agreed.. this is really bad SI.. you have had close on a year to slightly improve a really good engine.. its gone seriously backwards..

i wonder if they have a contingency plan in case the new ME doesnt work out as well as they hoped.....will they try to tweak and tweak this one into something playable... or do they go back to fm12 engine and just alter it visually in case tweaking fm13 is a failure

i wonder if they have a contingency plan in case the new ME doesnt work out as well as they hoped.....will they try to tweak and tweak this one into something playable... or do they go back to fm12 engine and just alter it visually in case tweaking fm13 is a failure

Tbh i'll be perfectly happy with FM12 ME implemented into FM13. Much better than how FM13 ME is atm...

I'm loving it, just the realism I wanted. I'm doing a West Brom save and it's probably going to take me a few season to reach the top ten, instead of being in the champions league in the third season.

yes its harder. haha. im managing arsenal and im 13th in the middle of november. signed sven bender, lorenzo insigne and manuel pasquale (he's a really good signing very cheap and effective). ive found this game extremely frustrating. sadly i have to admit this to being realistic but i feel aggravated with some things. we lost 1-0 to both west brom and southampton and then we on 3 vs. norwich and i thought we were going ok. then we went to the etihad to face man city and we lost 6-2. 6-2. why is this game so irritating????? ive won 5 of my last 8 because ive got a new tactic. well 2. the first is 4-1dm-3cm-2 with podolski and walcott upfront. i use either control, attacking or overload with that. the 2nd is 4-1-2-2-1 with either lm and rw or lw and rm. a dm,cm and an amf with giroud as a target man. (don't these abbreviations do your head in?:D)

After thoes beta updates i can honestly say i'm happy with fm13.
I can easly make my way in Liga I with PSG ( in 4 seasons i won 1 UCL ). It does not seems to hard , considering the crossing bug fixed.

However , i have 2 other saves with middle teams , and yes , you can't just get a random team and win all in 1or second season.
I find it the way it should be. However its posible for you to win everything , but i think its fairly harder.
At least in my opinion , my satisfaction in fm12 was ... preety low , i could just manage lets say.... Steaua Bucharest or Bate Borisov and win UCL in 2-3 seasons with good implemented tactics and the right youngsters singed in.

On the flip side I have just had Omar Daley score 3 goals on 3 games, only 1 of which he started from closer to the corner flag than anything else!!!

It's the only times I've played him as well and my regular winger hasn't managed it.

Dunno if it's just me but the ball ends up being behind the player a lot of the time when they're dribbling with it. Kinda reminds me of the Championship Manager 2010 match engine.

Haga turns out he isn't do special. 2 games later I've just had the exact same go against me.

Defenders inability to cut out through balls on the game is nothing like real life. I've been Celtic (the team I support, who have players with a lot better ratings than the rest of their league.) I've been Barca to test this & Chelsea. Neither 3 of the defences can cut out through balls, and they all struggle to score, I've tried different training schedules, tactics, opposition instructions. The lot!!!! Nothing has worked, I think I speak for the majority when I say the game is currently a shadow of 2012 in terms of the ME, however the new features are suave and I hope SI SOS the game.

as interesting as that goalkeeper and defence behaviour

I don't understand why it's so hard for me to score goals. the opposition's finishing is so clinical, whereas it takes me 5 shots on target to score 1 goal.

Also my opposition players seem to score wonderful and spectacular goals... and I just can't. Miss 8/10 1on1's as well... I just cannot score.

I actually find it easier. I couldn't keep possession on FM12 with decent amount of chances. I didn't even have to work hard this time. ~40 shots, ~20 on target, couple of goals each match. I just came back from a 1-0 loss away against Liverpool AND with 10 men. Tough it hasn't been a lot since i started playing, leading after 6 matches. My only concern is I concede too easily, even when I give away very few chances. I agree above post about through balls, goal i conceded against Liverpool was one of those. Defender had immense advantage to cut it, attacker was way behind, ball was slow and all and he just stood there, didn't take one single step.

Do you think it's good to zonal mark? Mine is currently set to default. In FM12 zonal marking gave me troubles, so i haven't set it to zonal now. I'm not sure if it will either lower or increase risk. I don't feel it will help.

I go with the consensus that theyve just made it more realistic! frustrating when you your players make an easy pass back and your keeper gets nutmegged then has a *** waiting for the opposition player to tap it in but hey big mistakes do happen in real life!

i just wish the developers would make a tactic shop in the game!
they could maybe make there own version of different tactics/styles eg Barcelona tiki taka and sell it for a nominal fee which could go to charity or line their pockets a bit!
that way us lazy *** players can plug and play with some truly awesome tactics!

This is TRULY the worst comment I've ever seen :S

Tactic shop? HMmmm..that rings a bell. well blow me sideways of course. The tactic creator!!! Why pay for tactics when you can download them from here.

Sigh

Last edited:
I have to share in Mugatu's frustrations re: the defence.

It's as if they haven't got a clue at times, and instead of launching a good counter-attack (as I tell them to) they just pass back, kick the ball out or give away possession. THAT does not happen in real life, even in the South Gloucester Foetus League!

Still, if it's only a BETA glitch this time and will be ironed out, then I'll be happy. FM2009 and FM2010 I hated because of 40 yard back-passes every time and players playing as if they were on drugs/in la-la land.

Vermaelans been rubbish in my Arsenal save and Mertersackers been outstanding.
I think theres something SERIOUSLY wrong here