Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs

Hi Seanhrfc,

Really promising tactic I tried this on an Old AC Milan save last night and beat Barca over 2 legs in the semi's of the CL...I was looking forward to giving it a go this morning but...steam has updated to patch 13.3.3? Am I behind the times or has SI once again updated?

It was released two days ago but it's only hotfixes and nothing to the Match Engine.

Football Manager 2013 Patch 13.3.3

just out of curiosity. which side is better

Milan under Sacchi or Barcelona under Pep?

Wow that is a big question. Both had quality players that fitted the system of play and were very successful. I think that Pep's Barcelona pip it for me, though they're equally as good under Tito so its more of a whole club ethos rather than a managers. Best team of my/our generation!

But there are many elements of Sacchi's philosophy that can be taken to other teams, whereas I feel the Barca high-pressure tiki-taka style of play is a lot less adaptable, only suited to a few of the top teams! Which is why I created a tactic in Sacchi's vision, rather than Tiki-Taka.

Hi Seanhrfc,

Really promising tactic I tried this on an Old AC Milan save last night and beat Barca over 2 legs in the semi's of the CL...I was looking forward to giving it a go this morning but...steam has updated to patch 13.3.3? Am I behind the times or has SI once again updated?

Yes shyftyy has got it nailed on, it's only hotfixes so the match engine has not changed in any way. Good luck with Milan!

Guess that Barça didn't do even better because of a certain Mourinho. If this two didn't coexist at the same time, Barça would have won everything. But yes, Barça was probably the best team in our generation :)

As for the other part of the post, as Sacchi said one time "To play a high defensive line you "only" need teamwork and not pace". This can be successful applied in a medium team. As for the Tiki-Taka, the passing, technique, and of the ball (the famous triangles) ability is only possible with players that play together for many years.

Guess that Barça didn't do even better because of a certain Mourinho. If this two didn't coexist at the same time, Barça would have won everything. But yes, Barça was probably the best team in our generation :)

As for the other part of the post, as Sacchi said one time "To play a high defensive line you "only" need teamwork and not pace". This can be successful applied in a medium team. As for the Tiki-Taka, the passing, technique, and of the ball (the famous triangles) ability is only possible with players that play together for many years.

To add to the tiki-taka, its something that is more of a culture than a way of playing at Barca, it's so ingrained. From ages 7/8 all the way to the first team and B team. Its not happened over night, its taken years to create and a lot of investment. Difficult to replicate anywhere, but the bigger teams should be having a look at it and see how they can.

Fantastic start to the new season, results speak for themselves:

View attachment 324324View attachment 324325

Only 2 goals conceded in 11 so far, and none in Serie A! I've now got what I would call a world class squad, some of the best regens on the game and great depth, showing the results this tactic can achieve with a top squad. Before, I've always been punching above my weight.

Got registered to the site just so I could post in here. Stoked to try your tactic out that is once I get home. Really appreciate your activity in the thread too. Will update in a few!

Got registered to the site just so I could post in here. Stoked to try your tactic out that is once I get home. Really appreciate your activity in the thread too. Will update in a few!

Let me know how it goes, Stoke should do well with the tactic, only problem is that they have a lot of MC's but lack DMs, so you'll probably have to do a fair bit of position training and/or sell MCs to bring in DMs

Haha, I meant stoked as in excited mate.

Anyway, gave my extremely disappointing Valencia game ago. Keep in mind, most of my key players are either injured or serving bans. Also, morale hasn't been good. 5th in the La Liga too and dropping points like nothing.

Plug in the tactic, low familiarity levels and had my assistant select the line-up and OI's. Set my team talks and this happened -

2hn6hck.jpg

I kept telling myself, "This can't be happening, I'm killing them". Amazing, amazing start, will keep on with it. Feedback soon! Hopefully, it's no one-hit-wonder.

Haha, I meant stoked as in excited mate.

Anyway, gave my extremely disappointing Valencia game ago. Keep in mind, most of my key players are either injured or serving bans. Also, morale hasn't been good. 5th in the La Liga too and dropping points like nothing.

Plug in the tactic, low familiarity levels and had my assistant select the line-up and OI's. Set my team talks and this happened -

2hn6hck.jpg

I kept telling myself, "This can't be happening, I'm killing them". Amazing, amazing start, will keep on with it. Feedback soon! Hopefully, it's no one-hit-wonder.

It won't be a one hit wonder. My Wigan save is still going strong. We won the Capital One cup and are in the semi-finals of the FA Cup. Also still second in the prem. Still in first season.

Wow your guys results are incredible. Dan i'm looking forward to the screen shots!

I'm thinking of giving it a fresh season go. Which team would fit the tactic nicely without purchasing players?

Arrigo-Sacchi-Filters.7z

I made some search filters for all positions with the primary attributes you mentioned in the OP. They are set to 15 (Premier League), but you can adjust them to any level you want.
If you don't want this download in your thread seanhrfc i will delete this post.

KUTGW

Arrigo-Sacchi-Filters.7z

I made some search filters for all positions with the primary attributes you mentioned in the OP. They are set to 15 (Premier League), but you can adjust them to any level you want.
If you don't want this download in your thread seanhrfc i will delete this post.

KUTGW

Great work! I've never used player filters before, where do I save them to? Will be updating the OP later so will add this in there.

Great work! I've never used player filters before, where do I save them to? Will be updating the OP later so will add this in there.

C:/.../Documents/Football Manager 2013/filters

Put the .pft-file in this directory and import it in player search. ;)