Ahhh, now I don't know whether to stick with the V7 or go with the V9! I'm training up the V9 anyways. Maybe once it's fluid I'll move over to it.

TFF,

what about the foot requirements of MCR and DM ?.. does it matter now in V9 ?

No, mate... It doesn't matter in V9

Does that mean you are going to be working on a new tactic with a different formation? Or just that your old tactics were better since they weren't 442?

I meant that I find Annihilator is a viable tactic only if it has V9 formation and only if you use the specific man marking for it and if you aren't going set the man marking for it then you'd better go for Plug & Play tactics.

Tff would you say that this 442 is your best tactic for this version?

I find that V9 + the man marking is the best tactic that I posted. :)

BUMP

THE TACTIC HAS BEEN UPDATED

CHANGES:

- MCL was moved to DM position, the role and PIs were tweaked

- the close down settings of DCL/DCR position were tweaked

Annihil_V9_Barca.png
Annihil_V9_Real.png

Guys, I've removed the Instant Result version from the OP and added a warning that this tactic should be used only with the specific man marking and if you don't want to set it then I strongly recommend that you go for Plug & Play tactics.

So if you don't want to set the specific man marking or if you play with "Instant Result" then go for these tactics ----> PLUG & PLAY

Heh... Annihilator was my last attempt to get any good from 4-4-2 formation in FM16... I find this formation is just hopeless :)

Last edited:
Hey TFF9, maybe do one more attempt - go trough SPECTRE defensive 1 with a fine-tooth comb, away results of this tactic are just unrealistic - first tactic since few years makes my away CL matches (with the strongest teams) won.

So there is no longer a need for the the HB to be left footed and the BBM to be right footed in V9?

Hey TFF, don't you think Conqueror was your best tactic ? You've finally resurrected it (in a way)

Hey TFF, don't you think Conqueror was your best tactic ? You've finally resurrected it (in a way)

Annihilator V9 contains huge amount of improvements compare to Conqueror so I'd say it isn't appropriate to compare these tactics.

Annihilator V9 contains huge amount of improvements compare to Conqueror so I'd say it isn't appropriate to compare these tactics.

Do the same rules of the preferred foot apply in V9 regarding the center midfielders TFF?

Do the same rules of the preferred foot apply in V9 regarding the center midfielders TFF?

Mate, I answered the same question just few posts above your post… look at my post #766 :)

BUMP

THE TACTIC HAS BEEN UPDATED

CHANGES:

- MCL was moved to DM position, the role and PIs were tweaked

- the close down settings of DCL/DCR position were tweaked

Annihil_V9_Barca.png
Annihil_V9_Real.png

Guys, I've removed the Instant Result version from the OP and added a warning that this tactic should be used only with the specific man marking and if you don't want to set it then I strongly recommend that you go for Plug & Play tactics.

So if you don't want to set the specific man marking or if you play with "Instant Result" then go for these tactics ----> PLUG & PLAY

Heh... Annihilator was my last attempt to get any good from 4-4-2 formation in FM16... I find this formation is just hopeless :)

Hi TFF in Portugal a lot of team play with 442 formation (1 DM 1 CM(like your new tatic)), what of this positions my striker should mark?

i have noticed something interesting.

with V9 running at low league Wrexham, it seems more stable, i.e winning 1-0, 2-0 and defence seems solid.

however with v7 i was 5-6 goals per game, i mean i leaked at 2 at that back most of time but i was scoring everywhere.

i think v9 is defiantly more solid

anyone else found this at low league be interested to know.

Having a great game this season. Stated to get a bit bored so I went to the editor and every player that had over a certain reputation I turned into an 18 Yr old again. Having so much fun with my Spurs save. 37 games unbeaten from the season before with v8. Beat Barcelona 4-0 away and 4-1 at home in the CL 2nd round. Gonna try the new v9 in the new season. Props to you TFF but I still prefer inside forwards.