Tom14

Reaction score
is anyone finding this generally harder? Always have inconsistent performance and is getting slightly fustrating.

Yup. It's more realistic now. Just how we wanted. But there probably is still a few bugs, as it's beta/demo stage so they will be ironed out

Do you reckon its got anything to do with the games new and the tactics are new and arent polished off?

Do you reckon its got anything to do with the games new and the tactics are new and arent polished off?

It's a case of all game demos and betas. There will some flaws somewhere, but they will get patched up. Like my Beta version was flawed at first, but then got updated and the flaws got fixed. Same with all games-patches come out to fix them.

I dont know should I say harder or sillier.I've been playing the demo for a couple of hours and I'm quite fustrated with the AI.Defenders just seem to run around with no purpose to tackle the ball or anything even though the ball goes right past them .Also the game has been lagging time after time I mean how can FM lag when I have no problem playing fifa 13?

Do you think team training, team talks and man management will have a bigger effect this year?

Team talks have definately had a major impact for me, and man management. There's definately a lot more to pay attention to to make things work. Even future development/coaching badges.

When it comes to FIFA 13 thats more player control based gameplay than management. FIFA 13 is a completely different animal imo and thats why I prefer football manager. It's a lot more realistic.

Basically Football Manager 13 is the best one by far. It's a great game in the making

I should add, there will be will flaws somewhere, but they will get patched up. But to be honest, the ones I've come across have been small flaws. Some people have had major crossing bugs/leading to lots of goals, but I haven't. Either way, by the end of the day it'll be a great game and well worth the wait

wow 3 own goals scored into a single match.this was weird

I go with the consensus that theyve just made it more realistic! frustrating when you your players make an easy pass back and your keeper gets nutmegged then has a *** waiting for the opposition player to tap it in but hey big mistakes do happen in real life!

i just wish the developers would make a tactic shop in the game!
they could maybe make there own version of different tactics/styles eg Barcelona tiki taka and sell it for a nominal fee which could go to charity or line their pockets a bit!
that way us lazy *** players can plug and play with some truly awesome tactics!

Or they could make you lazy *** players work harder to make successful tactics :p

It's not FIFA. You actually have to do what you have to do in real life-which is to read into things, and work hard to make a successful tactic. Like me. I'm going to be studying hard to go into a FA course in management. It's not a case of putting this player here, putting that tactic there you have to do EVERYTHING. Just as I would expect in the FA course I want to do to go into management. If you want your money's worth, you have to put the equal amount of effort into it. Just like real life

Last edited:
I agree with what's basically been said. In FIFA, you control the players, so whether you win or lose is down to whether or not you're good at FIFA. But in FM, it's down to finding the right tactic that works for you and gets the best out of your team.

Or they could make you lazy *** players work harder to make successful tactics :p

It's not FIFA. You actually have to do what you have to do in real life-which is to read into things, and work hard to make a successful tactic. Like me. I'm going to be studying hard to go into a FA course in management. It's not a case of putting this player here, putting that tactic there you have to do EVERYTHING. Just as I would expect in the FA course I want to do to go into management. If you want your money's worth, you have to put the equal amount of effort into it. Just like real life
Best of luck with your course mate but i think your taking fm a tad too seriously lad.
its a simulation and a very limited simulation at that, i assume you have done your fair share of coaching since your going for a managent course and i think youll agree that training and match tactics are unbelievable limited, not to mention no nutrition options.
Plus if your a top manager you dont have to do EVERYTHING ;) cant see old alex ferguson cleaning the club kit and managing prices at the bar in the stadium.
He might overview and have the final say on pretty much everything but top managers have so much support that backroom staff are nearly as valuable as the manager!
id even hazard a guess that if old ferguson lost Rene Meulensteen, Man u would suffer horribly both short term and long term!
How about a tactic unlock system then? as in win three domestic leagues and unlock a classic tactic such as ajax 1971.

Yeah its alot harder and some people are saying thats great, but I have to disagree, its harder because the team we are managing are acting like gimps while the opposition team are masters, almost every goal I concede looks avoidable.

Best of luck with your course mate but i think your taking fm a tad too seriously lad.
its a simulation and a very limited simulation at that, i assume you have done your fair share of coaching since your going for a managent course and i think youll agree that training and match tactics are unbelievable limited, not to mention no nutrition options.
Plus if your a top manager you dont have to do EVERYTHING ;) cant see old alex ferguson cleaning the club kit and managing prices at the bar in the stadium.
He might overview and have the final say on pretty much everything but top managers have so much support that backroom staff are nearly as valuable as the manager!
id even hazard a guess that if old ferguson lost Rene Meulensteen, Man u would suffer horribly both short term and long term!
How about a tactic unlock system then? as in win three domestic leagues and unlock a classic tactic such as ajax 1971.

Not really. Its something I've wanted to do for a while now. I've always wanted to get involved in grass roots football and have one FA certificate already. It's something I wanted to do way before I played FM lol. Wether or not I get paid just want to get involved in football, and pass on knowledge to youngsters, and maybe one day work my way up. I could just sit back and dream and do sod all about it, or get off my backside and for once do something constructive with my life. If I can't get a job, then get involved with something I can do. Don't care about money. It's the satisfaction of getting involved with something I care about passiontely.

Not having a got at you btw lol

Not really. Its something I've wanted to do for a while now. I've always wanted to get involved in grass roots football and have one FA certificate already. It's something I wanted to do way before I played FM lol. Wether or not I get paid just want to get involved in football, and pass on knowledge to youngsters, and maybe one day work my way up. I could just sit back and dream and do sod all about it, or get off my backside and for once do something constructive with my life. If I can't get a job, then get involved with something I can do. Don't care about money. It's the satisfaction of getting involved with something I care about passiontely.

Not having a got at you btw lol
Thats inspiring dude im doing my last year of sport and exercise science at uni and i coach regularly at grass root and have a chance to observe elite level conditioning and nutrition in football from links iv gained at uni, you will enjoy passing on knowledge and skills to the next generation! trust me its one of the most rewarding feelings ever :)

The world needs more people like you giving up your spare time to help and educate others!
Best of luck again!

Thats inspiring dude im doing my last year of sport and exercise science at uni and i coach regularly at grass root and have a chance to observe elite level conditioning and nutrition in football from links iv gained at uni, you will enjoy passing on knowledge and skills to the next generation! trust me its one of the most rewarding feelings ever :)

The world needs more people like you giving up your spare time to help and educate others!
Best of luck again!

Cheers mate. I may not have played football beyond youth club level, but I feel i have the knowledge to pass on. Grass roots is dying imo and just want to play a part in keeping it going, be it amateur level or youth. I love the sport and just want to be a part in keeping it going. Money has no part in it whatsoever-just the love of the game

Yeah its alot harder and some people are saying thats great, but I have to disagree, its harder because the team we are managing are acting like gimps while the opposition team are masters, almost every goal I concede looks avoidable.

That's right. It's harder because the game is f--- up.

The gameplay i've seen is nowhere near as intelligent as it was in 2012. Not in it's current state, anyway.

People need to know that this game is a mess, before they run out and buy it expecting something better than FM2012.

Sure they might fix everything.

Just a warning to those thinking about buying. Because between the two games, I'd currently rather play 2012.

That's right. It's harder because the game is f--- up.

The gameplay i've seen is nowhere near as intelligent as it was in 2012. Not in it's current state, anyway.

People need to know that this game is a mess, before they run out and buy it expecting something better than FM2012.

Sure they might fix everything.

Just a warning to those thinking about buying. Because between the two games, I'd currently rather play 2012.

In what way is it a mess? And before anything more gets said It's not an attack on you. People wanted it more realistic, so it is, and as it stands it's a demo. But with this one, you have to put more work into it personally. Via man management, tactics, player management....like a Football Manager.