An Englishman Abroad.....

• Thread starter Thread starter AndySams10
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 127
  • Views Views 16K
Status
Not open for further replies.
thats just wrong what do you think will happen if you dont go up?

Not sure mate, maybe a change of club or I may request a new contract. Will be playing Play Off Final abit later.
Cheers mate. (H)

Good luck for the play-off mate! ;)

Cheers buddy. What do u think I should do if I don't get offered a new contract? Find another team or request contract?
Want to keep this save going for a long time and see what I can achieve over many seasons.
Just looking for some ideas on where to take the story. :)

Cheers buddy. What do u think I should do if I don't get offered a new contract? Find another team or request contract?
Want to keep this save going for a long time and see what I can achieve over many seasons.
Just looking for some ideas on where to take the story. :)

I'd look for another job mate - make it interesting i.e travelling etc. Just my opinion though! :)

I'd look for another job mate - make it interesting i.e travelling etc. Just my opinion though! :)

Yeah that's what I'm thinking of, got a few countries loaded so may go to one of them or may see what happens after Final, would be cool to get another promotion under my belt, help get more job options.

Thanks for idea buddy.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking of, got a few countries loaded so may go to one of them or may see what happens after Final, would be cool to get another promotion under my belt, help get more job options.

Thanks for idea buddy.

Not a bother mate - sounds like a good idea. I'll keep checking back to see how you do

November 2013(cont...)

100px-Follo_fotball.png

First Division Play Off Final - 1st Leg
Wednesday 20th November 2013
Skagerak Arena. Att: 5,435

Odd Vs Follo FK

images

*** Kick Off ***

11th Min - CHANCE - Odd break down the left, Rashani crosses, but Andersen Aase heads
over from 2 yards.

35th Min - CHANCE - From a Follo FK corner, Odd's Adem Guven picks the ball up on the halfway
line, beats 3 defenders, cuts in on goal and from 12 yards blazes the ball over the bar.

45th +1 Min - GOAL - Odd get the break through, when the dangerous Adem Guven plays a one two
with Andersen Aase and from 25 yards Guven rifles the ball into the net.

*** Half Time ***

69th Min - CHANCE - Odd's Andersen Aase breaks the offside trap, but shoots wide in one on one situation.
Poor miss.

90th + 2 Min - GOAL - Follo FK are awarded a free kick 20 yards from goal. Patrik Karoliussen steps up,
he strikes the ball over the wall and it rashes against the post and in off the hapless keeper.

*** Full Time ***

Odd (1 - 1) Follo FK

A huge let off tonight, as we didn't deserve the draw, but as any good Manager knows they will take any positive result and as it means we are still in the tie heading into the 2nd leg, I will definately take the draw.
Unfortunately key central defender and captain Havard Andreasson will miss the 2nd leg through suspension. Havard's loss will be a massive blow, as he has been outstanding this season. Also, missing out again with suspension is young talent Stefanos Leivadiotis, though he hasn't been a regular, his energy and flair from midfield will be an option I will be without from the bench.

November 2013(cont...)

100px-Follo_fotball.png

First Division Play Off Final - 2nd Leg
Saturday 23rd November 2013
Ski Stadion. Att: 1,265

Follo FK vs Odd

images

*** Kick Off ***

23rd Min - GOAL - FK Follo take the lead in the game and on aggregate, as Oystein Vestvatn's
cross finds Eirik Markegard who scores from close range.

*** Half Time ***

78th Min - SAVE - Odd's Kleiven rides 2 challenges and the ball finds its way to the dangerous Adem
Guven, who then runs towards goal before unleashing a powerful effort, which is
spectacularly saved by Frode Larsen

85th Min - GOAL - Odd get awarded a very dubious free kick just inside the Follo FK half. It's taken quickly
and the ball somehow gets to Adem Guven, he shoots from 20 yards and the keeper saves, but can't hold on and Guven
scores into the empty net.

*** Extra Time ***

117th Min - GOAL - Robin Rasch lines up a free kick for Follo FK on the edge of the area.
He takes a deep breath and curls the ball beyond the outstretched keeper and into the net for his 1st ever
goal for the club.

*** Full Time - Extra Time ***

Follo FK (2 - 1) Odd
Follo FK win 3 - 2 on aggregate

images

An amazing result, but a nerve wracking game to watch. Despite the lads tiring towards the end of the second half in normal time, we kept at it and got the break and luck that's needed in football.
We beat the odds and now will play in the Norwegian Premier Division for the first time in our history. The board have also received planning permission to build a new stadium, called the Follo Stadion, which will hold 5,400 and will boast under soil heating.
For now though I will revel in our promotion, before sitting down with the Chairman and discuss my future and what it holds.

Final League Table

View attachment 323340View attachment 323341

Well done mate! Glad to see you got promoted :D

Thanks mate, played game with extended highlights, most nervous I've been on the game.
Next update will be tomorrow, going to have a sleep and think on next step. :)

Great achievment mate, surprised me indeed. Still no offer for contract extension? Hmmm...

December 2013

100px-Follo_fotball.png

A week had past since our Play Off success and I had a lot of thinking to do about my current situation following the recent meeting I had with Ola Bjorn Fausa, our Chairman. Although I had heard lots about the cruel world of being a Manager, when one minute you are flavour of the month and the next you are without a job, I didn't expect for one minute that I would be involved in such under hand tactics and after all I've done for the club, I thought they would be itching to tie me down to a longer contract.

With the built up emotion and confusion I had worked up inside, I decided to pay a visit to the Chairman and find out what his plans are, as I was keen to keep my reputation intact. If I was to be offered a new contract, as mine was a week from running out, I could then start to look for new players or if the unthinkable happened and the club were willing to let my contract run out, then I would have to start making moves to find another club and with the English, German and Spanish leagues coming upto the busy christmas period and midway point of their seasons, I was confident that their would be a Chairman out there keen to make the most of my recent successes despite my limited experience and buy into my fresh, new, young approach to the game.

Ola Bjorn Fausa: " Ahh Andy, I'm glad you are here, you've saved me a phone call. Please come in
and take a seat.
After our success on getting promotion and the new stadium being built, I'm keen on offering you
a new contract to see us into the new stadium. "

Me: " Ok....What are the terms of the deal? "

Ola Bjorn Fausa: " Well, it will be a £1,000 p/w, 1 year deal. "

Me: " WHAT!!! You are asking me to take a pay cut, even though I've achieved back to back
promotions for this club, without spending any money! And now we are entering the Premier
Division, playing against far more superior sides. "

Ola Bjorn Fausa: " Andy, Andy, Calm down please, I know it may not be what you were hoping for,
but with the new stadium it's all I can offer at this time. "

Me: " I'm not too bothered about my wage, it's the fact we've wasted money on a new stadium, when
we couldn't even fill the Ski Stadion. The money should be put into the youth system, so we can
develop quality youngsters especially as we can't compete in the transfer market. "

Ola Bjorn Fausa: " The stadium decision is nothing to do with you. You are my Manager and your job is
to make sure success happens on the pitch. The new stadium will bring me a big financial gain. "

Me: " Surely lining your own pockets won't help the future of this club. We should be looking to
consolidate our place in the Premier Division and look to build for greater success in the future! "

Ola Bjorn Fausa: " My decision stands and the offer of the new contract will stay on the table
until 6pm tonight and let me tell you, if you turn it down, I won't have any problems filling your position. "

I slammed the door on my way out of yet another heated discussion with our Chairman and headed down the stairs towards my car. As I was walking through reception, my phone rang, it was an unknown number and rather than letting it go straight to answer fone, I picked it up.....

Me: " Hello? "

Spanish Male Voice: " Hola, is that Senor Andy? "

Me: " Yes, who's this please? "

Spanish Male Voice: " Excuse me, I apologise. My name is Maximino Martin. I'm Chairman of Zamora CF, in the
Spanish Segunda Division B. "

Me: " Hello Mr Martin. How can I help you? "

Maximino Martin: " Well Senor Andy, I'm hoping we can both help each other. I've just sacked my Manager and
I've heard about the contractual disagreements you are currently having about your future.
I was wondering if you would be keen to meet and chat about the possibilty of you coming to manage
my team, here in Spain. "

Me: " How did you know about my current situation? And surely it is wrong for me to come
and meet you? "

Maximino Martin: " Senor Andy, my lad. This happens all the time. But I don't expect you to meet me while
under contract at Follo FK. Hand in your resignation tonight and meet me tomorrow? We are coming to
the end of our winter break and I hope to have a new manager in place by the weekend. "

Me: " That quick!! Can I have sometime to think through what I want to do? "

Maximino Martin: " Of course Senor Andy. How about I call in an hour? "

Me: " An hour?? Well, yes ok. Speak then. Bye "

Maximino Martin: " Adios "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back