Anfield aura key to Cole decision

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 87
  • Views Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Aura? My **** its the 19 million quid hes gonna make in 4 years. Spurs could never contend with that.

Im going with what Redknapp said." Spurs put a decent package together for Cole but he chose Liverpool for footballing reasons. "

Spurs have a decent midfield and to be honest Cole would be battling with Modric for a place in the team. He would not be a sure starter at Spurs and thats look like what he wanted. At Liverpool he is instantly one of the first names on the team sheet. Im not bitter he joined Liverpool at all.

lol Aura, you wherent staying tht when you where a chelsea fan at 15 i bet. Just shows how Vulnerable and Desperate liverpool are, offering 90k a week to a player worth 55k at most, dont get me wrong he is a good player, but admit it joe, You would of preffered a Champs league club, just spurs where only ones who wanted you.

First you don't win trophies, chelsea have always tried to buy them and second before your fa cup win in 09 you hadn't won a trophy for 2 or 3 seasons

This all jst sounds like sour grapes to me.....if we buy trophies then Man City should have won a Treble by now

You guys are going on about money but i heard that athletes have to pay tax and 50% of their sponsorship/ wage earnings to the government this was the reason Usain Bolt axed the crystal palace athletics event. P.S. footballers are classed as athletes right?

You guys are going on about money but i heard that athletes have to pay tax and 50% of their sponsorship/ wage earnings to the government this was the reason Usain Bolt axed the crystal palace athletics event. P.S. footballers are classed as athletes right?

they pay what everyone else pays.

Yeah anybody who earns over £150,000 pay 50% tax, although footballers are dodgy and probably somehow avoid paying, oversea accounts maybe[?]

The Aura? My **** its the 19 million quid hes gonna make in 4 years. Spurs could never contend with that.

Whislt I think there's some truth in your first sentence, your second isn't true -- Spurs could pay him that deal, the difference is we won't. Spurs are owned by a billionaire, but we run a tighter ship than others in similar situation. If our owner went bust, our club wouldn't -- I couldn't say the same for some other clubs out there.

Back on topic -- Joe is a great player, but I'm not too disheartened we didn't sign him. We have Bale, Modric and Niko who are all top drawer and younger than Cole. We also have a few injury prone players -- so the last thing we need is another player clogging up the treatment room. We should be looking at other areas of the team.

Joe is the right player for Liverpool at the right time. If they can keep him fit he'll certainly aid them in their bid to regain top four status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back