• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 87
  • Views Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
The prospect of playing at Anfield was key to Joe Cole's decision to join Liverpool.

More...

Obviously it had some effect, Liverpool is a hard place to turn down. Same with Wilson more recently, turned down CL Teams for Liverpool.

dont buy this at all liverpool was obviously the only club that was willing to pay him near the mark he wanted simple as that.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

As it is with a lot of players, not that tumbleweed Chelsea ;D

who cares we win trophies!!!

dont buy this at all liverpool was obviously the only club that was willing to pay him near the mark he wanted simple as that.

---------- Post added at 07:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

I don't know, Redknapp really seemed to want him

I don't know, Redknapp really seemed to want him

i know harry wanted him but its obvious pool were the only team to offer him nearer the wage he wanted. plus harry knows he has great midfielders already so why pay 1 injury prone player over the odds.

No, you BUY trophies. Please note: I'm not having a pop - merely stating a football fact. Those clubs who invest heavily on the best available players win the trophies - that's reality.
If we at L4 had big bucks (& trust me, we will have soon ), we would have spent large & won more stuff.

(H)

No, you BUY trophies. Please note: I'm not having a pop - merely stating a football fact. Those clubs who invest heavily on the best available players win the trophies - that's reality.
If we at L4 had big bucks (& trust me, we will have soon ), we would have spent large & won more stuff.

(H)

Queues entry of Zeb

Meh, I'd rather have him that Benayoun, I'd think. Plus Cole was free

(H)
not strictly true. real madrid have spent hundreds of millions since del bosque, and have virtually **** all sucess to show for it, think its just two league titles, or maybe even one

(H)

its mearly a fact that you cant buy trophies its just not possible. you can buy a team but everything needs to be right in that team.

---------- Post added at 07:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 PM ----------

not strictly true. real madrid have spent hundreds of millions since del bosque, and have virtually **** all sucess to show for it, think its just two league titles, or maybe even one

thank you madsheep just as i was trying to explain.

You're right, of course, but as you said, it's not "strictly" true. Winning a title is a **** of a lot easier when you have some rich lardarse bankrolling you.

Why do you think this?

Are you kidding ? Dumb & Dumber are wetting themselves in an effort to sell the club.They NEED to sell now, which means it's only a matter of horse-trading with a mega-rich arab family or russian oil magnate & theres a fair few around, I am persuaded.

Once the stupid price Hicks was bandying around is haggled down to a reasonable sum, we'll be back on par with Chelski.

Man City, however, are living in their own form of reality - I don't believe ANYONE, including Abramovich, bless 'im, will pay the frankly obscene wages that they attract players with.

(H)

I appreciate what you all say about Chelsea, and how we've "bought the title". However, we cannot be compared with Man City.

When Abramovic came along, Chelsea were already a Champions League side, whereas before City got their money, they were at the bottom end of the table.

First you don't win trophies, chelsea have always tried to buy them and second before your fa cup win in 09 you hadn't won a trophy for 2 or 3 seasons

liverpool are paying him 90k a week according to the papers, according to the same papers chelsea offered him 100k but he wanted more to stay there

First you don't win trophies, chelsea have always tried to buy them and second before your fa cup win in 09 you hadn't won a trophy for 2 or 3 seasons

no we had a manager that the players related to in 09 thats why we won the fa cup. you can have all the best players in the world but if you cant get them to play in a way that suites them all then whats the point. its just an easy excuse for people to use jelous people if you ask me.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

liverpool are paying him 90k a week according to the papers, according to the same papers chelsea offered him 100k but he wanted more to stay there

so were is the logic he is ment to be a chelsea supporter????

That's a good point - but do you honestly think Mourinho would have joined Chelski if he hadn't been able to buy anyone he fancied immeadiately. Mega rich clubs also attract the top managers, wouldn't you agree ? They all want to buy the best players straight away to give themselves the best chance of success. I don't believe Mourinho would have agreed to manage Madrid if he'd have had zilch euros to spend on new players or had a world class bunch of players.

One way or another, in football, loadsamoney = trophies.

(H)

real madrid last season loads of money= no trophies

man city last 2 years loads of money= no trophies

you need more than money to win trophies simple as that.

That's a good point - but do you honestly think Mourinho would have joined Chelski if he hadn't been able to buy anyone he fancied immeadiately. Mega rich clubs also attract the top managers, wouldn't you agree ? They all want to buy the best players straight away to give themselves the best chance of success. I don't believe Mourinho would have agreed to manage Madrid if he'd have had zilch euros to spend on new players or had a world class bunch of players.

One way or another, in football, loadsamoney = trophies.

(H)
mourhino would have gone anywhere he he thought he could have chance at top class success. its not like he went mental with money at inter.

one way or another your point isnt really that valid

---------- Post added at 09:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:04 PM ----------

money helps but it in no way guarantees it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back