Anfield aura key to Cole decision

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 87
  • Views Views 4K
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have proved we're better than Chelsea over the last 50 odd years ;)

lol its all about the present day i also said that. you winning the league 20odd years ago isent going to push you more to win it this year. as us winning the league last season will push us on for more success.

We have proved we're better than Chelsea over the last 50 odd years ;)

ffs, all liverpool have is history. I dont go around saying Sunderland are a bigger club than chelsea, even though our history is just as good if not better.

what happened to 5.5mill and joe cole for Benayoun? I heard that somewhere

It's basically how it has happened although it was not a swap deal. Chelsea payed around 5.5m for Yossi and Joe was bouht as a replacment for free. So it was in theory but not a deal.

lol its all about the present day i also said that. you winning the league 20odd years ago isent going to push you more to win it this year. as us winning the league last season will push us on for more success.

With the job Hodgson is doing, I wouldn't be surprised if we do better than people think. Honestly I thought it would be another Europa League finish next season however if Hodgson can bring in a good left back and a good replacement for Mascherano, we could and should be right up there.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

ffs, all liverpool have is history. I dont go around saying Sunderland are a bigger club than chelsea, even though our history is just as good if not better.

Calm down, it was a joke :S

Just seems to me like the Chelsea fans are gutted about losing him, therefore having a go at Liverpool fans and Joe Cole.

Obviously stick is going to be directed at J.Cole if he continues to avoid giving a reason to why he left us.

Who is having a go at Liverpool fans?

It's funny this has been mentioned because whenever Chelsea win something the conversation always turns to how we brought the title or how all of our fans are glory hunters. If you can't take it don't dish it out. This isn't directed at you, just in general.

Sunderland have a history? At what, not ever being quite as good as Newcastle? XD

Obviously stick is going to be directed at J.Cole if he continues to avoid giving a reason to why he left us.

Who is having a go at Liverpool fans?

It's funny this has been mentioned because whenever Chelsea win something the conversation always turns to how we brought the title or how all of our fans are glory hunters. If you can't take it don't dish it out. This isn't directed at you, just in general.

I thought this thread was the reason. The aura around Liverpool and Anfield or whatever. Although we did probably offer him the most money also. To be honest I'm not someone who goes around calling Chelsea fans glory hunters although I agree that the money certainly helped you to the title.

I watched his interview on SSN and he was quick to change the subject when asked about why he left the club he supports.

He said 'politics' in other interviews but said the problem didn't lie with Ancelotti and he'd talk about it at a later date (presumably in his autobiography which will be serialised heh). Got the impression he'd fallen out with the movers and shakers in your dressing room, but who knows?

To be honest i have no reason to be bitter and i highly doubt the reason he joined liverpool was because of the atmosphere.
More like he'll actually get first team football and they offered the money he wanted.

Joe Cole has a point though. £90,000 p/w does have a certain aura around it. ;)

To be honest i have no reason to be bitter and i highly doubt the reason he joined liverpool was because of the atmosphere.
More like he'll actually get first team football and they offered the money he wanted.

Liverpool was the only team of the 3 he would be guaranteed 1st team football week in week out.

He said "It was football at the end of the day........"

Liverpool was the only team of the 3 he would be guaranteed 1st team football week in week out.

He said "It was football at the end of the day........"
true, wouldnt have got it at united. SAF would drop him for park if he felt it was what he need to win a game, regardless of his form

I think the lure of first team football was a big factor of Joe Cole joining Liverpool. He's been struggling to find game time at Chelsea and has lost his spot in the England first team so regular football at a big club like Liverpool will ensure a call up and a way back. I also think Joe Cole was offended by the fact that Chelsea offered him a pay cut, I'm sure he'd understand if they were in a bad financial crisis but they clearly aren't. A paycut can only suggest you are not as important and not as wanted as other players at the club i.e Lampard and Terry. We all know that Liverpool has a great atmosphere and have some of the best supporters in the world whether from London, Liverpool or Norway but it is clear he's only said that to please the fans and wants to establish himself as a fan favourite.

Are you kidding ? Dumb & Dumber are wetting themselves in an effort to sell the club.They NEED to sell now, which means it's only a matter of horse-trading with a mega-rich arab family or russian oil magnate & theres a fair few around, I am persuaded.

Once the stupid price Hicks was bandying around is haggled down to a reasonable sum, we'll be back on par with Chelski.

Man City, however, are living in their own form of reality - I don't believe ANYONE, including Abramovich, bless 'im, will pay the frankly obscene wages that they attract players with.

(H)

Obviously like but I just think it'll be hard to find someone that will buy a club that's £400m in debt and losing £100k a day.

---------- Post added at 12:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

**** sake lads.

First team football at Liverpool FC.

Come on, although yes, £90k a week helps(!) I know what i'd have done.

To be fair, out of the four teams vying for him (Tottenham, United, Arsenal and Liverpool), I think he would have been a guaranteed starter for both Arsenal and Liverpool. You could argue against him starting for Arsenal, but I doubt he wouldn't have.

So then it comes down to a simple case of who offers more per week, and the answer was Liverpool in this instance.

Decision made. Cole writes speech to win fans over. End o' story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back