Anyone find themselves emotionally attached to players?

yeah, My hero keeper for Crawley Town, Michel Kuipers, in game he is 39, and getting to the point that I should be replacing him, but i find myself saying, just 5 more games, if he plays bad then I'll put in my 2nd keeper, I'm almost at season end, and have no intentions of replacing him yet......

If I have the money, I always try to buy Lucho Gonzalez from Marseille and Ronaldinho!

The player that I always, always sign is Mathias Jorgensen :D

Last edited:
Andrea Pirlo, he just has such lovely hair (K)

20 odd million....because hes worth it

"Anyone find themselves emotionally attached to players?"

I thought that was a job for the 'fairer ***', gushing over C.Ronaldo, Owen, Beckham, Podolski, etc. :p *joking*
But on a serious note, I've never sold Kuyt, even if the price is right. He's always on my first-team squad, unless he's injured.

I am playing AC Milan, I am in 2020 and this year Kaka sets date for retirement. I offered him a coach job in my staff and after a few years I will make him my *** Man. I have him since 2011 and I could never sell him. He is my favourite player that I am emotionally attached.
Ah, Kaka... going on 31 and still performing well. I'll sell him, I don't love him that much yet, haha, but if he becomes staff I will hire. He's the only player (apart from goalies) that I've broken my "I sell players when they are older than 30" rule for for. :D

I train Milan too, and never sell the oldies there... Pirlo, Nesta, Zambrotta, Ambrosini... I sold Favalli, Oddo, dida and others, but they are not so important, I like to keep old guys in a team, they're like the bridge between players.

I have an attachement to Tomas Necid and Keisuke Honda atm. Managed both of them at CSKA and when I got a job at Birmingham City and took em with me. They both perform way beyond their abilities and are extremely consistent.

is that Benjamin Lauth in your avatar?? :D
yessir! ill admit, he used to be much better, IRL, but other then his awsome hair (when he was younger and better...or should i say his team was much better) i always liked him, along with ballack, and carsten jancker (i actually buy him for about 50k € at the beginning of each game save, he was primo back in the late 90s!

I have an attachment to Roberto Soldado :'(

He is so epic in my West Ham story that I don't think I will ever let him go :)

Eduardo!! I will never sell him with my Arsenal save..
After hard injury,he was long out of the pitch, but I'm always trust him and when I put him on pitch,he score almost every game :wub:

Shaum Maloney when i managed celtic, he is now one of my favourate players even though i dont follow scottish football or celtic!

I turned down bids of up to 17 million for him!!! thats how close we became, he added me to his favourate people aswell haha

I'm attached to Gustavo Pinedo. Signed him for Walsall. Scored like 28 league goals in 37 games. Legend.

I could never made myself sell Scholes, Giggs and Neville whenever I play Man Utd.

About players that I've signed, I had never been able to make myself sell Buonanotte. That is because there was once when the board accepted a 18m bid for Buonanotte from AC Milan in one of my saves and I was totally devastated as he was my key player. I tried offering him a new contract but couldn't offer much (40k per week I think) and was actually considering quitting the save until he rejected the contract from AC and stays with me because of his love for the club. Surely AC must have offered more than that and since then he is one of my favourite players in the game.

And I also NEVER sell Oscar Cardozo, he scores for fun, he is probably one of top 5 players that score more goals in FM, he may be old as **** but he's still the best.

I can't make myself to sell aguero even if he is scoring like 5-10 goals a season
He became a chelsea legend after 10 seaons and i will oferr him a coach role!

I am in 2013/2014 with Birmingham and I cannot sell Paulo Ferriera, whom I bought in 2009/2010, he has been a solid defender and has a lowest average rating of 6.50 from 2012/2013 in which he only played 3 games, I want to make him my coach, then next season make him my Assistant and sack Cristiano Zanetti, who never even played for the club.

Mine is a certain Mr David Beckham, I always have to sign him if I can and I never let him leave. He either retires or ive nagged him enough into becoming a coach. :)

Clinton Morrison ! when he retires i want him to be my assistant he has hardly kicked a ball for us yet but he is already my hero!