Anyone find themselves emotionally attached to players?

stupidmoose

Banned
Reaction score
Apologies if something along these lines has already been posted, a search didn't yield any results.

So... I can't bring myself to sell Edin Dzeko. The lad was responsible for winning goals in fantastic seasons with Real Madrid, of all teams. I currently have Rooney, Pato, Dzeko, Benzema, Lukaku, and C. Ronaldo as strikers, and with Aguero on the way and only 3 slots to fill that's way too much. By all rights, I should be selling Dzeko, but I'm getting rid of Rooney instead.

Am I just stupid; or have you guys found yourself "loving" players too?

It's not stupid if he has been performing above Rooney's level - though it does have to be said that when Dzeko reaches the 30 year old mark, his stats deplete incredibly quickly and so if going for the long run, you should probably keep hold of Rooney (Though I have never managed Rooney so can't say how quickly he loses stats at an older age).

Read my story and you will see why i will never, ever sell Alejandro Rocamora

Yeah I had the exact same thing with Paul Dixon at Dundee Utd, he was ok but even when I was getting to the latter stages of the Champions League I kept playing him even though I could easily have signed a much better player but I kept playing him because he was the last player I had who had been at the club since before I started managing them.

Redrup - The important thing is, he performs consistently. Rooney will knock in 4 goals a game if he feels like it, but be incredibly slow at other times. I got him fairly cheaply given his importance to MUFC, and I can't say I'd be too disappointed to see the back of him. However, the "what if" factor remains...

I have a policy of getting rid of players when they're 30 and buying younger replacements who I think will improve. The only players I've broken this policy for are Kaka, who at 30 is still getting 8.5+ ratings on near as makes no difference every match, and Casillas, who of course is coming into his prime in the 30s.

Jake - seems like a brilliant story mate, I will be following!

Niall - Glad to see I'm not the only one! I wonder if it's this hard for managers like Wenger. Surely Mourinho has no such issues! :p

I am harsh on my players as soon as they get to 32 they get sold for at least some money before their stats drop even more. I have no room for sentiment in my teams.

Read my story and you will see why i will never, ever sell Alejandro Rocamora

Can't seem to find him on my game mate

Back on topic. I will never sell Stuart Campbell or Jeff Hughes !

Yep happens all the time on nearly all my Sunderland saves I never ever sell Bardsley used to be Nyron.

As well as him on my Journeyman game I had a striker at Carresse in 4th divison of Italian football Thomas Albanese scored goals for fun won me consectuitive promotios and was an all round god, after 3 seasons with them I left for MK Dons bringing him with me a week later. A few seasons on again I move to Leicester and Alabanese makes the journey. The final destination for us both was Romania where I signed him for a final time and he retired at the age 36 becoming my assistant.

I grew very attached to a player at Paredes. He was old when I got him but he played on til he was 38. Big lanky fella who was amazing in the air for the levels I was at, and I kept him about on contracts just because he was my personal favourite. Didn't register with me until I posted the picture of his first season goal scoring exploits here that his name was a bit odd. He's called Quim. :D

Can't seem to find him on my game mate

Back on topic. I will never sell Stuart Campbell or Jeff Hughes !

You wont fiund him, he plays in the 4th or 5th tier of Spanish football. You need to have Spanish leagues loaded and load all players from Spain. Hes not even that good tbh, but hes been a hero for my La Cultu team.

Last edited:
I refused to sell off Stiliyan Petrov and in the end signed him as an assistant manager. He's always been one of my favorite players, and I just couldn't bring myself to sell him (Had a bid from Lille for $5.5 mil in second season, knocked it back straight away).

When Stiliyan Petrov was then offered a contract from Man City as a coach, and I expected him to leave, I offered him a way better contract to stay as Assistant Manager, and he stayed with us.

you do definately get attatched to players, when i get my new job (i have applied at Ac Milan, Man Utd, Chelsea and Lyon) (i have put Valencia on hold as well, i had my Ukrainian cup final to play the next day) i manage Dinamo Kiev :D) i will be taking Artur Kas'kov, Taras Stepanenko and Renan with me wherever i go, i will bring them straight into my new starting line ups :D
View attachment 94690View attachment 94691View attachment 94692

Alexis Sanchez, I always buy him, and can never sell him, fav. player of all times

im much like that

i always buy dennis diekmeier and benjamin lauth.

Adem Hlousek was brilliant for me at Real Madrid for the first two seasons I just coudn't let go of him but I had bough Ozil and Jovetic so he had to go sadly :(

I just cant bring myself to sell of Villa despie him being 35 and scoring only 10 goals last season cause he is the main reason why I am such a celebrated manager in that save

I am playing AC Milan, I am in 2020 and this year Kaka sets date for retirement. I offered him a coach job in my staff and after a few years I will make him my *** Man. I have him since 2011 and I could never sell him. He is my favourite player that I am emotionally attached.