Andy Gray and Richard Keys in centre of Sexism scandal...

i agree with women offcials, although if they ever made a huge error there would be an outcry, what i dont agree with would be if woman players joined the "mans" game the current english (and i believe worlds) best player had a trial at a league 2 club a few seasons back and got turned away and in most sports women/man have seperate competitions so i cant see it going that way anyway, i dont think they will be sacked but i expect them to have to make an apology or do somthing, like them or not they are sky sports "headline" football presenters

Why is everyone saying 'female linesman'

It's 'lineswoman'. ;)

Just a general question on the subject, do men referee/run line at women's football matches? Interested to see if it goes both ways.

As long as the referee/linesman does a good job it doesn't matter if it's a man or a woman, ****, a St Bernard dog could do a better job refereeing than some of the chumps I've seen.

She might of done a good job, but i'm sure she could of done a better one in the kitchen?

Just a general question on the subject, do men referee/run line at women's football matches? Interested to see if it goes both ways.

As long as the referee/linesman does a good job it doesn't matter if it's a man or a woman, ****, a St Bernard dog could do a better job refereeing than some of the chumps I've seen.

i watched the womens world cup or euro's either last year or the year before and i believe it was a women ref and women lineswoman not sure if thats the case for every game though

lol
Dont think they should get sacked because they have an opinion
they didnt want everyone to hear them

if they get sacked then surely everyone who has anything to do with football and thinks the same should be sacked
if they had of said on air or on an interveiw then fine sack them but the fact they said it in private and it got recorded, would be unfair if they got sacked

chances are they didnt mean it anyway and were just joking

I personally have nothing against lineswoman ... until one of them does something wrong then they should all be sacked

I think a lot of people are casting the first stone here.

Have none of you ever made a sexist or politically incorrect remark? Not once in your life? Have you ever said anything that you wouldn't want the entire world hearing? They're involved in TV but it's not like they knew they were being recorded. True, they're famous and there's always the chance someone is recording their conversation, but can you imagine constantly having to watch every word you said because it might be recorded? Even if you didn't get caught saying something inappropriate you would probably want to quit because of the pressure.

It was never like this before, famous people including political leaders constantly made inappopriate remarks or committed scandalous acts. There wasn't the technology to record them, but even if there was, journalists had the integrity not to investigate every immoral word and action of famous people and respected their privacy. And even if journalists attempted to engage in what we nowadays call "investigative journalism," the general public didn't care because they understood that everyone makes mistakes and that no one should be crucified for one inappropriate remark or deed. John F. Kennedy was a *** addict and everyone knew he had an affair with Marilyn Monroe. Journalists didn't say anything about it because tabloid journalism didn't exist back then, and the general public was uninterested in how "moral" famous people were in their personal lives. Whatever happened to the right of privacy?!

There's a difference between making sexist jokes in jest, and devaluing the job she did because she's a woman. It's a major breakthrough for Women to be officiating, it kind of ruins it when two leading pundits mock it.

To mock her because she's female, is a bit on the silly side. Who knows-she may do a better job than some of the refs we get in the game these days. Couldn't care less if the linesperson is male or female. As long as they do a good job, or try to do a good job, thats all I care about. Hope she does well imo

Last edited:
I think you'll find a lot of past generation footballers and older figures in the game will share the same opinion.

lay off em, you cant say anything these days without being called sexist or a racist, its mad, women have alot more rights then men these days, an im not being sexist, but there have womens football an mens football for a reason, it will be mixed sport in the future its mad

lay off em, you cant say anything these days without being called sexist or a racist, its mad, women have alot more rights then men these days, an im not being sexist, but there have womens football an mens football for a reason, it will be mixed sport in the future its mad

I know what to say to this, but I'm far too tired and jaded. Joel will turn up and say everything I want to soon enough.

why's it so bad to have mixed *** football? i don't see a problem with it. be interesting to see what happens. But back-on topic, they're respected punters, and if they make those comments on tv, the press will pick up on em like flys around poo.
And anyway, why shouldn't women be treated equally? it aint the early 1900s

missed the game and highlights! the important question is was she fit?

Love it :D missed the game too but from what a mate of mine told me I wish I was playing so I could tell my team mate to play long balls all game just to see her run...

There's a difference between making sexist jokes in jest, and devaluing the job she did because she's a woman. It's a major breakthrough for Women to be officiating, it kind of ruins it when two leading pundits mock it.

And you don't think it was a joke? They said she wouldn't know what the offsides rule was...clearly they were joking. But more importantly, these comments were not made in public. It was a private conversation that was recorded, and now everyone is being all moral and condemning them for it, acting shocked and outraged, as if they have never made a politically incorrect comment in their lives. I say don't sack a TV pundit for a comment they made in a private conversation, especially if it was a joke.

Personally don't care about this story or about the fairness within football relating when it comes to what *** you are. Although I wouldn't be surprised if the only reason the reason this linesperson (no idea what the technical term is) was a publicity stunt rather than her being the best person in the role.

On this specific topic private conversations should stay in private, everybody has their own opinion and the opinions of Gray and Keys may not necessarily be the opinion of BSkyB ;)

Last edited:
well they should know better but nah they should not be sacked, maximum they should send a letter of apology to the lineswoman in question

Im not sure if men are allowed to be officials in womens football, but if they are, then women should be allowed in mens, and if not, they shouldnt.

Little bit off topic here but I saw how ladies play football and some of them are really impressive-but mixed *** football,what the ****...<)

Back