Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs

did you start with this tac need to start my save soon or fm14 will be out just like fm12 was in 2023 with the club and starting to do well then fm13 came out

I didn't start with this tactic but I wouldn't hesitate to use it to start with. This save was started way back on the original patch and I used a 3-6-1 wing back system (wasn't mine was dowloaded from on here).

Funnily enough I did exactly the same on FM12!

Just wrapped up my first Juventus season with this tactic, and what a season it's been!

Serie A was won before the end of March, with the Italian Cup and Super Cup also added to the trophy cabinet.

This was all rounded off with a Champion's League final against Barcelona, which we won 3-1 :) Demolished Chelsea 6-0 in the quarters, and just squeaked through against Man U on away goals in the semi.

Brilliant, and thanks for sharing this tactic.

View attachment 323837View attachment 323838View attachment 323839

I didn't start with this tactic but I wouldn't hesitate to use it to start with. This save was started way back on the original patch and I used a 3-6-1 wing back system (wasn't mine was dowloaded from on here).

Funnily enough I did exactly the same on FM12!

cool will give feedback when i get round to starting my save

Just wrapped up my first Juventus season with this tactic, and what a season it's been!

Serie A was won before the end of March, with the Italian Cup and Super Cup also added to the trophy cabinet.

This was all rounded off with a Champion's League final against Barcelona, which we won 3-1 :) Demolished Chelsea 6-0 in the quarters, and just squeaked through against Man U on away goals in the semi.

WOW! That is a near perfect season in Serie A, 109 points highest I've seen! And you won every competition going! I'm chuffed this has worked so well for you!

2jb37m.png

Delighted with that win! Vela scoring on his first game back from a month out too. Only sour note was some ****** clattered Griezmann late (he is out for 9-10 months with cruciate ligament damage) not even yellow card for the nobcheese that injured him! Worse thing is he has been our best player and I'm now left with only two fit wingers in my squad (Hernandez is out for 3 months too). At least Vela can cover both wings, may retrain Angel to play on the right wing.

WOW! That is a near perfect season in Serie A, 109 points highest I've seen! And you won every competition going! I'm chuffed this has worked so well for you!
Me too ;)

Couple of things I'll add from the past season:

1) I tweaked the Tackling setting to "Easy" for my DM (right). This is probably more to do with the player I primarily had there (Vidal) than the tactic itself. Vidal has an Aggression attribute of 20, along with a PPM of "Dives into tackles". Not a good combination as his 103 fouls, 19 yellow cards and 4 reds in a single season will testify to. I'm trying to unlearn his PPM as well, but my coach says it's unlikely. "Easy" tackling for Vidal is probably like "Hard" tackling for normal players ;) Something to consider if you have a particularly aggressive player.

2) Shouts - I didn't use them much, however playing against decent teams that didn't use wingers or wingbacks, the shouts "Play Narrower" and "Exploit the Flanks" seemed pretty solid. These teams would clearly be focussing most attacks through the centre, so compressing the space there helps strangle them whilst getting the ball out quickly to my wingers who thus have more space to run into.

I get Llorente for free next season, so it'll be interesting to see how he fits in - he's ideally suited as a Target Man. I've also been handed a £45m transfer fund, which I need to use wisely (unlikely!) Too many squad changes can upset things, so less is more.

the thing with juv is you dont have to spend loads all you need is a couple of cd and a gk will try this with my juv save going into my 3rd season

2jb37m.png

Delighted with that win! Vela scoring on his first game back from a month out too. Only sour note was some ****** clattered Griezmann late (he is out for 9-10 months with cruciate ligament damage) not even yellow card for the nobcheese that injured him! Worse thing is he has been our best player and I'm now left with only two fit wingers in my squad (Hernandez is out for 3 months too). At least Vela can cover both wings, may retrain Angel to play on the right wing.

Why did you play Destro AF or CF?

Me too ;)

Couple of things I'll add from the past season:

1) I tweaked the Tackling setting to "Easy" for my DM (right). This is probably more to do with the player I primarily had there (Vidal) than the tactic itself. Vidal has an Aggression attribute of 20, along with a PPM of "Dives into tackles". Not a good combination as his 103 fouls, 19 yellow cards and 4 reds in a single season will testify to. I'm trying to unlearn his PPM as well, but my coach says it's unlikely. "Easy" tackling for Vidal is probably like "Hard" tackling for normal players ;) Something to consider if you have a particularly aggressive player.

2) Shouts - I didn't use them much, however playing against decent teams that didn't use wingers or wingbacks, the shouts "Play Narrower" and "Exploit the Flanks" seemed pretty solid. These teams would clearly be focussing most attacks through the centre, so compressing the space there helps strangle them whilst getting the ball out quickly to my wingers who thus have more space to run into.

I get Llorente for free next season, so it'll be interesting to see how he fits in - he's ideally suited as a Target Man. I've also been handed a £45m transfer fund, which I need to use wisely (unlikely!) Too many squad changes can upset things, so less is more.

Yes they are tweaks I had already made, originally the DM were on hard! With the closing down and work rate of this tactic that would be a disaster. I also have an aggressive DM, Simao, so I may take your advice and set that to easy when he's playing there. I ALWAYS sub him when he gets booked.

in terms of the shouts, thats a good call to exploit the flanks against wingless formations will give that a try as well! Because I have manually tweaked the width of the tactic (narrow anyway) the play narrower shout probably doesn't have too much affect, so it must already be suited to playing these teams.

Llorente is a good acquisition (on my game he joined Juve and last season got 50+ goals!) I'd use him as the CF. Will be interesting to see how he does. I think after that season you don't need to bring too much in, maybe a couple of world class signings.

can you give me link with tweak please

There are no official tweaks. Only recommendations are to set aggressive DMs to easy tackling and to use the exploit flanks shout when playing a wingless formation.

View attachment 323853

This is how I finished my season, doesn't get much better than that! Quadruple winners (Super Cup, Serie A, Italian Cup, Champions League) and now up to 80 million in the bank even before next seasons sponsorship/tv deals come in.

Its now time to start seriously focusing on the national team, I've got a few players with potential, in the last two league games 3 started and two of them were amongst the goals. The future's bright.

where do you play giovinco?

Who did your Opposition Instructions (if you did any)?

And, what in-match tweaks (shouts etc) did you do... or did you just plug and play it?

where do you play giovinco?
Giovinco didn't get many games. I found Matri to be best suited for the AF role with quagliarella and vucinic about equal inthe CF position. When I did play Giovinco it was as the AF.

Who did your Opposition Instructions (if you did any)?

And, what in-match tweaks (shouts etc) did you do... or did you just plug and play it?
Always used my assistant for the OIs every match. My AM is Ayesteran who has great attributes in defence and tactics, like the OP recommends.

2 tweaks - I changed Vidal's tackling instruction to easy as he picks up too many cards, and when playing a decent team using a wingless formation the shout "exploit flanks" seems ok.

You can also try untraining Vidal's PPM of dives into tackles.

One further thought on the shouts. If your opponent changes formation during the match to have wingers, cancel the shout straight away. I keep the opponents formation widget on screen to check this.

keles78 i think that is essencial to have fast defenders, and you need to give 2 months for the tactic to be really adapted to your team.
The cohesion is very important, but believe me, for guys like me that like to play with wingers and with two strikers, this tactic is just amazing. :)

Tahnks mate ı start new game with besiktas. I also like play two strikers and wingers. Because I think big team must play two strikers.