Arrigo Sacchi's 4-4-2: High Pressure, Attacking Tactic for Top Teams and Underdogs

how do people adapt this tactic for away games, seems to be awful.

Hi there, you need to field a higher amount of defence-minded players - I will have 4 good DMs, 2 midfield generals, 1 defensive, 1 creative. In tough away games I play the def-minded player + one of the generals. Also I get versatile players in such as full-backs who can play on the wing (e.g. Camilo Zuniga) and play them on the wing in tough way games to help break down attacks.

Can someon upload the tactic please?

It is at the bottom of the opening post.

Used this tactic in my Blackburn save i also have made a story for it check it out and it has worked phenomenally

Just checked this out, going very well! Will keep looking out for it and probably comment :p

started off well and now just fell apart and dont know what happened. Conceding so many goals and cannot score. One of the main problems I find is that one of the cbs come out to pressure alot leaving space behind. The other player makes the run and gets slipped through very easily. Any ideas on how to adapt?

What team are you playing as? Need a quick, clever back line otherwise they will mess up and not be able to recover. It is a high press tactic afterall.

As an update, I've been playing a Network Game as Cardiff on the new update. First season I finished 2nd. Second season I've just won the league, and got to the semis of the Champions League, knocking out Bayern on the way.

As an update, I've been playing a Network Game as Cardiff on the new update. First season I finished 2nd. Second season I've just won the league, and got to the semis of the Champions League, knocking out Bayern on the way.
same tactic as the op?

just been promoted with middlesbrough recommend me some players people trying to strengthen almost every position with 10m

Sean how do you manage individual trainings? Do you pay them special atention? Do you have a general rule regarding them?
Thanks in advanced and sorry for my english. Great tactic mate

I have testet out this tactic with RasenBallsport Leipzig from Germany 3 div. and so far I have manage to advance every season so I now play in Germany 1. league.

I have used your tactic all the way in almost every game I have played, only in a coulpe of games have I used LS 4-2-2-2 defence tactic.

But as you can see in my SS I have done pretty good with this tactic of yours so keep up the good work.

First season I was untouchable all season long.
View attachment 466240

Second season I did okay it took some time to get the team to perform.
View attachment 466241

Third season was the first year in Leauge 1 and again the team was great with your tactic.
View attachment 466244

Fourth season so great, the team overperform all season long and managed to come in first.
View attachment 466243

Fifth season so far we are doing it good again.
View attachment 466242

And as you can see here we have won all competitions we have played in so far. This year we are playing in the CHL and are leading our grup.
View attachment 466239
View attachment 466238

This is the team so far.
View attachment 466237View attachment 466236

And then I have some SS from some of the best games my team have played with your tactic.
View attachment 466235View attachment 466234View attachment 466233View attachment 466232View attachment 466231View attachment 466230View attachment 466229View attachment 466228View attachment 466227

So I can only say one thing, this tactic works great keep up the good work mate.

Im using PENTOR for 7 years now. Every year I won the LIGA BBVA and three times CL.
But never like this convincingly as this year with this tactic from OP as seen from the attached.
Thumbs up sean!
View attachment 465914

i won everything with Arrigo except CL ...

I have testet out this tactic with RasenBallsport Leipzig from Germany 3 div. and so far I have manage to advance every season so I now play in Germany 1. league.

I have used your tactic all the way in almost every game I have played, only in a coulpe of games have I used LS 4-2-2-2 defence tactic.

But as you can see in my SS I have done pretty good with this tactic of yours so keep up the good work.

First season I was untouchable all season long.
View attachment 392836

Second season I did okay it took some time to get the team to perform.
View attachment 392835

Third season was the first year in Leauge 1 and again the team was great with your tactic.
View attachment 392832

Fourth season so great, the team overperform all season long and managed to come in first.
View attachment 392833

Fifth season so far we are doing it good again.
View attachment 392834

And as you can see here we have won all competitions we have played in so far. This year we are playing in the CHL and are leading our grup.
View attachment 392837
View attachment 392838

This is the team so far.
View attachment 392839View attachment 392840

And then I have some SS from some of the best games my team have played with your tactic.
View attachment 392841View attachment 392842View attachment 392843View attachment 392844View attachment 392845View attachment 392846View attachment 392847View attachment 392848View attachment 392849

So I can only say one thing, this tactic works great keep up the good work mate.
training please?:)

Just do it like seanhrfc describe its in his first post. Make sure that your team is playing a lot of games in pre season.

Hi Seanhrfc! I have super results with this tactic, i win almost everything i play in! :D But i have one question, in what training schedules do you use your players? :)

I was bored of my other tactic so decided to give this a try. I'm still shocked at the outcome, unbelievable season:

View attachment 396179View attachment 396181

I was playing on the latest updates, so the Southampton team is reasonably well suited to this tactic. I'll be looking to maybe replace Lallana with Deulofeu during pre-season.

You're a genius, Sean. Cheers.