Anfield aura key to Cole decision

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 87
  • Views Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Call me a cynic, but I also think its due to money - people go on about history, but I don't see many big players joining Forest.

meh, to be fair he was on 80k at chelsea, youcould have at least tried to negotiate more than one offer

at the end of the day 80k for a injury prone player is not that bad. he aparently wanted to be on par with the likes of terry and lampard well im sorry but he isent on same level as them at chelsea. at the end of the day he accepted a measly 10k payrise for the club he apparently supports newest fierce rivals.

er because forest arent in the premiership....

Or Europe, or have World Class players already...

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

So? Joe Cole stated he wanted to play in the Champions League, Liverpool aren't in that either.

For the 1st time in 6 years.......

Spurs are unlikely to do so next year and Arsenal would pay him what he was on at Chelsea.

at the end of the day 80k for a injury prone player is not that bad. he aparently wanted to be on par with the likes of terry and lampard well im sorry but he isent on same level as them at chelsea. at the end of the day he accepted a measly 10k payrise for the club he apparently supports newest fierce rivals.
mate, anyone decent he had gone to in the prem is a fierce rival!

Spurs are unlikely to get into the CL next year... Because Man City are. Not because Liverpool are.

chelsea fans are ****** off lol.

Im not ****** off, I just want Cole to give a definitive answer when asked about why he left us instead of dodging the question every time.

Untill then, people will still have varying opinions on why he left us.

Or Europe, or have World Class players already...

---------- Post added at 10:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

For the 1st time in 6 years.......

Spurs are unlikely to do so next year and Arsenal would pay him what he was on at Chelsea.

spurs have a decent chance corse they have. liverpool have no given right to finish 4th and i think they will struggle again finishing behind chelsea, man utd, man city and arsenal.

oh yer i know that it just seems bad just for an extra 10k and plus he said he wanted champions league football.
on the other hand, if you wanted him you could have not shut down negotiations so early. lets be honest you played hardball, and he didnt back down

Im not ****** off, I just want Cole to give a definitive answer when asked about why he left us instead of dodging the question every time.

Untill then, people will still have varying opinions on why he left us.

im ****** off for how he has done what he done thats all. i dont think we will miss cole he has been injured for the best part of 3 years and we have been massivly successful without him.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

on the other hand, if you wanted him you could have not shut down negotiations so early. lets be honest you played hardball, and he didnt back down

he has been injured for the best part of 3 years he didnt deserve the money he was asking for.

I wish Joe luck at Liverpool, which pains me to say as i can't stand Liverpool and Joe was such a great player for us. I think money was an issue here but Chelsea were not willing to pay over the odds wages when he wasn't even starting in the first team, much to the dismay of me and other Chelsea fans! I think all Joe wants to do is play football every week and he would have had to fight for a place in Chelsea's and Spurs team, whereas he will most likely start every week for Liverpool. I hope he does well, but not tooo well :)

im ****** off for how he has done what he done thats all. i dont think we will miss cole he has been injured for the best part of 3 years and we have been massivly successful without him.

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

he has been injured for the best part of 3 years he didnt deserve the money he was asking for.
he felt he did. both sides disagreed, there could have been a compromise, but there wasnt, yet somehow hes being made out like some villian. either you did care, in wich case its the clubs fault for not doing enough in negotiations, or you didnt particularly care in which case its no big loss to you and hes free to do what he wants

he felt he did. both sides disagreed, there could have been a compromise, but there wasnt, yet somehow hes being made out like some villian. either you did care, in wich case its the clubs fault for not doing enough in negotiations, or you didnt particularly care in which case its no big loss to you and hes free to do what he wants

i think it was a bigger issue with the fans because we felt connected to him like i said joe was a chelsea fan and time and time again we chanted his name when he was injured when he was left out the side at the trophy parade etc. but on a club level i dont think we will miss him.

on aside, interesting views from giggs about liverpool, considering hes never been a player for mind games or hyperbole:

Ryan Giggs says it is "dangerous" to rule Liverpool out of making a challenge for the Barclays Premier League title this coming season.

The Anfield club are going through a period of transition with Roy Hodgson replacing Rafael Benitez after they finished seventh in the table last time around.

However Hodgson has already persuaded England midfielder Joe Cole to sign up after his contract ended at Chelsea and Giggs believes their rivals deserve respect.

"Liverpool have a new manager and difficult to say what they are going to do, " said Manchester United's record appearance holder.

"Two years ago they were close to winning the Premiership and you can never write them off. It just depends on how it goes.

"It is dangerous to write off a team with Liverpool's history. They have won the same amount of leagues as us. You cannot just dismiss that. They are a huge club and a massive team."

what happened to 5.5mill and joe cole for Benayoun? I heard that somewhere

Just seems to me like the Chelsea fans are gutted about losing him, therefore having a go at Liverpool fans and Joe Cole.

I love the way people are pretending not to be jealous about this signing, Joe Cole is a sick player and probably the biggest signing for us since Torres, I'm happy with it and I'd be amazed if there is a Liverpool fan out there who is unhappy with the signing so you can argue all you like about how he is a money grabbing, injury prone whatever till you are [blue] in the face it couldn't make any difference.

at the end of the day in chelsea fans eyes we are better than liverpool currently and have proven it over the last 5 odd years

We have proved we're better than Chelsea over the last 50 odd years ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back