Torbem do u remember what formation used QPR in that match?I have a theory where Antonio Conte underpeforms vs 1 striker formations,and in this case u should use Maralicious wich use "play narrower" instead Antonio Conte with "play wider" TI.

Torbem do u remember what formation used QPR in that match?I have a theory where Antonio Conte underpeforms vs 1 striker formations,and in this case u should use Maralicious wich use "play narrower" instead Antonio Conte with "play wider" TI.

They played with 2 strikers. Won my next match 5-1 against Sunderland away, only to lose the next one against Burnley at home 3-2. They absolutely hammered me when it came to corners and free kicks. Overall I usually concede a lot on set pieces. I just can't understand it. The tactic is very inconsistent in my opinion. You can beat Chelsea 5-0 one match only to lose to a team like QPR with the same score the next game...and I've tried different versions in my match prep, but it doesn't seem to matter...

From my experience Antonio Conte underperforms vs 1 striker formations such as 4411 4231.I think its better to have Maralicious as 2nd tactic and when u are big time "rolled" u should switch to maralicious.I have seen AI changing formations even 3 formulas in same match untill they find to "crack" it.Its better to have a 2nd tactic to try prevent this.Antonio Conte is great tactic but i quess u need a 2nd tactic such as maralicious or Danilo wich are great tactics too that play narrower,contrary to Antonio Conte playstyle wich is "widest" as possible.

Last edited:
They played with 2 strikers. Won my next match 5-1 against Sunderland away, only to lose the next one against Burnley at home 3-2. They absolutely hammered me when it came to corners and free kicks. Overall I usually concede a lot on set pieces. I just can't understand it. The tactic is very inconsistent in my opinion. You can beat Chelsea 5-0 one match only to lose to a team like QPR with the same score the next game...and I've tried different versions in my match prep, but it doesn't seem to matter...

The set pieces were tweaked in the final version.
If you feel you leak a lot of goals on it, maybe try my "v11" version which is in my tactic download in the "in-depth comparison" thread OP.
For me the new set up works better, but all depends maybe on the team.

Also if you have REALLY limited defenders as far as passing go, change the defender options to "more short passing" (now setup as "more direct passing".

Hope this helps!

what do u do for individual training a31632 leave that for your *** or do them for the positions there roles are cheers.

what do u do for individual training a31632 leave that for your *** or do them for the positions there roles are cheers.

It all depends on your own approach really.
In my tests, where I used the "v11" (in-depth comparison thread) I didn't do any specific ones to keep the comparison with other tactics fair.

In my current game I did it all myself, I prefer to do that myself.

It doesn't really affect the tactic, but it helps developing your players.

The set pieces were tweaked in the final version.
If you feel you leak a lot of goals on it, maybe try my "v11" version which is in my tactic download in the "in-depth comparison" thread OP.
For me the new set up works better, but all depends maybe on the team.

Also if you have REALLY limited defenders as far as passing go, change the defender options to "more short passing" (now setup as "more direct passing".

Hope this helps!

Alright mate, thanks for the good work. I'll try your tweaked version next season. I'm currently 3rd with 3 games left to go, but it might be close as city is just 1 point behind and Chelsea 6. I've used Vlaar-Okore-Balanta more or less constantly during the season. Although none of them are world beaters (at the moment, Balanta will be and hopefully Okore too) I consider them to be pretty good.

yeh thanx m8 i've just done balanced/average as normal and match train as att movement against weaker teams and strong teams done def pos.

Alright mate, thanks for the good work. I'll try your tweaked version next season. I'm currently 3rd with 3 games left to go, but it might be close as city is just 1 point behind and Chelsea 6. I've used Vlaar-Okore-Balanta more or less constantly during the season. Although none of them are world beaters (at the moment, Balanta will be and hopefully Okore too) I consider them to be pretty good.

Torbem,

How good are your defenders? If its first season at Villa you are likely to concede more, I use player role filters for each position and buy from there…..

What changed between v11 and final? I've got 2 games on the go using one version for each save. V11 is performing better.

im using balanta-kaan ayhan-gustavo henrique in my fenerbahce save and ewandro-alcacer as st just incredible beat both bayern and psg 5-1 finished 12 point :)

Overall better. Free scoring and cut out the leaks. Not sure whats different though

Overall better. Free scoring and cut out the leaks. Not sure whats different though

I'm on my phone now so can't give you 100% accurate summary of changes but if I remember correctly I changed the OI instructions slightly (no hard tackling but normal and only closing down on own half in "Final version"). Defenders now "less risky passing" and changed both striker instructions to "more direct passing".
Also changed corner set ups.

That basically is all.
Team instructions and other player instructions all the same.
So it shouldn't make a huge difference, at least that was my perception.
Only in newer version given the instructions it is to be expected you get less red/yellow cards and because of defenders now with less risky passing I anticipated less "stupid" mistakes.

Trying v.11 in my second season with Villa. There's unfortunately no difference. Conceded 2 goals on set pieces in my first game of the season...I'm having a really hard time against better teams. Leaking goals and being outplayed.

im using balanta-kaan ayhan-gustavo henrique in my fenerbahce save and ewandro-alcacer as st just incredible beat both bayern and psg 5-1 finished 12 point :)
Very promising! Did you play a few more matches and can you share some screens?

I have to say that i really like the formation and performance we have been playing lately. This is my second season in Schalke and since 5 games we have been unbeaten - 4:2 with BVB at home and 1/8 CL 2:0 with Sevilla. My starting "11" is: Trapp - Howedes-Balanta-Matip ( I have just bouth Diego Godin he seems to be more solid as a CD ) - Kolorov - van Rhijn , Draxler, Januzaj - both playing MC - Meyer - Batshuayi. I will try to post some results later.

Hi all,just to give some feedback! 1st season with your tactic after many seasons without winning and:
1 - PL Champion
2 - League cup winner
3- FA cup Winner
4 - Reach the final of champeons league a lost against Man Utd... 2-4. I Started with your tac and suffer a goal around the 20th min. On the second half I changed the tac to the mariols, and suffered to goals in a row. in the 55 and 56th minute.After that I put the Brazil one (I dropped the flying duch). So just to say that I did not sticked to your tac (unfortunatly). BTW great results, I'm going to the second season with this tactic. Let's see how it goes