Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs

Just a quick question... How do you guys set up the individual training? Roles of players or let the *** man sort it out?
This a "true" thread where everything is explained and people know actually how team must play. Guess it's the only thing that miss. Sorry if it's already answered.

Sean, do you consider make another manager philosophy on FM13? Someone in the likes of Capello, Mourinho, etc.

Just a quick question... How do you guys set up the individual training? Roles of players or let the *** man sort it out?
This a "true" thread where everything is explained and people know actually how team must play. Guess it's the only thing that miss. Sorry if it's already answered.

Sean, do you consider make another manager philosophy on FM13? Someone in the likes of Capello, Mourinho, etc.
Personally I set individual training to mirror the role each player has on the pitch, at an average intensity. Adjust individual positions as well if needed.

All set for the new season. Only 3 main new signings - Llorente (who I was getting for free anyway), Santon from Newcastle at left back for £12m and Higuain from Real Madrid for a bargain £12.75m who will play as my primary AF.

I'll also be bringing through some youth players - Juve have a dozen or so youngsters with massive potential, and some will be getting first team action. Especially Leali (goalie) who will ultimately replace Buffon.

Just beat Spurs in the European Super Cup :)

View attachment 324050

The "exploit flanks" tweak, does this include when facing a team with wide midfielders also? Say a 442, or only against narrow tactics like a 23212 or 4321 with only MCs in them?

Hiya,

Can i ask what you mean in the training section by ' During Pre-season the focus should be completely match-based and tactics only '

The result and stats speaks for itself...

View attachment 324084

One of the most enjoyable matches for me in this year's game. Very nice see the Arsenal with the ball and shoot for nowhere and we take every chance we can.

Going to test this with Roma and get back to you. Seems like theyr players would fit in very well especially since i bought adam maher to swap with pjanic.

Will get back with results mate. Looks pretty good thus far!

If I'm honest I don't really go into depth on individual training. If a player is missing an integral part to their position (i.e. an average speed advanced forward) I will put them on a specific regime to improve that area (in this case quickness). As this tactic prefers well-rounded players, the general training is more than sufficient.

In the future I may develop other tactics based on real life philosophies, but at the moment I'm getting so much success with this I don't feel I need to.

The "exploit flanks" tweak, does this include when facing a team with wide midfielders also? Say a 442, or only against narrow tactics like a 23212 or 4321 with only MCs in them?

I would recommend only using against teams that have no width other than D R/L.

The result and stats speaks for itself...

View attachment 324084

One of the most enjoyable matches for me in this year's game. Very nice see the Arsenal with the ball and shoot for nowhere and we take every chance we can.

Great result. I assume Oppurtunes Flagranes means Clear Cut Chances?

Yeah mate sorry. Portuguese guy here :)
Totally forgot about that. I'll take that into attention the next time as this is an English forum :)

Yeah mate sorry. Portuguese guy here :)
Totally forgot about that. I'll take that into attention the next time as this is an English forum :)

Haha no worries, Portuguese or Brazilian Portuguese? I learned a bit of the latter (ex-girlfriend).

Nice one.

I'm gonna try it out but do you ever find that your strikers are isolated because your midfield is deep? .. seeing as you play with DM's..

Not seen a problem with the strikers being isolated as the mentality of all players is high and I use a high line. Give it a try and let me know how you get on :)

Have updated the opening post with Hernes79 and Keles78 progress with Juventus & Besiktas, anybody else who is testing it feel free to post up your screen shots so I can put them in there as well.

just out of curiosity. which side is better

Milan under Sacchi or Barcelona under Pep?

Hi Seanhrfc,

Really promising tactic I tried this on an Old AC Milan save last night and beat Barca over 2 legs in the semi's of the CL...I was looking forward to giving it a go this morning but...steam has updated to patch 13.3.3? Am I behind the times or has SI once again updated?