Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs

Hi! In what schedule should i train the Defensive midfielders? As defensive midfielders or box to box? :p And the fullbacks, more attacking or defensive? :)

This in my opinion is the best tactic by far that has been created and has resulted in me winning every competiton for the last 4 years( im talking every single competiton, premier league, champions league, fa cup, capital one cup , world club championship, community shield, super cup.

Its gotten to the point where i am going to sell my team and start again i want to try and break all the records my team has set - ie team goals, individual goals, assists ect ect.

Do you have any suggestions for ppm's

Absolutely stunning tactic. Best I've ever used on FM - aside from my own one that I had on FM2011. It's simply stunning.

Per Mertesacker scored 12 in one season with this tactic - third top scorer for Arsenal, IIRC!

TBH Gulit the advanced forward in your lineup was much more of a DLF. If Sacchi's Milan played today it would be considered a 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1

BTW, Colombo the LM wasn't really a winger he played wide to offer width but whenever Milan defended he would move to a LCM role. And milan would defend in a 4-3-2-1 shape.

Also one of the DM's should be more creative than the other one. Ancelotti was the more creative DM while Rijkaard was the more defensive DM.

just finished 4th season with arsenal won
4 premier league titles 3 f.a cups 3 community shields 1 champions league (been in final 2 times and semis 1 time)
current team is

szczesny
clyne jones vermaelen shaw

koke wilshere

wallcot isco

giroud fierro

another thing anyone recomend a complete forward age 26 or under

View attachment 474190

I know its only Lech Poznan, but it's still a competitive game in the Champions League.

Bell AF, Orriols CF and Centurion LM. Only troubles I've had are against United and Chelsea in the league, seem to beat them when I come up against them in cup games though which is odd. I don't normally like downloading and using other peoples tactics cause they usually never work for me. I've only downloaded a few from here on this version and this is the only one that offers up good football as well as being extremely consistent - good work Sean!

Here are screenshots of my two strikers from that match:

View attachment 474189View attachment 474188

What do you guys think would be the best line up for Liverpool in the first season with this tactic?

Coutinho for me is the main problem as he doesn't seem to fit in anywhere. At the moment I've gone with:-

Suarez-Sturridge
Coutinho-Downing
Henderson-Gerrard
Enrique-Agger-Skrtel-Johnson
Reina

But Coutinho is awkward (yellow) in the ML position. Will this affect the tactic and should I retrain him to play ML or perhaps drop Sturridge and play Suarez as the complete forward with Coutinho to his left like this:-

Coutinho-Suarez
Downing-Gerrard
Henderson-Allen
Reina

I'd have to put Gerrard on the right as Sterling doesn't seem up to it yet in the game and neither does Assaidi

TBH Gulit the advanced forward in your lineup was much more of a DLF. If Sacchi's Milan played today it would be considered a 4-4-1-1/4-2-3-1

BTW, Colombo the LM wasn't really a winger he played wide to offer width but whenever Milan defended he would move to a LCM role. And milan would defend in a 4-3-2-1 shape.

Also one of the DM's should be more creative than the other one. Ancelotti was the more creative DM while Rijkaard was the more defensive DM.

Hi there, it seems that in the tactic I have created the positions of Gullit and Van Basten are switched, so Gullit is actually represented as the complete forward. Also in relation to the way in which players played certain positions - I don't think this would have been something heavily enforced by Sacchi himself. He wanted a 'holistic' approach and allowed his players the creativity to make their own decisions. Therefore if you play a player with a defensive mindset alongside a more creative DM, they will play that way without being stipulated by the tactic.

another thing anyone recomend a complete forward age 26 or under

If money is no object, Falcao is the best on the game. However Giroud should be outstanding as the CF, so I'd look to maybe a young apprentice to him, such as Cornelius or Maupay.

What do you guys think would be the best line up for Liverpool in the first season with this tactic?

Coutinho for me is the main problem as he doesn't seem to fit in anywhere. At the moment I've gone with:-

Suarez-Sturridge
Coutinho-Downing
Henderson-Gerrard
Reina

But Coutinho is awkward (yellow) in the ML position. Will this affect the tactic and should I retrain him to play ML or perhaps drop Sturridge and play Suarez as the complete forward with Coutinho to his left like this:-

Coutinho-Suarez
Downing-Gerrard
Henderson-Allen
Reina

I'd have to put Gerrard on the right as Sterling doesn't seem up to it yet in the game and neither does Assaidi

Hmm, you're right Coutinho doesn't really fit, though I'd be more tempted to train him as the AF rather than ML, as I'm not sure he's got the discipline to play the ML role. Gerrard is outstanding in the DM role, so I'd keep him there alongside Allen or Lucas, Henderson is a decent option for the wing. Sterling & Aissaidi can be used as impact players, whilst using more all round midfielders such as Downing and Henderson in the wing roles.

Tell some1 PPM for this tactic.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ed-player-moves-my-arrigo-sacchi-4-4-2-a.html

Above is a link to a thread I created about PPMs, should be some good info on there.

I'm afraid I have to call BS on the guy who claims that he won the treble as Liverpool with this tactic. The tactic creates NOTHING when playing away as LFC. I've just been outclassed by Norwich and beaten 2 nil away with my best side.

The screenshot/s of the guy winning this treble doesn't seem to exist which is suspicious. Without screenshots to prove that this tactic can do anything as LFC then I think you should remove that claim from the original post seanhrfc. In my eyes this never happened or else prove it please as that's the reason I was tempted to use this tactic as LFC in the first place.

I'm afraid I have to call BS on the guy who claims that he won the treble as Liverpool with this tactic. The tactic creates NOTHING when playing away as LFC. I've just been outclassed by Norwich and beaten 2 nil away with my best side.

The screenshot/s of the guy winning this treble doesn't seem to exist which is suspicious. Without screenshots to prove that this tactic can do anything as LFC then I think you should remove that claim from the original post seanhrfc. In my eyes this never happened or else prove it please as that's the reason I was tempted to use this tactic as LFC in the first place.

What do you mean that the screens dont exist, its in the Opening post. Remember that the user might be from another forum ansd just because you failed with it does not mean someone else cant have great results with the same club.

In the SS there was a mistake. I've not won the treble, just the Premier and the Europe League.

Recently I've won the league again with Liverpool. For me it works perfectly but not every save is the same. It could be due to an highly amount of things. Obviously I can't guarantee at a 100% degree that my results are true but we have to believe in each others. I guess that, if we don't do this, the whole purpose of discussing our saves loses the sense a bit. Sometimes it works, sometimes doesn't. Recently, in a challenge that I was trying to accomplish with this tactic and with Liverpool, I lose 8-2 to Arsenal. This doesn't make this tactic or my approach bad. It's just the game.

Cheers and good games ;)

View attachment 473274

Recently with Spurs, this happened to me in 1st season. Probably if I want to replicate this again this won't happen. Was due to a very good management and the game was "my friend".

You can see some of my SS in the following pages (oh, and some SS of the others users doesn't work too...):

post nr. 241, page 25;
post nr. 251, page 26;
post nr. 317, page 32.

Also you can find all my posts, on this thread, in my personal page. Any doubts just ask me :)

I have no reason to doubt that Jukilo won trophies with Liverpool first season. In regards to the screen shots, some of them are 'dead' as they were added months ago. I, for some reason, cannot edit attachments in the opening post.

You have to remember that each save game is different and there are a number of factors that could differ. Form of other teams, injuries (or avoiding injuries), squad harmony, man management and a load of other factors can create a ''butterfly effect'' and you can rocket or plummet.

Considering I have won titles / finished in champions league positions with far less prestigious teams than Liverpool, as have others, and that Liverpool start with a squad that fits pretty well with the philosophy/tactic, there is no reason why you can't be competing for the title first season, but there's no guarantee.