Anfield aura key to Cole decision

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 87
  • Views Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.
---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

so were is the logic he is ment to be a chelsea supporter????

the logic is that liverpool are still a bigger club than chelsea despite haveing abit of a barren spell, and like he himself said, the "anfield aura" and playing for the most successful club in English football must be worth taking 10k less a week than he was offered at chelsea.

i don't know if he does support Chelsea though, most players say something like that when ever they join a new club, he was probably a west ham fan to start with.

i agree about man city, i doubt they will ever be successful if they carry on the way they are.

the logic is that liverpool are still a bigger club than chelsea despite haveing abit of a barren spell, and like he himself said, the "anfield aura" and playing for the most successful club in English football must be worth taking 10k less a week than he was offered at chelsea.

i don't know if he does support Chelsea though, most players say something like that when ever they join a new club, he was probably a west ham fan to start with.

well he always stated he was a chelsea fan and grew up in a chelsea family. at the end of the day in chelsea fans eyes we are better than liverpool currently and have proven it over the last 5 odd years, and it just looks like cole went for money thats all and he will get a really bad reception now i can guarrentee that and its a shame because he was a brilliant player for us.

No, you BUY trophies. Please note: I'm not having a pop - merely stating a football fact. Those clubs who invest heavily on the best available players win the trophies - that's reality.
If we at L4 had big bucks (& trust me, we will have soon ), we would have spent large & won more stuff.

(H)

Liverpool also buys trophies. They just don't have any money;)

well he always stated he was a chelsea fan and grew up in a chelsea family. at the end of the day in chelsea fans eyes we are better than liverpool currently and have proven it over the last 5 odd years, and it just looks like cole went for money thats all and he will get a really bad reception now i can guarrentee that.
Liverpool are a bigger club. I'm not biased, that's true fact I'm afriad.. Over thwe whole world, Liverpool are more well known, and have been up there 50-odd years, we're the most successful club in England, and one of the most in Europe & the world. Chelsea were making the Champions league before Abromovich came in, but not every year, they would normally be there or about, but Abramovich spent madly, to get a squad he'd know would be in contention for winning trophies, since '06, you're spending has lessened, and you may have a better record against us, of recent years, but only just. Our fans are well-known for supporting the team all the time, we practically never boo, the only time of recent years I can think of is Lyon/Fiorentina, and that wasn't large boo's. Chelsea - since their rise to fame, have recruited a lot of fans, that don't really know the club's history, and that are fickle, and boo a fair amount

well he always stated he was a chelsea fan and grew up in a chelsea family. at the end of the day in chelsea fans eyes we are better than liverpool currently and have proven it over the last 5 odd years, and it just looks like cole went for money thats all and he will get a really bad reception now i can guarrentee that and its a shame because he was a brilliant player for us.

Always stated? Im pretty sure he is a West Ham fan.

[Considering a few Chelsea players have done what you are proclaiming now, it doesnt make much sense.]

And he left in my eyes because he wasnt starting enough, even when he was fit. Just like Yossi. Liverpool are a big club and he grew up watching Liverpool [And later Man Utd] dominate the English League.

Old Trafford is better than Anfield and so is the Emirates so Joe Cole is chatting rubbish just covering up that no one wanted to pay all that money except liverpool

if he was in it for the money he would of stayed at chelsea who were offering him more money.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Old Trafford is better than Anfield and so is the Emirates so Joe Cole is chatting rubbish just covering up that no one wanted to pay all that money except liverpool

its about the atmosphere not the size of the stadium. and it is the fans that make the atmosphere, not the building.

cole is gonna do well at anfield. we werent gonna offer him 90 grand ( in fairness there are very few players we would offer 90 grand)

Last edited:
I watched his interview on SSN and he was quick to change the subject when asked about why he left the club he supports. He then went on to say how the atmosphere is incredible at Anfield - especially on Champions League nights. Well unfortunately for you Joey, Liverpool aren't in the Champions League so you'll have to wait a while untill you experience one again.

Liverpool are a bigger club. I'm not biased, that's true fact I'm afriad.. Over thwe whole world, Liverpool are more well known, and have been up there 50-odd years, we're the most successful club in England, and one of the most in Europe & the world. Chelsea were making the Champions league before Abromovich came in, but not every year, they would normally be there or about, but Abramovich spent madly, to get a squad he'd know would be in contention for winning trophies, since '06, you're spending has lessened, and you may have a better record against us, of recent years, but only just. Our fans are well-known for supporting the team all the time, we practically never boo, the only time of recent years I can think of is Lyon/Fiorentina, and that wasn't large boo's. Chelsea - since their rise to fame, have recruited a lot of fans, that don't really know the club's history, and that are fickle, and boo a fair amount

i never said chelsea where a bigger club than liverpool i said they where a better club than liverpool and you have to look at reality things could still get worse for liverpool. it happens when every club starts winning things they get more fans it just happens i really couldnt care because i supported chelsea way before the roman era and i know all about the history. but to be honest im more concerned about the present than the past, its the present that counts for somthing not the past.

Mate, I'm not having a dig here or anything, but honestly there are quite a few teams in Britain that are bigger than Chelsea. They were just an average sized team played with by a Russian Billionare.

It is not about the size or facilities of the stadium. He is talking about the history, atmosphere and meaning of Anfield.

Mate, I'm not having a dig here or anything, but honestly there are quite a few teams in Britain that are bigger than Chelsea. They were just an average sized team played with by a Russian Billionare.

again i said BETTER not bigger club there is a difference.

He isn't saying we are a bigger club historically, we are miles off. What he's saying is that over the past few years we have been a better team than Liverpool.

I watched his interview on SSN and he was quick to change the subject when asked about why he left the club he supports. He then went on to say how the atmosphere is incredible at Anfield - especially on Champions League nights. Well unfortunately for you Joey, Liverpool aren't in the Champions League so you'll have to wait a while untill you experience one again.

Didnt he say European nights? I might be wrong but either way its terrific atmosphere when playing in European cups at Anfield.

joe cole is happy, liverpool are happy, the anfield fans are happy. nothing else matters

Didnt he say European nights? I might be wrong but either way its terrific atmosphere when playing in European cups at Anfield.

He mentioned the atmosphere on Champs League nights, even refers to it in the link BBC gave us.

Please ignore the idiot guys. Thank you.

what because i have an opinion that most people appart from poll fans have???

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

joe cole is happy, liverpool are happy, the anfield fans are happy. nothing else matters

chelsea fans are ****** off lol.

what because i have an opinion that most people appart from poll fans have???

---------- Post added at 09:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 PM ----------

chelsea fans are ****** off lol.
meh, to be fair he was on 80k at chelsea, youcould have at least tried to negotiate more than one offer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back