Wow, captain and has hardly played? :D

This is sucks though. It's a shame that no one seems to want to play you :(

Wow, captain and has hardly played? :D

This is sucks though. It's a shame that no one seems to want to play you :(

I know! Got described as a key player in some pre-season stuff then noticed I was captain and now I have fallen out with the manager! Post-season stuff coming in a minute

5ad510e67ee74015ad29ccfebb3f66ca.png

Dundee United managed to run clear while Airdrie had a shot at promotion but two 1-0 losses to Dundee meant they were destined for another season in Scotland's second tier.

e50ecba3215298aae0dd3eafa4f56e18.png

Really thought I'd be playing a lot more, like 30+ games but I got dicked by the manager! Given captaincy then player role gets dropped to back up, weird one.

//

8d3d2ea114bd65a07c1166a564fee9fe.png

Livingston finish second for the second year in a row giving them Champions League football as St Mirren manage to grab their second title in 3 years.

Look at Aberdeen!!! Note - I feature at Aberdeen = win league, Scottish Cup.
I featured at Livingston way back when = won league
I featured at Airdrie = Almost promotion

Soooo

See you next season I guess!

@CallumJames58: Feel sorry for the boys, worked so hard to lose out to a strong Dundee side. Wish I could have featured more but such is life​

Wowwww..

ba48197c5feb01af7a5df51055e921f7.png

Despite this however, I remain as a captain and

fa1f14900c53eaf4aa9a73cf5813ade8.png

62186f70de72d5c78e7aecd1e2e3cdcc.png

What really hasn't helped me is the formations teams have played.

At Aberdeen a 4-4-2 was played when the team was stacked with central talent.

And at Airdrie..

2cf21badc47bf6b2fb3cc744ff71ce87.png

No injuries through the middle has kept me sat on the bench.

Wow.

fdefe487471e23429af4c0c1574b1829.png

6d6499340b072892c8b276e153b9126d.png

Things are looking a little bad for Calum James as he comes into his best years and can't get into a second tier Scottish sides team!

:(

After everything I ended up growing close to Gary Bollan come the end of the season and once again we were in the play-offs to go up.

Things started rocky in an awful 3-0 loss away to St Johnston. I picked up a knock and couldn't return for the second leg.. Yes, I played in the first leg! I seem to be a big game only player..

We managed to win 4-0. Two late goals from that young, foreign kid on the wing meant we were through to play Hamilton. I wasn't fit to play and we managed a big 2-1. We held on in the away game, with myself playing the final 30 minutes as we managed a 0-0.

It's a small world as our final games would be against Aberdeen, a much better side who were in a dire state. I started and played my game but I was pretty much in a 1 man midfield as we got flooded and lost 3-0. We would need to really clutch up at home to have a shot at promotion.

Aberdeen had been abysmal away from home and Bollan was really away from us all as he spend time alone trying to mastermind another huge comeback to bring Airdrie to the Premiership.

//

385a9c6ba57fb7ab678c64d3d1d6fc76.png

I was to play no part in the tie, but couldn't help but wish that we played something similar to Aberdeen. However, I was asked by Bollan on the Friday night to give a team talk to the lads as they all respected me. I was happy enough to do so but was gutted I wasn't seen as adequate enough to play in a huge game for the club, events like this was something I was used to. Title deciders, cup finals, derbies. They were the only games I'd ever feature in!

"You boys know exactly what you want, right? You want to go up. You've gone big before and now we just need to do it again. This Aberdeen side are awful away from home, we have a synthetic surface too, they've never played on it before. Just take advantage of it and play your f***ing game!"

//

Look at that, we are gonna get absolutely molested in the middle of the park man.

We had to score first, we had to score early and we did.

8 minutes in and a huge goal from from once-Aberdeen boy McGhee.

After a huge Letheren save, Aberdeen recycled position and somehow worked a penalty out of Macleod.

Jones scored and things were level again after 30 minutes.

1-1 (1-4)

After 44 minutes Muirhead went HUGE and cleared it off the line. Things were super slow in the second half.

After 72 minutes Maguire scored, giving us a shot.

We needed 2 goals in 18 minutes.

We missed a huge chance instantly afterwards, however a huge looping header from McGhee with 8 to go really meant we had a chance.

Time ran out.

No heroic stories here.

//

Had I played..

//

Destined to another year in the Scottish Championship as I have 1 year left on my contract at Airdrie.

BOLLAN Leaves AIRDRIE for the HIBEES

Scottish Premiership side have picked up Airdrie manager Gary Bollan to lead the side ahead of the 23/24 season. It is also reported he turned down a move to Ross County and a lucrative Airdrie contract.

"Things were started to get harder at Airdrie, 2 seasons of missing out on first and losing out so closely in the play-offs really hit me and I needed something new and one of the bigger clubs in Scotland came calling. Whoever takes over there has a great opportunity at promotion this year."

Aidrie chairman wished Bollan all the best at Hibernian but is also reportedly angry Bollan turned his back on the club after their 3 year Championship plan, which was set to end in promotion this next season.

//

Graham Dorrans takes over after 1 season at Morton, which he experienced an 8th place finish in League 1.

//

@CallumJames58: Sad to see Gary go but hopefully I can find myself in the next managers plans. All the best!​

"I'm done with this boss, I have to go."

I said to Graham Dorrans on the Thursday with the Saturday team picked, again I wasn't to feature and I was done with not playing football. That's all I wanted, I didn't care for winning leagues and cups anymore. It was now about playing football.

"Bit hasty, captain. But sure, I get it. If you don't play it makes sense."

I retained captaincy under Dorrans but it was more of a off-field leadership role and I didn't really enjoy not playing as much as I loved working with youngsters. I ended up spending a lot of time with the 18's and spent a month injured working with the SFA on their creative player workshops across Scotland.

"Can you get things in the works for me leaving in January?"

I asked, he nodded his head and said he'd get back to me after the hasty Christmas period.

In other news, Bollan got the sack from Hibs.

@CalumJames58: I feel for Gary, I really do. Tight league and he's in touching distance with 3rd!!

PLAY-OFFS AWAIT AIRDRIE AGAIN AS JAMES RE-SIGNS!

After a 2nd place finish, Graham Dorrans' Airdrie side are ready for play-offs for the 3rd time in 3 years. The side have pushed Hamilton all the way but haven't managed to break the sides sheer consistency and power in front of goal.

Also, in a weird turn of events, off-field captain Calum James has taken a massive cut and agree'd a 1 year deal with the club. The player was reportedly earning around £50,000 per year but now settles on a modest £14,000. Less than many brickies and labourers. Calum James has also been vocal about his dissapointing playing time but has spent a lot of time with the SFA doing coaching workshops across Scotland and working with the Airdrie Under 20 and Under 18 sides.

bea65a9eb5870ce08f2c7d796d092fe6.png

1bdea662b36d0fcd04dc19318cdd92e1.png

6fc929e6073019e8190e4aa11e2341bc.png

I am hot in the Under 20 league if that makes me feel any better I don't know.

So,writes players make really stupid decisions in FM :D

Sometimes I just want to reach through the screen and slap my player!!

Falkirk Snap up James as he throws hands with Dorrans!!?

IT MAY SOUND BIZARRE BUT IT'S TRUE! Reports are coming through that off-field captain and role model to kids across Scotland, Calum James has had a bust-up with Graham Dorrans on a night out with the squad and police were involved. The two reportedly fell out over a game of Snooker before playing careers were discussed and sources reportedly said Dorrans pushed James against the wall before being floored by the once captain of the club.

Dorrans told the Sun: "There was no violence just a heated discussion over football."

James said on twitter..

@CalumJames58: Papers exaggerate but Dorrans did end up on the floor! Not because of me though hahah!!

Falkirk offered Calum James a contract three days later and the League one Champions are reportedly excited to have him.

// Daily Record

Good banter that night was aye! Got shifted to full-time training with the under 20s. Played a lot prior to the incident though, compared to usual anyway.

b11316fc1aae0f93651650209d868642.png

771bd29ee4f0d4d2786e403f18fa48c9.png