Anyone find themselves emotionally attached to players?

frankie lampard :) no matter how old he is i just wont get rid of him. in some saves his been about 38-39 hasnt played a game for me in about 3-4 years but he is still there is my first team:D then after he retires i allways make him one of my coaches

Hahaha welll if somebody snuck something extra in my cigarette and that night one of my regens breaks into the first team and does well, the attatchment is formed, as normally is a nickname. They then do not leave the club unless I do first!

Dirk Kuyt for me, in my Fiorentina save, was immense and he won top scorer for the Serie A. He performed amazing, and outshined even Gilardino a lot of the time. The next year however Gilardino was doing better than him for the first few games, but he was still doing great nonetheless. I had a bid come in from Man City for him for around $55 million. I rejected, purely because Kuyt was such a pivotal part of our team.

In my Villa save I'm playing now, we tried to sign him. We offered him a large contract when our bid of $30 mil was accepted. Then At. Madrid had to swoop in and pick him up instead... ****** me off so much... Instead we signed Mario Santana, another integral part of my team.

Vagner Love in FM 09 was sheer class with his speed and accuracy. I had no choice but to sell him due to the board taking over the deal which can be a total pain at times -.-.

Just glad that in 10 there isn't much interest in him when I manage CSKA. =]

Lee Wallace, Eggert Jonsson, Craig Thomson, David Templeton - in 2016/17 season with hearts in the champs league groups and yet they 4 still play in my team :D there goood but not amazing but i am a hearts fan and i prefer to have a scottish team really except jonsson hes icelandic but came through the youth system at hearts.. and connor ramsay & mike murdoch in the same save are 2 regens 20 & 21 keep gettin offers of about 5-7m for them but i dont think i could ever let them go lol

In my Tottenham save I'm in 2016 and still got Peter Crouch scoring for me :p. Also got Jermain Defoe and Robbie Keane in my first team even though they don't play anymore and have been unhappy for years.
I'm just waiting for them to retire to become coaches for me. I always find it very hard to sell players in general tbh.

i love marco verratti...always sign him...dirt cheap and quality even at 16...:)

starts alongside gerrard always unless injured..

id never sell him even though i could make extreme profit on him

My secret crush has to be iker munian, buying him in my 1st season slowly developing him, giving him more and more opportunities and eventually making him a first team regular

I used to try sign Vargas for every team i managed, that was untill he signed for man utd when i was at liverpool :'( ... gutted

<3 YANNIS TAFER <3 bought him for my Watford game in the 2013/2014 season , he won striker of the year twice consectutively and scored almost a goal a game :) , and i have bought him (if i can) for every club i have managed since .

Niall - Glad to see I'm not the only one! I wonder if it's this hard for managers like Wenger. Surely Mourinho has no such issues! :p
I don't think Mourinho doesn't have such issues. For example, at Real he went to get Ricardo Carvalho who had already been with him at FC Porto and Chelsea.

Two words, one class act. Jermain Defoe.

I can't drop him for some reason, with great strikers Nathan Delfouneso and Dzeko and with only one slot, even if he under performs, I leave him in the team. I might be stupid but I don't care, he's great :D

Abou Diaby.

Those who have seen my story(s), I always sign him. Such a good, young player, big name, always improves.. Great player. :wub:

Signed him with:

Wolves
Bolton
Blackburn
Schalke

Jack Wilshere, I've had a man-crush on him ever since I saw him play in the Ajax tournament a few years ago and now he's good in the game I don't feel bad about forming my team around him!

in FM09 it was luigi bruins! amazing and started ahead of flecher, carrick, then brought cambiasso,palumbo and fabregas but he never got pushed out of team and scored every free kick i had and scored 25 goals a season

I don't think I do become attached enough to cloud my judgement.

Dzeko was incredible for me as well (on my United save) and was the first player to break the Messi stranglehold on World Player of the Year. Once he hit 31, he began to score less and less and I immediately replaced him with a regen.

I always buy Henri Saivet no-matter what team I am,well if I can afford him that is.I don't really know why because he has only performed brilliantly one on save when I was Aston Villla.But I keep telling myself he'll do well this time but he rarely does.I suppose its his sentimental value:wub:

Oscar Cardozo. I still give him games even when he's 34. and he still scores. Gareth Bale and Vedran Corluka too. Also i don't think i could ever sell Wes Brown <3

loving these three guys at the moment :p
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

will definately be taking them with me when (and if) I decide to move on to greener pastures (well I have turned down all the offers already, but one day)