I've not really been that impressed with it this year, if I'm honest.

The defending is shocking, hardly any response from team talks, the Match Engine is pretty poor and I've just found it a bit unrealistic in terms of player performances.

Probably my last year of buying Football Manager.

Im finding it much harder. The amount of goals i concede at the near post from the by-line is crazy. I got Blackpool promoted with suach ease but now im rooted to the bottom of the prem after 15 games. Its tough.

Im finding it much harder. The amount of goals i concede at the near post from the by-line is crazy. I got Blackpool promoted with suach ease but now im rooted to the bottom of the prem after 15 games. Its tough.

Just do what they did IRL and throw everyone upfront lol

the byline goal glitch shud have been sorted by the update it will defo be sorted in the nxt hour :D

Just do what they did IRL and throw everyone upfront lol

I did try that. Scoring goals is not the problem. Its conceding so many. Hopefully they balance it out in the full game. Im away for the weekend so its going to give me a chance to calm down.

So far it has been a very frustrating experience. I suppose that's why we keep coming back for more.

Since the update, I have been completely and utterly dominated by every team I have faced. While the opposing teams pass with laser like precision, position well and win almost every challenge, my players are unable to pass to a teammate 5 meters away. No matter what kind of tactic I use, it always ends up the same, there is just no sign of any change. Very dissapointing so far.

Same, on the verge of getting relegated with Roma. Getting massively out-possessed by every team whatever I change or do.
I've played for ten years and this is ridiculous. Literally nothing works.

I'm finding it much harder that the previous version. As someone said earlier the defenders are horrible and goal scoring is a problem especially when you go up against useless teams and they put 3 past your keeper. lol

Been playing it quite alot this week. And gotta say its more challange than any FM game i played. Specially with lower league team but awhh well then more pleasure getting solid tactic to work and get promotion at end of season :)

So far, the demo version of the game hasn't been 'harder' as such for me.
If anything, 'harder' is the wrong term.
I am playing games, keeping more possession, having twice as many shots on goal as the opposing team, but still losing.
The opposition just seem to take advantage of my midfielder casually dribbling and slipping whilst running with the ball and so forth. If this is SI's idea of making a shortcut to make the game seem harder, they ain't doing it right.
Also, why is it when I have two players, who have another FOUR teammates in front of them closer to the goal, they opt to pass the ball between themselves about 10 times instead of passing the ball forward? Despite passing being set to 'MORE DIRECT'???
It's cringe worthy to watch matches now in FM13... looks like Spain at the Euros all over again... Bring back the logic to the match engine...

I will most likely monitor this thread closely to see how the game develops Whether they sort things out in updates or not etc. Otherwise, might end up sticking with FM12. Which I most likely won't even play now that I don't have the time to :(

Was really looking forward to FM13, but now I'm gutted... please tell me the normal game is fixed opposed to the demo? :/

All good things must come to an end, i'm sticking with Fm2012 this year.