Andy Gray and Richard Keys in centre of Sexism scandal...

I have to say, Me and my dad had a bit of a chuckle when we saw she was running the line.

I think it's still a relative surprise to see a woman officiating a football match, so a light hearted sexist comment is something that most men will at least think, although they may not say it.

People just need to get over it. It happens, but I am sure they don't mean what they say, Gray and Keys weren't the first to make such comments, and won't be the last.

And you don't think it was a joke? They said she wouldn't know what the offsides rule was...clearly they were joking. But more importantly, these comments were not made in public. It was a private conversation that was recorded, and now everyone is being all moral and condemning them for it, acting shocked and outraged, as if they have never made a politically incorrect comment in their lives. I say don't sack a TV pundit for a comment they made in a private conversation, especially if it was a joke.

They knew what they signed up for when they chose to be in the public eye. I don't buy it when celebrities complain for lack of privacy, they knew what they signed up for and they make millions for it. Gordon Brown paid the price of his political career for being accidentally recorded, and it won't surprise me if these will too. I very much hate political correctness, but this is different when the game's trying to advance, and two respected and well known pundits who should know better say things like that.

lay off em, you cant say anything these days without being called sexist or a racist, its mad, women have alot more rights then men these days, an im not being sexist, but there have womens football an mens football for a reason, it will be mixed sport in the future its mad

Are you kidding me? Give me one good reason why a woman can't do the job as well as a man and I'll show you why you're wrong. We all complain when a male linesman gets decisions wrong. She had a controversial decision to make and got it correct by replay standards. So we condemn the man for getting decisions wrong, then condemn the woman for getting decisions right? Now that is mad. There's a reason men and women's sport is separated due to natural genetics of the two sexes, but there's no reason a woman can't officiate a men's match and vice versa.

I have to say, Me and my dad had a bit of a chuckle when we saw she was running the line.

I think it's still a relative surprise to see a woman officiating a football match, so a light hearted sexist comment is something that most men will at least think, although they may not say it.

People just need to get over it. It happens, but I am sure they don't mean what they say, Gray and Keys weren't the first to make such comments, and won't be the last.

The problem Dunc is that these 2 people are well-known tv personalities so obviously everything they say will be dissected to the letter, I mean if me or you make a sexist comment then hardly anybody will care, obviously they should not be sacked for this but I am sure that they will be made to apologize to the lineswoman in question in some way

Daily Mail kicking up a fuss about sexism? ****** **** the world's gone upside down- if this wa son the BBC they would obviously go for them but it's there good buddys at sky

also they shouldn't be ****** sacked, Skysports is the last bastian of good coverage

There was a woman linesman at Reading couple weeks ago.. Got so many Sexist Comments at her.. Felt sorry.
You must feel like a load of sh*t after that.

Men are genetic mutations of women, and who the **** even cares what Andy Gray says, the man's a ******.

Are you kidding me? Give me one good reason why a woman can't do the job as well as a man and I'll show you why you're wrong. We all complain when a male linesman gets decisions wrong. She had a controversial decision to make and got it correct by replay standards. So we condemn the man for getting decisions wrong, then condemn the woman for getting decisions right? Now that is mad. There's a reason men and women's sport is separated due to natural genetics of the two sexes, but there's no reason a woman can't officiate a men's match and vice versa.[/QUOTE]

i never said there cant do a job as good as a man, i just think its abit harsh all the stick andy gray is getting for it, everybody is allowed an apinion anint there? this is england where ment to be a free speaking country

i never said there cant do a job as good as a man, i just think its abit harsh all the stick andy gray is getting for it, everybody is allowed an apinion anint there? this is england where ment to be a free speaking country

If he claimed the lines person couldn't complete their job properly because of race, he'd be off the air, immediately. He fully deserves the stick he gets, there's a huge difference between men having a laugh in the pub where no one cares about their opinion, and then the most respected pundit for football making jokes like that. Learn the difference, and learn to spell opinion while you're at it.

Freedom of speech, it's not absolute in any country and never will be otherwise hate preaching would be out of control. How do you expect society ever to progress if leading figures in the game dismiss females like this?

You pretty much implied they can't do the job with "sport will be mixed soon, it's mad."

The thing is they're both on TV now like normal lol.

Sky sexist? absolute nonsense. Next you will be telling me they only allow hot young women to present their news channels.

IMO, this is something made out of nothing. As far as i know, i could be wrong, that it wasn't actually broadcast any where. Still doesn't make it right but i bet loads of people made the same kind of comments

Mistake on their part though

To be honest I laughed watching that video just now.

But on topic the comments were totally out of order because the lineswoman had a really good game.

they were just laughing at bad football really they were not laughing cos it was womens football , if it was a men's pub team playing they would be laughing too

tbh it was pathetic football, Swedens women football is much better and they are much fitter too

The only way this is going to work is if people stop seeing her as a woman and start seeing her as a lino. On goals on sunday they were so quick to point out that she had a good game, which she did, and fair play to her, but the very fact that they drew attention to it illustartes my point. They wouldn't have made anything of it at all if it had been a male linesman, no matter how good a game he may have had.

they were just laughing at bad football really they were not laughing cos it was womens football , if it was a men's pub team playing they would be laughing too

tbh it was pathetic football, Swedens women football is much better and they are much fitter too

In all honestly mens football is a better standard than that... Seriously...

In all honestly mens football is a better standard than that... Seriously...

Obviously and that was supposed to be an FA Cup Final, no offence to anyone but that was really a bad standard of football, again I emphasise the point that if it was mens football being played in that way, people would laugh, i doubt anyone of us is laughing at the video just cos it was womens football

Was this on Live TV or was this behind the scenes?

Highly doubt they'd be sacked. They would just be picked up by another broadcaster immediately.

Joel, please get a sense of humour. Your so sad that when you walk by plants they die :(

Found it pretty funny myself, but fair play if she wants to be a lineswoman

Back