Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs

i didn't have that problem m8. try to tick resting before and after match, and if u have matches in three days, try to send ur player to resting for two additional days from squad overview screen. it always worked for me, cheers :).

I've question to all of you mates:) Have you got a problem with players condition? My players are still exhausted and some complain about the intensity of training. I'm using general training from the OP + individual training(set to role players) Cheers.

Yeah because of the intensity of the tactic (high press) it is very physically demanding, particularly if you are playing in a league that requires playing 2 games a week regularly. The best plan is to have a solid rotation system so that the same players are not player a lot of games in a row, but also keep it consistent so that partnerships are developed. Another option is to give those key players that you want to play more often a few days rest here and there to help keep them match fit.

Generally the players that complain about the intensity of training are those that have lower determination / work rate / professionalism / ambition - so I tend to have very few of those players.

The creator of the tactic recommends several players for various positions. I wish someone or the creator of the tactic recommend top players to the positions of tactic.

Thanks for the help.

Which team are you playing as? What's your budget?

hi sean great tactic! im abit lost with the filter where do u put it do u put it in your shortlist or am i just being thick lol

Won the Bundesliga and Germany Cup with Schalke and this approach. Lost in Semi's in CL against Juve.
All of this in 1st season. So so fun playing with this.

Last edited:
What about using 2 MC's? would that destroy the tactics? I mean, with the same functin, just moving then up...

What about using 2 MC's? would that destroy the tactics? I mean, with the same functin, just moving then up...

I've toyed with that recently. Last couple of games I played I was down by two goals with not long left so I decided to move the ML/MR up to the wings and the DMC's up into the middle of the pitch, changing none of the tactical settings. It worked pretty well; one of the games I managed to come back and win and the other I got a goal back but still lost.

this tactic is awesome!!!!

I won 4 serie A leagues in a row, Italian Cup, and one Europa League, all this with Lazio. I've lost two Champios League finals.

Now I started a new game in Serie C2 B. Two games played, two wins...

hi sean great tactic! im abit lost with the filter where do u put it do u put it in your shortlist or am i just being thick lol

Cheers, there should be a folder called filters, you may have to create it. Then you just upload it when you manage filters I believe

The tactic originally started with 2 MCs but I found that there were too many gaps between the units - sacchi had 35 yards max between front and back. By moving them to DM the defensive lines were a lot closer together and so much more defensively solid. There is no harm in having an MC / AMRL tweak as a more attacking approach however.

this tactic is awesome!!!!

I won 4 serie A leagues in a row, Italian Cup, and one Europa League, all this with Lazio. I've lost two Champios League finals.

Now I started a new game in Serie C2 B. Two games played, two wins...
Picture pls. ;) I love Lazio's storrys

I've been using this tactic as my away tactic in the premier league. I'm running Chelsea, and my toughest away matches are against man city, arsenal, mu etc. I use a counter attacking mentality, and if I have the lead with 15 minutes or less to go then I switch to purely defensive. the only problem I have with this tactic is for some reason I can never get the mental bar maxed. everything is fluid except for that remains 50% On the other hand I have two other tactics I use, Barcelona 4-3-2-1 and Goals galore 4-2-3-1 and they are all maxed fluid. Is it because I am using other tactics? I use GG for home games or against weak sides. Barca 4-3-2-1 against certain formations where 3 midfielders is advantage, and AS 442 for away games.

im struggling to see a link to download this tactic, any direction my friend would be helpful

Used this tactic with West Brom after 3/4 seasons with my own tactics, ended up 4th (one place below than the previous season). This was perhaps due to implementing the tactic mid-way through the season. In the next season, 2017/18, I managed to win the Premier League, Capital One Cup and FA Cup. In the champions league I lost in to Barcelona in the semis, though I beat them at home. My reason for success is to change the mentality from attack to control for a team of West Brom's quality and stature, even when playing teams like Doncaster. I would use the original 442 tactic at Home, and 4411 tweak away. When playing Man City I would use the wingless 4231 (a tweak from this tactic, found here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...17428-arrigo-sacchis-4-4-2-tweaks-thread.html) . Here are some screenshots of my season: View attachment 475433View attachment 475432View attachment 475431View attachment 475430View attachment 475429View attachment 475428
Instantly after, I got offered the job at Bayern Munchen after Markus Babbel joined the German National team. So far won the German and European Supercup and unbeaten in 17 games since pre season began.