. But I like having the 2 AMs roaming around eating space. If I play 3 strikers up front while dropping 2 of them back as far as possible, it still doesn't have the same affect as two AMs acting as second strikers.

Having one Second Striker should be enough. The other two will work off one other and feed chances. Much like Robinho and Pato at A.C. Milan and Kevin Prince-Boateng in-behind as a supplementary striker.

The problem is, for whatever reason Jack Wilshere (my AMC/Second Striker) averages a position on the field right beside the other 2 MCs.

Now he does have "comes deep to get ball" which probably affects that. However when I tried play with him at AMCr with a STc and a STL he didn't drop as deep (I assume he went wider to find space)

Hi NickStuff,
Its been a while since i had wrote any post in this tread, the last time it was because of A.C. Milan and my obsession of emulating them, and thanks to your help i was ebale of doing so.
Now i was just wondering if i could ask some questions regarding my favourite team, Sporting C.P, from the portugues league (Liga Zon Sagres). I dont know if you have any thougths of the team, or if you have ever heard of them, but we (Sporting, not me, lol) have been reenforcing our squad whit some new palyers, 13!!! at the last check, (14, whit the eventual signing of Jeffren from Barça) and whit the signing of a new coach, Domingos Paciência, former manager of SC Braga that went to the Final of the Europa League, the expectations are high this year. From what i can tell they are playing an attacking game, whit high pressure and quick transitions, playing in a "block" when not in possesion of the ball, in a sort of 4-1-3-2, whit wingers, and a DMF and CM.
I was just wondering if you had any tips on how i can translate this in the ME, and any other suggestions would be great.
Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your contribution of this game, called football manager, that we all like.
P.S.advertisement- poor english...sorry

Why don't you add the messi role from iaffles thread in here? Of course you should ask him first but just an idea..

iNickStuff Do you know how to keep a poacher as central as possible like Van Nistelrooy. I'm tired of my poachers drifting out wide and missing good chances

Why don't you add the messi role from iaffles thread in here? Of course you should ask him first but just an idea..

Because it is his thing, altough I can't see why he didn't post all those roles here in the first place.

Hi NickStuff,

Its been a while since i had wrote any post in this tread, the last time it was because of A.C. Milan and my obsession of emulating them, and thanks to your help i was ebale of doing so.

Now i was just wondering if i could ask some questions regarding my favourite team, Sporting C.P, from the portugues league (Liga Zon Sagres). I dont know if you have any thougths of the team, or if you have ever heard of them, but we (Sporting, not me, lol) have been reenforcing our squad whit some new palyers, 13!!! at the last check, (14, whit the eventual signing of Jeffren from Barça) and whit the signing of a new coach, Domingos Paciência, former manager of SC Braga that went to the Final of the Europa League, the expectations are high this year.

From what i can tell they are playing an attacking game, whit high pressure and quick transitions, playing in a "block" when not in possesion of the ball, in a sort of 4-1-3-2, whit wingers, and a DMF and CM.

I was just wondering if you had any tips on how i can translate this in the ME, and any other suggestions would be great.
Sorry for all the questions and thanks for your contribution of this game, called football manager, that we all like.
P.S.advertisement- poor english...sorry

I have most definitely heard of them before. In fact I played as them on Football Manager recently but only for a short while because it was just to test ou tht 4-1-3-2 formation. In real-life however, I am not a strong follower.

I would believe that their formation is similar to that of Jorge Jesus at Benfica, when Di Maria and Luiz were still players at the club and the trio of Aimar - Saviola - Cardozo was their working force. With this however, the wingers stay out wide and the CM is made to be the central playmaker that stays deeper than what Aimar did do for Benfica.

Playing with a Fluid philosophy with an Attacking strategy can be a starting point, alongside Direct Passing, More Expressive Creative Freedom and if it suits, Man Marking. Zonal can work too but it's an idea.

We don't work in tandem. Just like me and The Better Half. She works on her own tactics and projects. All of us just make our own tactics, articles, guides (etc.) independently but sometimes ask for advice from one another.

iNickStuff Do you know how to keep a poacher as central as possible like Van Nistelrooy. I'm tired of my poachers drifting out wide and missing good chances

I believe it'd be similar to the 'modern Target Man instructions. Removing 'Moves into Channels', whilst limiting Creative Freedom, increasing the Attacking mentality, shortening the Passing range and lastly removing both 'Run With Ball' and 'Run From Deep' (or basically putting them to Rarely)

They will have to stay in their position, play on the shoulder of the last defender and genuinely wait for the chance to get into position. An alternative is to reduce the Attacking Mentality, and put it to the middle of the slider. I am unsure or what effect that will bring however.

Also bear in mind that Player Preferred Moves also effect whether he (Ruud van Nistelrooy) will still drift wide.

Because it is his thing, although I can't see why he didn't post all those roles here in the first place.

Yes, as mentioned before. We just don't post each other's work on our own threads. Maybe via permission, but generally we don't/won't do that.

Thanks for the quick reply.
Just one last question, do you feel that the TC right know his suficient to make (real) tactic, i mean, to replicate what we do see in a real pitch, or do you feel that it is necessary to tweak and change the orginal TC?

Thanks for the quick reply.
Just one last question, do you feel that the TC right now is sufficient to make a (real) tactic? I mean, to replicate what we do see in a real pitch, or do you feel that it is necessary to tweak and change the orginal TC?

There is a necessity, but not a large one. It is at the moment, a decent standard and does not require many changes. People are encouraged, sometimes, to change it but at the moment it is at a steady standard.

thanks, i sometimes feel that the TC his letting me down, i dont know, maybe it is the frustration of not achieving a certain concept of play, anyway thanks.
Do you have any thougts about "creating space" in FM, since have been reading some things about it, and i was just curious of your interpretation on FM terms.
Its about whidt and dept?or something else?

Is there an article that talks about exploring spaces behind the defence with short through passes?

Status
Not open for further replies.