And remember some things are still to be ironed out. People wanted more realism so.....

Definitely seems harder.

Yeah it's harder. But it's pretty much summing up what a manager has to deal with IRL. Which is what the majority of players wanted. Obviously some parts MAY be flawed but there's going to be patches for it, but saying that there's already been updates. I say challenge accepted

Dude, yes its harder and yes thats more realistic but it looks worse than FM12 the gameplay is laughable at times, I know its only a beta and hopefully everything will be grand for release but it seems SI wanted to make it more challenging but to me they made it harder for all the wrong reasons like having players do stupid things and make mistakes that you would never see in reality and its impossible to keep your team happy and please dont say thats realistic, saying your delighted with your team leading 4-0 at half time against Liverpool and they all look angered? like seriously come on, I just really hope they sort it out because right now its unplayable to me and there are so many amazing new features in the game but I cant just get past the match engine.

Dude, yes its harder and yes thats more realistic but it looks worse than FM12 the gameplay is laughable at times, I know its only a beta and hopefully everything will be grand for release but it seems SI wanted to make it more challenging but to me they made it harder for all the wrong reasons like having players do stupid things and make mistakes that you would never see in reality and its impossible to keep your team happy and please dont say thats realistic, saying your delighted with your team leading 4-0 at half time against Liverpool and they all look angered? like seriously come on, I just really hope they sort it out because right now its unplayable to me and there are so many amazing new features in the game but I cant just get past the match engine.

I'm going to be honest. Not once have I had a team talk that has angered the squad (excpet once when I briefly managed Everton in a test run where I clicked the wrong option). And when I did that Fellaini wanted to chin someone lol. But honestly, no problems at all. I always picked a talk that kept them motivated and fired up-conitnuous greens. Yes I've had inconsistenicies, but that was down to me. I didn't pay attention to player personalities+scenarios. For example, players with poor concentration doing man marking tightly-that's just a recipe for disaster. And goddam I payed the price-I was absolutely gubbed. You have to pay attention to everything-literally everything. IE if you have a team that is full of pro's and saying they are playing really well when they have a HT rating of 6.9 when 2-0 up-you don't do it. Even the weather comes into it. You have to see things as they would see it.

And by no means am I braggin. I jsut do things as I see it nothing more than that

That's right. It's harder because the game is f--- up.

The gameplay i've seen is nowhere near as intelligent as it was in 2012. Not in it's current state, anyway.

People need to know that this game is a mess, before they run out and buy it expecting something better than FM2012.

Sure they might fix everything.

Just a warning to those thinking about buying. Because between the two games, I'd currently rather play 2012.

I agree with you, I love all the new features and want to enjoy it but I just cant get past the match engine.

The game is not f---ed up. yes there will be some things a bit wrong, bit is a demo/beta. But compared to previous versions it is more challenging. You have to pay more attention to things compared to previous versions-that's what people wanted. I've had to pay more attention. I'm by no means an expert but I know now where I'm going wrong. If you cry it's f----ed up then you're in the wrong game. no offence

I'm with ajt on this.

I'm not exactly brilliant at the game but I've not had many issues with team talks, only time I see players getting angry or not liking what's said it's usually the same one or two players that do it.
As for the game engine I have no issues with it outside of the ones that are well known.
GKs being unable to control a backpass, defense falling asleep when someone gets behind them down the line. Apart from those and the sometimes insanely dumb defenders passing the ball into nothing I've hardly had anything to really complain about.

I'm going to be honest. Not once have I had a team talk that has angered the squad (excpet once when I briefly managed Everton in a test run where I clicked the wrong option). And when I did that Fellaini wanted to chin someone lol. But honestly, no problems at all. I always picked a talk that kept them motivated and fired up-conitnuous greens. Yes I've had inconsistenicies, but that was down to me. I didn't pay attention to player personalities+scenarios. For example, players with poor concentration doing man marking tightly-that's just a recipe for disaster. And goddam I payed the price-I was absolutely gubbed. You have to pay attention to everything-literally everything. IE if you have a team that is full of pro's and saying they are playing really well when they have a HT rating of 6.9 when 2-0 up-you don't do it. Even the weather comes into it. You have to see things as they would see it.

I dont know dude maybe me and some other guys got a bad batch of beta because if you are playing what I am there is no way you would be as positive as you are. I'll take all those half time team talks into account because I feel like one of these players are going to murder me. I've even p*ssed of Javier Hernandez? I never thought that was possible.

I dont know dude maybe me and some other guys got a bad batch of beta because if you are playing what I am there is no way you would be as positive as you are. I'll take all those half time team talks into account because I feel like one of these players are going to murder me. I've even p*ssed of Javier Hernandez? I never thought that was possible.

I really can't explain it to be hones with you. Like TJD07 said, i honestly haven't had any problems at all. I've done test runs with Premier league clubs, Championship clubs and Blue square clubs and had no problems at all. The assistant manager recommended certain things to be said, but it was obvious straight away it was the wrong thing. If you're 3-0 up and you're Blackburn against Harlepool, and your striker has a rating of 6.0 you definately don't say he's playing well lol when he's showing as "uncertain" on the assistant manager feedback thingy. Like I said though, I'm not pretending to be some grandmaster of team talks et al, I just do things as I see it

I really can't explain it to be hones with you. Like TJD07 said, i honestly haven't had any problems at all. I've done test runs with Premier league clubs, Championship clubs and Blue square clubs and had no problems at all. The assistant manager recommended certain things to be said, but it was obvious straight away it was the wrong thing. If you're 3-0 up and you're Blackburn against Harlepool, and your striker has a rating of 6.0 you definately don't say he's playing well lol when he's showing as "uncertain" on the assistant manager feedback thingy. Like I said though, I'm not pretending to be some grandmaster of team talks et al, I just do things as I see it

I usually give overall team talks but if its going to have my players crying then its best to give individual team talks, cheers for the tip.

I usually give overall team talks but if its going to have my players crying then its best to give individual team talks, cheers for the tip.

Inidividual talks can be more beneificial than overall. For example, if you're 4-0 up against Man City and you're Everton (which would make me weep with joy lol), and you give an overall team talk saying basically you're happy keep up the good work in the second half, it can backfire if you don't say anything to the player who has given the most effort with the highest rating. In that situation, bearing in mind the professionalism of the squad in that situation, i would warn them not to become complacent, but at the same time, pick out the highest rated player of that half to keep up the hard work in the second half with praise. It's a case of basically balancing out the talk andadjusting to the situation accordingly. Hope that helps

Sometimes I muck up what I'm trying to say at times lol

The good thing is though, you'll get all sorts of advice on this forum which pretty much works. There's a lot of people who are very experienced in this sort of field so the advice is definately going to help

I personally am not. Last year, I was awful, usually resorting to using a downloaded tactic, but this year, I have created a 3-6-1 with Liverpool and am doing very well.

i lost all my preseasons, but i kept telling my team it's all about fitness and match prep, then came season time and i won 1st 3 games, barely by 1 goal each (4-3, 3-2, 2-1)

game is quite challenging with a lower ranked club

i lost all my preseasons, but i kept telling my team it's all about fitness and match prep, then came season time and i won 1st 3 games, barely by 1 goal each (4-3, 3-2, 2-1)

game is quite challenging with a lower ranked club

That's pretty much what happened in my Weston Super Mare save.